It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of the 7 deadly sins does God do and is that ok with Christians?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AHerald

And don't forget, Jesus is God

You'd be amazed how many Christians disagree with that point alone.

Or it's just a source of rightful ownership. Are you greedy because you build a table and can call it yours?

Tables aren't sentient. It's amazing how often people "accidentally" leave out critical details like that.

Or it's a warning to us that those other "gods" don't even exist. They're false and serving them benefit us not at all.

I don't see how serving any god benefits us. Seems like we've always been the bitch in the relationship, to be perfectly honest.

Think of free will again. But also, this line of thinking is limited by a focus on this life and not the next. A dying child is innocent and gets a one way ticket straight to Heaven. That's not really that terrible.

That's a depraved line of logic, if it can even be called logic. It's also a transparent ploy to assuage your guilt at entertaining a flawed philosophy. It's called PSYCHOLOGY. Am I the only one in this whole forum who has picked up a psychology book? I am beginning to think I am. What a depressing realization.

edit on 26-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

To say that your argument is wrong or invalid would be casting the preverbal " first stone"

As a Christian who believes that we all have faults of some degree or another and falling short of perfection, any attempt to clarify your query as wrong would point of fact come from a place lacking perfection.

Perhaps if we understand the things of this world and each other then we could more fully grasp the true concept of God and the cosmos. But until then posing questions is hardly wrong , nor can be the question.only the response, It can only serve as a platform to which we can display the opportunity to either grow or to hinder. How then we choose to respond can either lead to unity and a firm foundation or discord and quicksand.
I can only speak for myself , but what Christ taught ( within his day and age) was contemporary . ( though I feel could be held timeless by its existence alone) Are we as Christians not to also be contemporary ?

The evils perceived by you attributed to God could very well be the evils attributed to anyone that proclaims themselves to be God , perhaps ? Maybe we should take heed of this and understand we are men and not God? So maybe a little of the stuff called love and forgiveness and humility are in order for all of us that are not God or claim to be?
So we can deal with bigger issues and finally grow? I think perhaps we should all recognize each other as deserving more good than bad . We should all have courage to stand alone and for each other , not as Gods but as men. Perhaps.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Don't trust anything but the King James Version, or older!!

New International was designed to hide the Aliens!!

You can use a NIV Bible to get through some of the tough old English!

We just found another instance of the NIV destroying the truth!!
edit on 26-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

windword

Paragraphs are your friend. You should consider using them more often.

As God says in the Bible "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Christians don't believe that God sins.

Shouldn't God take the high road, then? But, in the Old Testament, that guy who claims to be God, doesn't. He orders his followers to perform the most debase actions of murder, destruction, slavery and rape.

Jesus was God incarnate, and Jesus never sinned. God can be wrathful, and he can be jealous, but he is only jealous for us and our love. We believe that He loves us more than we can comprehend. I mean, God didn't need to save us from our sins. God says that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was the perfect representation of his love for us. God is slow to anger and rich in kindness, and the only time he is angry is when an injustice is being committed. The only times God intervenes supernaturally in the Bible is for the good of humanity.

You sound like a battered wife, claiming that your husband only beats you when you deserve it, that he beats you for your own good and because he loves you.

How was it good for humanity when God sent bears to devour the children who were teasing Elisha for being bald? How was the torture of Job and murder of his family good for humanity?

Show me the verse where it says that "God sent" bears to devour those kids. Job suffered more than he deserved for sure, but Christians believe that he was rewarded for it in the afterlife. He is the most extreme example of someone maintaining their faith among trials, and Christians believe that God knew that the story would be recorded in the Bible because of his omniscience. Job was also assured that his family went to Heaven.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You know guys, the gods fight worse than we do!!

The more people you know, the more problems you have...

Star Wars:Return of the Jedi VI - Battle of Endor FULL (Space Only) 1080p
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
www.youtube.com...

Dominion War: Part 21 - The Federation Strikes Back
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5cR_1Yazc
www.youtube.com...

Protocol vs. Rebellion!!

Humanity has been a mediator between those factions for a long time...

Humanity could have brought peace and balance to the .......

Genesis 3 KJV

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
edit on 26-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Greed from Wikipedia: Greed is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self, far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort. It is applied to a markedly high desire for and pursuit of wealth, status, and power.--As a mental exercise this discussion must be based in the idea that the Bible is accurate in its portrayal of existence. From that vantage God, as creator and sovereign, is wholly possessive of all of creation and is therefore incapable of greed.

Sloth- No, if attention had been paid to the quote It is clearly related to the physical processes of the universe. The suffering you ascribe to God's will have no bearing on the sin of sloth.

Pride- If the commandments had been given as a stand alone set of rules I would agree that God is comparing himself to other gods with the first commandment but in context the Bible clearly portrays God as without equal

Lust- Oh how witty. Luke 1:30 says "And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God." I do not find this as sexually suggestive as you do apparently. Jesus is said to have been conceived of the Holy Spirit. Lust is a desire for the physical. The Holy Spirit is a non physical entity.

Envy- Yes, if not, he would be. If not, then who cares?

Look if the atonement of Christ's sacrifice is all some elaborate ruse to have us rely upon it as opposed to earning heaven in some other manner than count me among the bamboozled. I bought it hook, line, and sinker. But I see no evidence of that.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Excellent OP. Don't expect them to listen though. God could boil orphans in the blood of nuns and still be praised because he missed one.

WOW.........what blasphemy.......

Even though I don't know you...... if this is your true personality I bet your life is a mess.

So picking on your creator is a way to deal with your crappy life?

I would bet you are definitely not a happy person.

I have noticed those who love to attack God or religion within this forum come from. Not that this is the standard bit it is very noticeable.

1. The middle aged man or woman either still living with his/her parents or a disgruntled parent living paycheck to paycheck and has given up, given up on his employer, the U.S. government, society, and finally of course also on God because maybe his prayers were not answered or he is living a life that he does not want, or to all the hypocrisy in the church.

2. The middle aged single mother raising children without a man figure in the household.

3. The bitter old aged man/women pointing blame at others instead of looking at themselves.

I am disabled......have been since 34 years old. I live in a foreign country where people do not like my nationality. Unemployment is everywhere. Atheist, satanist, Christian and Islam follower are your next door neighbor. Am I rich...NO. Am I happy? YES. More importantly do I have inner peace? YES.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We have clearly discovered deceit in one of the Biblical translations in this thread.

The Repent KJV, Relent NIV in Exodus. One of them is lying...

The goal of "this" life is to Master Sin!!

The gods have the same goal!

The gods even seem to worship a Trinity.

So what is a god of a god?

A true Master, Masters Sin!!

Michio Kaku 3 types of Civilizations
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GooNhOIMY0
www.youtube.com...

He didn't mention type 4, 5 or 6. He left that for imagination...

The Holy Bible itself has 3 different Gods in it. The God of Creation, the God of the Exodus and the God of the Gospel.

Not including the Lamassu beings of the Exodus.

I see a lot of you are in a for let down for not reading the Holy Books!!

It is sickening what the so called "churches" have done to real "churches"...

Always remember.

You can never go to church!!

YOU ARE THE CHURCH!! The Church goes where you go!!

When they control a simple truth, they can control EVERYTHING...

Goal of this reply is to establish the similarities between gods and humans...
edit on 26-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions and format

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Greatest I am

spartacus699
Even if that's true it doesn't matter. We're just men, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. The pot can't say to the potter "why did you make me like this", or "why are you running the show like that".

Pots cannot speak. Humans can.

As that clip says, God creates us ill and demands that we be well, --- even thought that is impossible thanks to how God creates us.

Yep. God can do whatever he likes. Even the completely immoral and stupid.

Regards
DL

Ya but that's the other thing. Lets say you're dissatisfied with your human condition. Or mad at God, or questioning him or something. It doesn't matter. You can rant and rave all you want. You're still a person stuck in a human body trapped on planet earth. All your ranting won't change a thing, nor will it force God to do anything. He might not say or do anything for you. so what does that leave you with? Nothing, except for the realization that you are where you are because of the choices you've made. And blaming God won't change anything. So I just don't get the logic. If you believe God is real just align yourself wit him and trust his actions. If you're just mad at him, what's that gonna solve? And if you don't believe in him at all then way question him? Maybe he has reasons for doing what he want that are beyound your understanding. And from your perspective it just looked like a bad thing when really it wasn't?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Show me the verse where it says that "God sent" bears to devour those kids.

Why did God kill 42 lads merely for saying Elisha was bald?

2 Kings 2:23-24, “Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.”

Why would God allow two bears to kill 42 young lads simply for saying Elisha was bald?
carm.org...

That's not an act of God. That's a scary campfire tale, spun by men to keep youngsters in line and respectful of their elders.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

ghostfacekilah00
Kind of disturbing to see how often "enlightenment" ideas are repackaged as if they are something new while the attacks on religion are more hateful, angry, and closed-minded than ever before. The extent of rebellion against God in our time is scary to behold. The wicked call evil good, and good evil.

Exactly. Look at the evils that religion is calling good. Especially Christianity as it follows it's genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

That is why my view is that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.liveleak.com...

Death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

AHerald

Greatest I am

“offered Grace through faith in his son.”

Indeed. All we need do is embrace the satanic notion that we should try to profit from a barbaric and needless human sacrifice and embrace the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased?
With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Is this a joke? You're just demonstrating a profound misunderstanding in the sacrifice. God didn't HAVE to do it. That's actually a big part of the whole point. He chose to do it. And don't forget, Jesus is God so it's not exactly the same as God choosing a completely separate being and just destroying them.

Greatest I am
---------------------------------

“The Earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it."

Thanks for confirming God’s greed.

----------------------------------

Or it's just a source of rightful ownership. Are you greedy because you build a table and can call it yours?

Greatest I am
“sustaining all things by his powerful word."

Are you saying that God is maintaining the status quo of about 10 million children under ten years of age who starve and die of other preventable causes yearly?

That makes him quite a prick in my book. Not in yours I take it?

I can't speak for Josephus' exact context for using that phrase, but I'd suggest you think more big picture. The results of our own free will destroying us is not the fault of God.

Greatest I am

Pride is the belief that oneself is essentially better than others. God has no equal against whom to compare himself against and is thus incapable of the sin of pride.

He does that comparison by saying that we are to put no other Gods before him.

He is demanding that we feed his ego and pride.

Or it's a warning to us that those other "gods" don't even exist. They're false and serving them benefit us not at all.

Greatest I am

“ Lust is usually defined as excessive sexual want. I know of no instances where an act or motivation of God could be considered sexual.”

A cuckolded Joseph might disagree. Especially when God became a deadbeat dad.

Seriously?

Greatest I am

“If all of creation belongs to God how can he be considered envious?”

If?

If not, he would be.

Do you consider yourself owned and are those who own people not responsible for them? Think of those 10 million children again.

Think of free will again. But also, this line of thinking is limited by a focus on this life and not the next. A dying child is innocent and gets a one way ticket straight to Heaven. That's not really that terrible.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Thanks for admitting that God has those deadly sins and for trying and failing to justify his having them.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Strollin

To say that your argument is wrong or invalid would be casting the preverbal " first stone"

As a Christian who believes that we all have faults of some degree or another and falling short of perfection, any attempt to clarify your query as wrong would point of fact come from a place lacking perfection.

Perhaps if we understand the things of this world and each other then we could more fully grasp the true concept of God and the cosmos. But until then posing questions is hardly wrong , nor can be the question.only the response, It can only serve as a platform to which we can display the opportunity to either grow or to hinder. How then we choose to respond can either lead to unity and a firm foundation or discord and quicksand.
I can only speak for myself , but what Christ taught ( within his day and age) was contemporary . ( though I feel could be held timeless by its existence alone) Are we as Christians not to also be contemporary ?

The evils perceived by you attributed to God could very well be the evils attributed to anyone that proclaims themselves to be God , perhaps ? Maybe we should take heed of this and understand we are men and not God? So maybe a little of the stuff called love and forgiveness and humility are in order for all of us that are not God or claim to be?
So we can deal with bigger issues and finally grow? I think perhaps we should all recognize each other as deserving more good than bad . We should all have courage to stand alone and for each other , not as Gods but as men. Perhaps.

I agree that we are all sinners. That is why I point out the sins of the god of the bible.

I am pleased you agree and will not argue against the O P.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

ghostfacekilah00

windword

Paragraphs are your friend. You should consider using them more often.

As God says in the Bible "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Christians don't believe that God sins.

Shouldn't God take the high road, then? But, in the Old Testament, that guy who claims to be God, doesn't. He orders his followers to perform the most debase actions of murder, destruction, slavery and rape.

Jesus was God incarnate, and Jesus never sinned. God can be wrathful, and he can be jealous, but he is only jealous for us and our love. We believe that He loves us more than we can comprehend. I mean, God didn't need to save us from our sins. God says that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was the perfect representation of his love for us. God is slow to anger and rich in kindness, and the only time he is angry is when an injustice is being committed. The only times God intervenes supernaturally in the Bible is for the good of humanity.

You sound like a battered wife, claiming that your husband only beats you when you deserve it, that he beats you for your own good and because he loves you.

How was it good for humanity when God sent bears to devour the children who were teasing Elisha for being bald? How was the torture of Job and murder of his family good for humanity?

Show me the verse where it says that "God sent" bears to devour those kids. Job suffered more than he deserved for sure, but Christians believe that he was rewarded for it in the afterlife. He is the most extreme example of someone maintaining their faith among trials, and Christians believe that God knew that the story would be recorded in the Bible because of his omniscience. Job was also assured that his family went to Heaven.

All of God's immorality can be accepted if you add enough delusions to the story.

What do you make of the fact that in Job, God says that Satan moved him to hurt without just cause?

That is an admission directly from God to having sinned.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Josephus

Greed from Wikipedia: Greed is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self, far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort. It is applied to a markedly high desire for and pursuit of wealth, status, and power.--As a mental exercise this discussion must be based in the idea that the Bible is accurate in its portrayal of existence. From that vantage God, as creator and sovereign, is wholly possessive of all of creation and is therefore incapable of greed.

Sloth- No, if attention had been paid to the quote It is clearly related to the physical processes of the universe. The suffering you ascribe to God's will have no bearing on the sin of sloth.

Pride- If the commandments had been given as a stand alone set of rules I would agree that God is comparing himself to other gods with the first commandment but in context the Bible clearly portrays God as without equal

Lust- Oh how witty. Luke 1:30 says "And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God." I do not find this as sexually suggestive as you do apparently. Jesus is said to have been conceived of the Holy Spirit. Lust is a desire for the physical. The Holy Spirit is a non physical entity.

Envy- Yes, if not, he would be. If not, then who cares?

Look if the atonement of Christ's sacrifice is all some elaborate ruse to have us rely upon it as opposed to earning heaven in some other manner than count me among the bamboozled. I bought it hook, line, and sinker. But I see no evidence of that.
God demanding our adoration with the threat of hell if we do not give it is definitely God being greedy and is all about his own inflated status and ego.

Pride. --- My son in whom I am well pleased shows pride in his son and place no one above me shows he fears replacement at the top due to his inflated pride.

True that sloth speaks to the universe and wee see God being quite lazy and not doing anything about anything.

You are right that the holy ghost is not corporeal and since humans are in need of corporeal sperm and eeg to prompt birth, there was corporeal contact made. The Trinity concept has yet to be properly explained as the three talking head are not said to be equal; and they would have to be for a true Trinity.

As to Jesus and his so called sacrifice.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

You should really follow your scriptures on this one but they do not feed your insecurities and force you to take responsibility for yourself. Unfortunately, you are not quite ready to grow up yet.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AHerald

A dying child is innocent and gets a one way ticket straight to Heaven. That's not really that terrible.

So why the negativity toward abortion?? Seems to me like all those abortion doctors are just helping the little tikes along. Maybe the Christians who go around murdering Doctors who give abortions are actually doing those little unborn babies a dis-service by trying to birth them into the world when they should be praising these doctors for "quick ticketing" all those fetuses into the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

AfterInfinity
Excellent OP. Don't expect them to listen though. God could boil orphans in the blood of nuns and still be praised because he missed one.

WOW.........what blasphemy.......

Even though I don't know you...... if this is your true personality I bet your life is a mess.

So picking on your creator is a way to deal with your crappy life?

I would bet you are definitely not a happy person.

I have noticed those who love to attack God or religion within this forum come from. Not that this is the standard bit it is very noticeable.

1. The middle aged man or woman either still living with his/her parents or a disgruntled parent living paycheck to paycheck and has given up, given up on his employer, the U.S. government, society, and finally of course also on God because maybe his prayers were not answered or he is living a life that he does not want, or to all the hypocrisy in the church.

2. The middle aged single mother raising children without a man figure in the household.

3. The bitter old aged man/women pointing blame at others instead of looking at themselves.

I am disabled......have been since 34 years old. I live in a foreign country where people do not like my nationality. Unemployment is everywhere. Atheist, satanist, Christian and Islam follower are your next door neighbor. Am I rich...NO. Am I happy? YES. More importantly do I have inner peace? YES.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

You should try to get out more.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

spartacus699

Greatest I am

spartacus699
Even if that's true it doesn't matter. We're just men, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. The pot can't say to the potter "why did you make me like this", or "why are you running the show like that".

Pots cannot speak. Humans can.

As that clip says, God creates us ill and demands that we be well, --- even thought that is impossible thanks to how God creates us.

Yep. God can do whatever he likes. Even the completely immoral and stupid.

Regards
DL

Ya but that's the other thing. Lets say you're dissatisfied with your human condition. Or mad at God, or questioning him or something. It doesn't matter. You can rant and rave all you want. You're still a person stuck in a human body trapped on planet earth. All your ranting won't change a thing, nor will it force God to do anything. He might not say or do anything for you. so what does that leave you with? Nothing, except for the realization that you are where you are because of the choices you've made. And blaming God won't change anything. So I just don't get the logic. If you believe God is real just align yourself wit him and trust his actions. If you're just mad at him, what's that gonna solve? And if you don't believe in him at all then way question him? Maybe he has reasons for doing what he want that are beyound your understanding. And from your perspective it just looked like a bad thing when really it wasn't?

Or I could become a Christian and live a life of delusion and follow a genocidal son murdering prick.

No thanks. I am not that low of a human being and have found a better Godhead.

As to God, I cannot be mad at a delusion and myth but I can be with those who have ignored logic, reason and their moral sense and do harm in his name.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.liveleak.com...

Death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

The 10 commandments are definite rules that any society needs to follow to flourish.

Which of the 4,000 Christian sects has the right "me", in place no one above me?
Dunno - I don't follow a sect because they are all after money and power....and not about what Jesus was trying to show us.

Which of the myriad of denomination of version of the bible should I go by?
One that allows many wives or one that only allows one?
Which ever one you want - you live your life, not me.

A link would be good.
Many articles and few books stated the same thing - a society needed laws similar to our 10 commandments. Some books even theorize that Aliens gave us this simple, yet effective, guide. Google them yourself.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty
The deadly sins were created by the church and not God.

The 10 commandments are definite rules that any society needs to follow to flourish.

God gave them to man to follow, God follows whatever a God wants (Kings/Rulers/Presidents followed the same thinking).

Edit: Parents are an easier rule bender figure. Parents tell the kids to do X and not Y...all the while the parent does Y. The 'Do as I say, not as I do,' mentality is all.
edit on 26-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

So you think that "Kings/Rulers/Presidents followed the same thinking).', that being that they can break the laws they give others to follow.
Yes....ever read a history book or watch current news?? Crack smoking Mayor comes to mind....

IOW, your God is immoral just like many parents.
Think I made it clear - Do as I say, not as I do. The seven deadly sins were also created by a MAN and not given to us by a GOD. Catholic church trying to keep control..

And here I thought that he was the last word in morality.

Scriptures say we should emulate God in all things so those immoral parents are doing the moral thing. Right?
Scriptures I read - nothing of the sort... You spent too much time believing crap. All things...? That makes me laugh. Again - 7 sins from man, not God. King James Bible - from Man, not God. Do some research on facts before you judge a God??

Regards
DL

edit on 29-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit stuff

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join