It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of the 7 deadly sins does God do and is that ok with Christians?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How many of the 7 deadly sins does God do and is that ok with Christians?

en.wikipedia.org...

God seems to have broken many of the 10 commandments and Christians are quick to forgive him for then. They tend to say that God made those for mankind to keep and that since God owns us, he does not have to do as he tells us to do.

Do as I say and not as I do from their lawmaker seems to be ok for most Christians although to give some few credit, they say they would not tolerate that trait in anyone else. Rather a double standard but this is God after all and he needs some concessions.

I was wondering if that attitude and free pass was transferrable to the 7 deadly sins or if Christians could accurately judge God on them even if they would exonerate him for those as well. Just because he is God.

The sins are as follows. Wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

Wrath. God definitely has a wrath problem and his temper and killing ability is quite well known. When Christians get to hell they will note the many children and babies who have felt God’s killing wrath.

Greed. I would say that God is quite greedy as he will destroy any soul who does not kowtow to him. He is not greedy for money but I think it is fair to substitute money for souls here.

Sloth. I would say that God has a lot of slough. I do not see him doing much of anything at all and this indicates laziness with is a synonym for sloth.

Pride. Scriptures do show God having pride. The bible has God saying he is well pleased with Jesus and as a part of the Trinity we cannot put anyone before him then we can see that that is a lot of pride.

Lust. I am not sure about. I would say that when a man covets another man’s woman for reproductive reasons that coveting and lust are quite close and we do know that God coveted another man’s woman so I will give God only half marks on lust.

Envy. To me envy is quite close to coveting so for this sin I give God full marks. I think he envied man’s ability to reproduce and shamed us with his bestiality with a human female. This bestiality I admit is more spiritual than physical although how we can remove all the physical is a mental headache.

Gluttony. For this, God gets a pass.

So the total sins that Christians would see is 0 sin factor and God would pass all criteria with flying colors.

I see God at a horrible 5 ½ sin factor out of 7 and a clear fail.

There is no arguing with Christians on this and I know this because of this phenomenon.

www.youtube.com...

I would just like to ask any kind Christian out there to please give an argument refuting my obviously wrong arguments showing that God is a sinner just so others will see how wrong I am. Please correct me as God lovingly would.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

See, that is what happens when you read the book...

It takes more Faith after you read it!!

You are better off just popping blue pills (matrix reference, har..har)...

Good video!

I like how he regarded the story of Job as an indictment, because that is exactly what it was.

I don't think this guy is losing Faith. His old Faith was demolished because it was built on Sand.

His new Faith will be built on Stones and Mountains..The Rock!!

edit on 25-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't have any arguments against what you say, you may be spot on.

I do though have a question for you.

Why is this important to you? Does it bother you that much to think people can have a faith in something greater than themselves? Is it really that crazy to think something unexplainable exists beyond our comprehension? It may, or it may not. We must decide for ourselves on that. If someone chooses a choice you did not choose, can that person not be left to their choice? Or do you feel a need to somehow convert this person to your line of thought, much the same as the Christians you seem to be at odds with?

You could be, of course a Satanist instead of an atheist as was my thinking, if so, I apologise in advance.

But if your an atheist, then, I ask, why the hate?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I'm a Christian, and I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of the Bible and I will try to rebut some of the points made in the OP as objectively as possible. All of these answers obviously describe the Christian concept of God. First of all, you don't understand what Christians believe about God if you hold him to human standards. God is perfect, so there is absolutely no need to hold him to any human standard. You will never fully comprehend the awesomeness and power of God in this life, though you can in the next. As God says in the Bible "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Christians don't believe that God sins. Jesus was God incarnate, and Jesus never sinned. God can be wrathful, and he can be jealous, but he is only jealous for us and our love. We believe that He loves us more than we can comprehend. I mean, God didn't need to save us from our sins. God says that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was the perfect representation of his love for us. God is slow to anger and rich in kindness, and the only time he is angry is when an injustice is being committed. The only times God intervenes supernaturally in the Bible is for the good of humanity. God has prophets warn the cities and peoples that he destroys who literally speak the words of God and warn the people to turn from their wicked ways. He always gives them a chance to change before he destroys them. He gave the Egyptians 9 plagues before killing their first-born, which is also a symbolic gesture, as God calls the Israelites his first-born and Moses tells the Pharoah that "God will not allow his first-born to be cut off." Christians do not believe that babies and kids go to Hell. As Jesus said when he had the children gather around him in front of a crowd, "The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." Children are not yet mature enough to commit a mortal sin worthy of separating themselves from God. God promised Abraham that he would not destroy a city even if he found a single just man inside of it. Sodom and Gemorrah were destroyed because of their wicked ways, as was Babylon. No, Christians do not believe that God is a sinner. You obviously haven't read the Bible OP, and I think that would probably be the best way to find the answers to your questions if that's what you're actually looking for. I think you might just be trying to get Christians to doubt their faith, which is understandable because you don't believe in God so your intentions wouldn't be evil or anything if that's what you're doing. I think you should give God a chance. Christians believe that God reveals himself to each individual person privately and spiritually. You don't have to believe in a spiritual realm for God to answer you, you just have to sincerely ask God to reveal himself to you if he is real. Something else you might not know is that Christians believe that Jesus lives through his true followers today through the power of the Holy Spirit (not very relevant, just something that a lot of people not familiar with Christianity aren't aware of). We all know what right and wrong is, and we all have a desire to be free from the guilt of all the wrong we've done. Knock and the door will be opened. That's a Bible verse. There are a lot of pretty beautiful promises and messages from God in there believe it or not. Give him a chance. If he doesn't reveal himself to you (granted, you likely can't comprehend how he will do that) after you sincerely try than he would have to be unjust to send you to Hell.
edit on 25-11-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Shapeshifter Jesus was Chill compared to the Big Guy!!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think in today's methods of deciding things we should have a rap battle. The Christians versus the atheists. The Christians will of course put up God. The atheists will put up.....?, dam they don't have anyone. Bill Nye maybe? Dunno

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Perfect!!

Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k
www.youtube.com...

After some thought, I would at last Say Wrath and Envy are 2 definites!!

Nahum 1 KJV

2 God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

3 The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

edit on 25-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Matthew 5: 38-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Any Christian who does not live out the teachings of Jesus with their actions is not a true follower of Christ and the light of Christ is not in them.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by caterpillage

Perfect!!

Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k
www.youtube.com...

After some thought, I would at last Say Wrath and Envy are 2 definites!!

Nahum 1 KJV

2 God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

3 The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Wrath for sure. Not envy, but jealousy for sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

I was considering Envy as jealousy.

Well envy is lets say, a weaker feeling of Jealously?

If I was envious or jealous of my neighbor it could be nearly the same thing.

Envious not sounding so bad....

Oh dang, Hawking won the Rap Battle.

Well, Athiests need one victory!!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

I was considering Envy as jealousy.

Well envy is lets say, a weaker feeling of Jealously?

If I was envious or jealous of my neighbor it could be nearly the same thing.

Envious not sounding so bad....

Yeah I get what you're saying, but it doesn't ever say in the Bible that God is envious of anyone or anything. He would have nothing to be envious of because he is God. It says he is jealous when we worship other Gods or don't give our hearts to him.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

He seen those Pagan Idols and he was Hot!!

You know if I was God and seen it, I would have just brushed it off and carried on with my mission. Just putting myself in his shoes for a moment. I would have seen them as dangerous as a garden gnome.

He seen them as something else.

He must have known those Idols, and it brought back bad memories.... Of the War!!

He might be shell shocked...Maybe even injured...

His Home, Heaven the Holy Temple was destroyed.

Exodus 20 KJV

1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Verse 4 gets real interesting

It sounds like he knows the people/beings depicted in those idols. He refers to them as beings Above, Below and in the Waters...

You can actually follow the path of the Isrealites by the Destroyed Pagan Monuments on their March to the promise land.

I'm using "Pagan" in a broad term.

You know, He brakes his own rule when he puts(commands and instructs) the 2 Cherubims on the Mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant!!

Cherubim is a sphinx with Wings.

In a way, God is confirming the existence of those other Idols.

Like the Heavenly Bull and the Golden Calf.

Goes back to the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Titan Gilgamesh overtakes the Heavenly Bull. A Lamassu.

Lamassu Wikipedia Reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu
en.wikipedia.org...

The Golden Calf may go back to the worship of the Apis Bull.

Apis Wikipedia Reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apis_(god)
en.wikipedia.org...(god)

What made the Isrealites think God would be pleased by the construction of a Golden Calf?

Golden calf wikipedia reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf
en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting story about the calf.

I would like to point out, Noah is NOT the Titan Gilgamesh.

Heavenly Bull was sent to take care Gilgamesh. Didn't go well for the bull.

Noah had to prove to God that he didn't have lineage to Fallen Angels!!

edit on 26-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Even if that's true it doesn't matter. We're just men, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. The pot can't say to the potter "why did you make me like this", or "why are you running the show like that". Or the sheep can't ask the shepard "why are you doing this or that". God can do whatever he wants. I think that's like Satan, one day he was like "why are they doing things like this, I'm gonna take over and do things better" and he got the boot. And he was a cheribum higher in status than an arch angel. What are you??? YOu're nothing. a meir mortal. An ant wanting to tell the human what to do. Like get real. You have no power at all in the grand scheme of the universe. Ahhh dumb

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Exodus 32 KJV

1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt..

5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the Lord.

6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

7 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

9 And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

11 And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

These verses raise a lot of Questions??

They thought Moses was lost....

Aaron spilled the beans on what the Gods look like...

Then God confirms it to Moses...

Then he has to stop himself from smiting them, there and then....

Who does God repent to??

The Calf could represent a living creature or being, or be a rendition of technology.

Like the 4 legs being landing gear for a saucer. The saucer, the body of the calf. The cockpit is the head of the calf. Depicted with a sun between horns. A ladder coming down from the craft may be looked at as a tail.

Prepare yourself and read Leviticus 10 ahead of time....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The deadly sins were created by the church and not God.

The 10 commandments are definite rules that any society needs to follow to flourish.

God gave them to man to follow, God follows whatever a God wants (Kings/Rulers/Presidents followed the same thinking).

Edit: Parents are an easier rule bender figure. Parents tell the kids to do X and not Y...all the while the parent does Y. The 'Do as I say, not as I do,' mentality is all.
edit on 26-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Which Ten Commandments, the 1st or the 2nd set??

Moses was ticked at the first set because they were more of a cookbook and schedule...

Broke em!!

The Covenant treaty commandments were more diet and eugenics oriented.

There are 3 references to them in the books of Moses. I particularly always promise to post them but for some odd reason I never find the will to do it.

I guess it is something that people need to find for themselves...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Which Ten Commandments, the 1st or the 2nd set??

Moses was ticked at the first set because they were more of a cookbook and schedule...

Broke em!!

The Covenant treaty commandments were more diet and eugenics oriented.

There are 3 references to them in the books of Moses. I particularly always promise to post them but for some odd reason I never find the will to do it.

I guess it is something that people need to find for themselves...

No idea about the different commandment sets. I know Moses had a crap-ton of 'Godly' rules - is that where they came from?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Exodus 32 KJV

1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt..

5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the Lord.

6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

7 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

9 And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

11 And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

These verses raise a lot of Questions??

They thought Moses was lost....

Aaron spilled the beans on what the Gods look like...

Then God confirms it to Moses...

Then he has to stop himself from smiting them, there and then....

Who does God repent to??

The Calf could represent a living creature or being, or be a rendition of technology.

Like the 4 legs being landing gear for a saucer. The saucer, the body of the calf. The cockpit is the head of the calf. Depicted with a sun between horns. A ladder coming down from the craft may be looked at as a tail.

Prepare yourself and read Leviticus 10 ahead of time....

The word in verse 14 is relented, not repented.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I personally believe the second set was a compromise between God and Moses.

The second set incorporates the Egyptian Spells/Book of the Dead.

Wikipedia Maat Reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat
en.wikipedia.org...

42 Negative Confessions (Papyrus of Ani)[edit]
I have not committed sin.
I have not committed robbery with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have not slain men and women.
I have not stolen grain.
I have not purloined offerings.
I have not stolen the property of the god.
I have not uttered lies.
I have not carried away food.
I have not uttered curses.
I have not committed adultery, I have not lain with men.
I have made none to weep.
I have not eaten the heart [i.e., I have not grieved uselessly, or felt remorse].
I have not attacked any man.
I am not a man of deceit.
I have not stolen cultivated land.
I have not been an eavesdropper.
I have slandered [no man].
I have not been angry without just cause.
I have not debauched the wife of any man.

The first 20.

I have a feeling, Moses knew these well.

A bunch of lawyers bickering is how I am picturing Heaven...

edit on 26-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I didn't alter it. That is how it is in the King James version.

I know the punishment for altering that...

edit on 26-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join