It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See your house and area 51 somewhat from via satellite for free thanks to google. Resolutions to1ft.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well I just went to the google main search engine page. They had an ad for a program called keyhole. It has a 7 day free trial no credit card needed. I downloaded it. I typed in my address and it stinking zoomed into where I live. I could actually see my housing complex. Not all areas are high resolution but I live on a military base so of course mine is.

I typed in new york new york and it went to a above view of the entire city it was stinking amazing. I zoomed all the way to street level and could see individual cars. Some cities have a resolution of up to 1 stinking foot! This is a must do but you gotta have a decent graphics card. Heres the link.

www.keyhole.com...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow that's incredible...and creepy...thanks though and good job!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Baghdad is one of the cities you can get high resolution images from. This is stinking awesome. I am checking out the city from the air.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Someone else maybe able to help me who has downloaded this program. Go to the baghdad part of the map. Then go to where the red baghdad mark is. Then south of the baghdad mark in the bend of the river you will see a white circle with three lines coming out of it. It is very very large. This is a building of some sort with a weird blue and red design on top of it.

Please can someone identify this alien looking building.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow thats the most detailed commericial satelite picture I have ever seen good deal I was able to see my parking spot in my School parking lot.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hoppin, I just might have to check this out.
Can I ask, how much RAM you have on your computer? If you have 128, has it slowed down your computer any?

cool find

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The program has the specs on the download page. I got a new laptop so mine is doing good. I think you mainly need a good graphics card. I got a ati radeon 9000 and it works great.

Please you all gotta try this. I just zoomed in on a baseball stadium in Los Angeles and I could actuall see the individual bases the pictures were so clear. These pics are that good. I also just zoomed into neyland stadium in my home town of knoxville. Its a football stadium and I can read the yardage makers. WoW

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
Someone else maybe able to help me who has downloaded this program. Go to the baghdad part of the map. Then go to where the red baghdad mark is. Then south of the baghdad mark in the bend of the river you will see a white circle with three lines coming out of it. It is very very large. This is a building of some sort with a weird blue and red design on top of it.

Please can someone identify this alien looking building.

I think it is the Unknown Soldier Monument. If you look really closely there is another small circle just above the larger one you refer to. The map I saw may be referring to just the smaller circle but don't think so. Think it means the two combined.

The Map I used:
hosted.ap.org...

Which I got to from:

www.caller2.com...
("Map of Baghdad" down left hand side of screen)

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah it is the Unknown Soldier Memorial Hoppinmad1. Go to

www.globalsecurity.org...

They have some good pics and description of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You can even check the opium routes through the "Golden Triangle" in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Awesome...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
not bad, but its obvious they spent most their time on the large cities, because the small towns and cities only have the roads and/or street names but no actual image of the buildings, which means they have mixed alot of old images and new ones to compile this program, I wish they used 1 satellite and covered the whole earth with that one satellite then sell their gps world map imager thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hey, have you checked out an aerial photo of Area 51 with that program? If you could zoom in to within 1 foot you would be able to get a very very detailed picture of Area 51. I don't know exactly where it is, but I think it is 50 miles north of Las Vegas. If you find the exact co-ordinates please post the pics for me.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Do you really think they are going to show you a high resolution of Area 51.
I mean I admit, stranger things have happened, but somehow I don't
thinks so.
Having said that, if someone proves me wrong I'll buy the beer.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I saw a program on TV where they used their own satellite and zoomed in to within 1km of the base.. so it has been done before. The pics on the show were amazing. I've never seen the base with that much detail ever before. I tried to install the keyhole program but I got this weird error and its not working

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wouldn't that product there be consider a spy program and starring at city's from space espinage?

I wouldn't be too keen of that product unless it been regulated by world goverments.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well, some time ago Nvidia made a program like that (don't know if it WAS Keyhole they made don't remember). But when you went to the place where Area51 should be the only thing you would see was sand :/ So they had modded the pictures ://

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thanks that building looked extremely weird. I couldn't figure out what it was. THis program is great though. Too bad it's free for only 20 days. Hopefully setting your computer clock back works.....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
:-(

The program is still not available for OSX

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
what are groom lakes coordinates?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
the wonders of modern technology........... sigh!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join