It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood behind 'terrorist' attacks: Egypt interior minister

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Of course you find a way to drag Israel into this.

We get it, you hate Israel, but no matter what your opinion is Israel is NOT a terrorist state or organization, unlike Al Qaeda

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
IbrahimSadek

.fyre.it... Lynch continues to show his disappointment that the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) seem to have met their demise. After the ouster of Mubarak, the MB won an election that may have been free but definitely not fair. Running a campaign loaded with religious claims using houses of worship to advance their political agenda (of inflated promises e.g.$200 Billion once elected!!) buying votes with meager supplies of sugar and cooking oil worked in a country with 30% illiteracy and almost 40% at or below the poverty line. Labeling political opponents as anti-Islam or worse, got them the votes they needed to run parliament, though performed rather poorly, still had the minimum cohesion as a group to field a candidate for the general election, barely winning in second round against a Mubarak era candidate and a fractured non-MB candidates. Mr. Morsi enjoyed a 70% popularity by August of 2012, soon after started to spiral down after a series of failures and broken promises, alienating most of the populace and focusing only on his MB base of support, and letting his leaders in the MB guidance council run the country from their headquarters. Culminating in his disastrous declaration to immune his decrees from legal oversight on November 22, he started facing the ascending wrath of every segment of society. The military leadership answered the calls of tens of millions who demanded early election as the only way to rid the country of this group taking the country down the road of civil strife particularly when they started to utilize their militias to suppress increasing popular dissent. The people in Egypt woke up quickly to the reality of a secretive transnational organization whose ambitions went far beyond the borders (they exist in 80 countries including the US) and hence, saved their nation and perhaps others from an organization whose ties to jihadi/takfiri terrorist groups including Alqaeda are becoming known more with every passing day.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Can we please stop using 'the Hood' to refer to the Muslim Brotherhood. You guys are making the situation in Egypt sound like an episode of Arrow.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Swills

Of course you find a way to drag Israel into this.

We get it, you hate Israel, but no matter what your opinion is Israel is NOT a terrorist state or organization, unlike Al Qaeda

Now that comment has made me laugh out very loudly.

There are numerous accounts of Israeli terrorism and if you are not aware of this I suggest you do a little research. Why doesn't Al Quaeda ever attack Israel?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

SpeachM1litant

Can we please stop using 'the Hood' to refer to the Muslim Brotherhood. You guys are making the situation in Egypt sound like an episode of Arrow.

I was being facetious, the OP started the whole 'Hood' reference.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Ill call them whatever I want to call them, & I'll refer to them as the 'hood for a few reasons, 1) it's way shorter than Muslim Brotherhood, 2) I have zero respect for them, & 3) They remind me of Hoodlums, based on their violent actions.

If you really find it offensive then don't come into this thread anymore.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Laugh all you want but I'm well aware of the hatred for Israel & their dark history, just as I'm well aware of England's dark history & Americas dark history. Not just history but present day wars, coflicts, regime topples, & drone strikes. If you think Israel is a terrorist state than you must also think the same of your own nation, no?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Sometimes a Coup can be a good thing, too. Not often, and perhaps even very rarely to be realistic about it. Still, just occasionally, it can have a downright positive outcome. Especially when it's in response to millions in the street demanding it above many millions more petitioning for it to be done.

Perhaps, at some point, our own nation will have come to that. Hard to say it...but it may be where it all ends up here too. A reset with help from the only ones actually capable of forcing one.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

So far everyone in this thread defends the 'Hood except for you.

The 'Hood did a great job of buying votes via charity means, like promising to feed the poor, voter intimidation, & accusations of voter fraud. Reminds me of Mubaraks "elections". For Egypt's supposed first "real" election it's no wonder voter turnout was low. They had to choose between the lesser of 2 Evils but it didn't take the Egyptian people long to wake up to the BS & once again return to the streets.
edit on 24-11-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Swills

Laugh all you want but I'm well aware of the hatred for Israel & their dark history, just as I'm well aware of England's dark history & Americas dark history. Not just history but present day wars, coflicts, regime topples, & drone strikes. If you think Israel is a terrorist state than you must also think the same of your own nation, no?

I am well aware of the history of my country thank you, but it appears you have a very rose tinted opinion of Israel. I am not a supporter of the Brotherhood, but the article relating to your thread pins all the blame for the troubles on the Brotherhood supporters, which considering it's the military isn't surprising.

The facts are the people were given the opportunity to vote, many chose not to and subsequently protested when their way of life was becoming predominantly more Islamic. It's the Muslim Brotherhood, it was always going to be the case that if they were elected, then they would introduce a more Islamic ideology.

The Egyptian people, very much like the rest of us, didn't really have much of a choice at the election, but the Brotherhood won a democratic vote and were quickly disposed of by the military. Sure it took people out on the streets protesting to get them on side, but as sure as eggs are eggs, the military didn't take long on making a decision to intervene and oust Morsi and the Brotherhood Government. There certainly was no love lost between the military and the Brotherhood, so they grasped the opportunity and are now in control.

Will it make Egypt a more stable country? I doubt it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join