It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death By China 2012 Documentary - Our Destiny In The Making

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Searched for this and could not find on ATS. Appologies if ive missed it.

Take a look at this

www.youtube.com...

I think this documentary reflects the deterioration of western industries and economies over the last 30 years. I have personally lived through the dessimation of manufacturing and mining industries in the UK although not as affected as many others, apart from when I was first made redundant as a young engineer in the early 80's. Then I returned to education and successfully pursued another career path.

Will China and/or Corps/Bankers be allowed to conitnue on this path?

Will Governments continue to enter into and honour existing trade agreements that are destroying western economies and jobs as well as increasing state debts? Will China continue to be allowed to manipulate currency or is it too late to stop them. Is it now cart blanche for them.

The ultimate question is what is the end game here? Where are we heading and is the destination already inevitable?

This planets got more issue that it can handle!

edit on 23-11-2013 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Here you go: Interesting @10:15 and all the political promises...

edit on 23-11-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite

The ultimate question is what is the end game here?

those who suck the most... wins .....no reference too monica lewinsky intended

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I haven't yet seen the documentary but I dislike the title, death is not because of China at all...

The issue started when US politicians (prodded by the international conglomerates decided to expand markets into China), this is why the WTO permitted China to enter and why the erosion is not simply on the on nations industrial capacity but on the social infrastructure. In place or requiring China and others to improve social conditions (and labor costs) the WTO permitted the reversal, a run for the bottom...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Panic2k11

I haven't yet seen the documentary but I dislike the title, death is not because of China at all...

The issue started when US politicians (prodded by the international conglomerates decided to expand markets into China), this is why the WTO permitted China to enter and why the erosion is not simply on the on nations industrial capacity but on the social infrastructure. In place or requiring China and others to improve social conditions (and labor costs) the WTO permitted the reversal, a run for the bottom...

Then you should watch it. "Death by China and the Corp Cabal" probably a more appropriate title.

Its interesting to note the lack of interest by ATS'ers. Particularly, US ones who go on about economic woes. This doc shows why the US is in a poo state right now!!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Ok I've finished watching it, most of it I already knew beforehand (and it is common sense for those that are informed). As a criticism to the documentary I would start by pointing that the first part (half of it) is mostly propagandistic and one sided, as an European I can clearly see that. China entrance in the WTO did not only affect the US it affected the previous world order of things, there are good points but they are dwarfed by the bad and even more the sad loss of an opportunity to not only permit China to grow, modernize and industrialize but to improve the living conditions of its citizens...

The more funny parts is about human rights and militaristic intentions of China as if the US had any stand to those subjects. Then there is the wrongly presented US debt issue, it is not only the result of US vs China trade deficit. The US has been living on the backs of the world for a long long time...

It also fails to make it clear that corporations and nations are not individuals, they are not ruled by the same moral considerations all nations work in self interests especially for their rulers and the specific set of interests that keeps them in power. China is less responsible for the present situation that the US is, but China did act smarter and ceased all opportunities legal and illegal to advance their goals. But it was up to the US to call out the illegal actions out, don't people find it strange that it failed to do that most of the time, well as strange as to permit China the opportunity to benefit in such a way for the "deal".

The second half goes more to the issues that the problem is the US social and economical policies that permitted China to get so good a deal in the WTO (note that most of this organizations are still, even if increasingly diminishing, under US control). SO the problem is clearly the US political system the lobby and campaign laws that create this crazy trade policy, without reforming those there is no way to right the ship. This was the result of short sighted capitalistic ideals and corporate globalization, it started with Nixon and under Clinton China sealed the deal.

One thing that I disliked is how it attempts to put the burden of fixing the problem in the citizen, the consumer (hence the need for the thick propaganda), I guess that the documentary is still oriented toward a working and fair democratic system, but does that system still exists ?

new topics

top topics

join