It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to have to do what I did not want to - I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one here...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In the past couple years the abandoned cats population in my neighborhood has gone through the roof. From simply two cats that hung out, and that I will eventually take with me when I move, to over 30 cats that hang out. I mistakenly, and if I had to do it again, would not, fed them, thinking it was the kind thing to do. Plus, they would come around sensing that I was feeding the two outdoor cats I have. During the two years, or so, although I have spent tons of time and money, getting them fixed and returning, the numbers keep rising.I simply cannot afford to do this. Now, new neighbors are bitching non stop about the crap in their yard, and my yard is getting the same way, smells like poop, and piss, no matter how much I clean. Cat fighting all night, etc. So, for the past three weeks I have been trying every non kill shelter and organization in town. Every shelter is packed, and will not take any. In fact, several organizations seemed to rip me a new ass for not "caring" enough... which is ridiculous. As a last resort, and I feel extremely bad about doing this, is I will have to take them to the kill shelter... sucks... I hope the big man upstairs understands...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Just spread some Critter Ridder around and let them be someone else's problem. Out of sight, out of mind. They'll survive on their own.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Not a whole lot you can do. Word of advice for the future....don't feed cats you can't get fixed.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I say keep feeding the cats and the dogs, let them breed freely, because very soon they're going to be very good sources of easy protein.

Your cat farm is your renewable food source. Protect it. Cultivate it. Don't get too attached.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

They were all fixed. On my dime. However, new cats keep coming into the mix. Then by the time I caught it, they had kittens, then kittens show up... new cats, that maybe someone was dumping, I don't know. Tried to give some away to people willing, only was able to relocate a couple.

I thought about the "relocating" to a different area, but after reading some articles, PETA, in particular, it seems that this in itself is "cruel", and can land you in jail. They advocated humane euthanasia...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Except I can't afford it any longer. I have my own animals as well. They are destroying my garden, and yard, crapping all over, and the neighbors are getting pissed. Got into it several times. I fear that they will poison them or shoot them, which is even a worse death...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Perhaps you might consider moving a bit sooner?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Find a farmer. They love to have cats around as it keeps the critters away from the feed and other grain stuffs. Some farmers will take all the cats you can give them.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

There is several places here that pay for the spay/neuter operations. I simply had to get them in the cage trap they loaned me. maybe you could check and make sure there are no organizations helping with the cost for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

pityocamptes
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Except I can't afford it any longer. I have my own animals as well. They are destroying my garden, and yard, crapping all over, and the neighbors are getting pissed. Got into it several times. I fear that they will poison them or shoot them, which is even a worse death...

Well then, trap them, skin them, and cure them. Turn them into jerky and freeze them. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. You're going to need meat of some kind, and the only other alternative just may be your neighbors.

Oh, and don't tell your neighbors you have cat jerky.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Unfortunately, I think we are way beyond that at this point. As fast as I can get them fixed (did find a shelter that would do it free recently) more keep rolling in... I feel like Noah... but instead of water, its cats...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

How would I go about doing that? I'm in the city. Any ideas where to contact or post info on this? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I guess the conundrum with finding a farm is they run the chance of getting eaten by a predator, however, when I weight that against certain death at a shelter, or neighbors poisoning them, I guess it gives them a chance...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Well if you could try making a flyer or blog type thing if you are on Facebook for each cat and give a time restricted notice of when they will be going to shelter and possibly killed. See if anyone in the area bites.

If not then you have no choice. You could just try not feeding them anymore. They will stop showing up if there's no food. Just an idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I thought about the no feeding thing, will they go away, or cry and starve to death in my yard?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'll raise you one... Where ever you can do a difference do no harm, where you do harm to make a difference walk away and let God divide(devide).

I have been the father(adopted) of many felines, destruction is no different to them as to us.

I personally feel that a positive change is all we can strive for, I would bespeak an individual not to take life needlessly,.

There was A time in my early life where I was asked to end an animals life in mercy, and another for a person, both ended in an end I bear and I would wish that path on no one even though sometimes it's necessary.

Walk the smallest path, the one hidden and the only easy road.

Much love for you and yours on the journey that begins.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Get A Dog

2nd line.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Wildmanimal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

They will cry for about a week then scatter. Cats are actually pretty good at surviving and finding food even in urban situations.

I had to get after my girlfriend for feeding a street cat that had been coming around the house because I know of a large gang of them about a block away. Talk about a potential mess right there.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

How exactly would one skin a cat?

And, wow. A freezer full of cat jerky, yeah I probably wouldn't tell my neighbors about that either!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I contacted a farm out of the city. Hopefully, they get back to me, or have a network...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join