It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have a problem with Alex Jones ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If Alex Jones wasn't popular, then I don't think he would've been able to put on nearly 400K youtube subscribers in a little over a year.

I like Alex, his political satire is hilarious, and he's actually pretty passionate about what he does. I can't say I've seen many people like him, that's for sure. It's funny to watch some mainstream media news coverage, then go watch Alex Jones cover the same news.. I mean the difference is night and day.

Sure he can act like a nutter sometimes, but all in all, he is pretty informed, and doesn't mind sharing his knowledge. All I can say is, haters gonna hate. Mainly people hate on him for selling products through his show, but I ask.. how will the guy pay for all of his broadcasting equipment, pay his employees, fund trips, and all that other mumbo jumbo? And, I suppose people forget the fact that they aren't obligated to buy things he sells...
edit on 11/22/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think he has alot of integrity and like his rants at times. Reminds me of some of my great uncles and family "discussions", and is very human. He really gets upset over the issues, he's not some paid, homoginzed, regurgitated shill like so many in the media.

edit to add: he may also be inspiring us, not to just sit there and take it, get mad. Get some backbone. Get some bullhorns, every human on earth needs to have several bullhorns for all their "gatherings'. I loved seeing them duck and dodge.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

boncho
reply to post by randyvs

The guy is extremely intelligent, able to recall American history
off the tip of his tongue at great lenths. He's out there in the
streets ready to go to jail over the crap that's going on in this
country.

He has to be brave just to be out there at all as much as
some people hate him. Just right here in these boards there are
tons of examples. But you have a problem with this guy who from
all I can see, is fighting for us.

It's nice that he has you believing all that about him. That's just peachy.

just believe the government instead. That's just peachy.

Why would you do that? Why, when you are mad that one person is lying to you, you decide to believe someone else who is lying to you? (And as Wino pointed out, trying to sell you something)

Did people forget Alex Jones Lies thread.

You would think if you are unhappy with hidden agendas, unclear motives, exaggerations and blatant lies you would demand more transparency, or personalities disseminating news with honest intentions, yet instead, many gravitate to Alex Jones who is no better himself.

That is a fine bit of irony.

Isn't odd that the two most prolific CTers, the voice of the "alternative media" so to speak, is AJ and David Icke. One, a high strung gibberish screaming idiot, and the other, who believes everyone is a reptile from reticuli.

There are university professors, established government workers, respectable people down the line that speak on the same subject matter as the two (ok save most of the alien stuff) but they garner little attention as they are not over the top, do not play with hyperbole, and have a tendency to keep it far closer to reality.

Now, they are indeed scary because their words carry weight, but AJ and Icke, most can simply dismiss them because of their antics. And a hard look reveals much worse.

So again, I ask, if one person lies to you, that makes someone else's lies ok?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Its crazy how big alex jones cult following is, the people that defend him are the real sheep, they don't even try to research what he babbles about so they blindly follow him and believe the lies he says. The guy is a fear mongerer and makes a lot of money selling fear.

And don't bash me for saying the people that follow him are a cult, because if you disagree with him (even if you're right and have proof), they would all say you're wrong/a shill without even doing a little research just because he said its true.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

i got banned after asking questions about his y2k rant, made me wonder. i liked alex jones thought. i think he does some good

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The only people who have a problem with Alex Jones are people who don't want to hear or admit to the truth. Hes a sensationalist but hes not a liar. Hes definitely not lying about whats happening in Dallas right now because I'm seeing exactly what hes saying on Dallas news. They are arresting protesters, they called them conspiracy theorists on channel 4.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Pimpintology
The only people who have a problem with Alex Jones are people who don't want to hear or admit to the truth. Hes a sensationalist but hes not a liar. Hes definitely not lying about whats happening in Dallas right now because I'm seeing exactly what hes saying on Dallas news. They are arresting protesters, they called them conspiracy theorists on channel 4.

This is exactly what I was talking about. They just believe anything that comes out of his mouth. He lies, and he stretches the truth a lot. The only people who defend aj are people who don't want to hear or admit to the truth.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Actually they blocked off like another several blocks out and barricaded them into a "free speech zone" today. However yesterday morning channel 4 as I was waking up they called them conspiracy theorists and said they would be arrested and removed. Today they changed that to if you even get close to the event they will arrest you. The guys also not desperate for viewers they just crashed Ustream with over 1 million viewers. They shut the channel down due to bandwidth.

Just wanted to clarify that today they backed down but channel 4 reported exactly what he was saying yesterday morning. I live here so I know. Thought I was gonna have to drive down there and support the guy but they left him alone. They are supposed to let them in to do a 20 minute protest after the event but they are still not letting them in and they are standing outside in freezing rain while the cops just stare at them and tell them they can't go in. JFK didn't stand for this garbage and wouldn't like them suppressing free speech.

edit on 22-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's nice that you think Alex fights for 'us'. What he really is a distraction from more important issues. As long as he keeps putting his profits, above the information he provides, he's not worth a damn thing to me.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Alex Jones is RAGING right now, the cops told the protestors the could go into the blocked area but then cops came in and started assaulting them! AJ got punched and a little girl almost got knocked off her dads shoulder!

Are you people seeing this!?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

im with you OP i dont get why people slate him, or Russel Brand, or Ron or Rand Paul or any of the people who are doing what needs to be done and saying what needs to be said.

fair enough AJ is a little wacky. You could chuckle at his methods but not his message.

These people are arguing for our rights they are doing what we all sit here on ATS and say needs to be done. The very people who slate these guys are the same people who are saying we need to stand up to the corruption in other threads. So it baffles me

I can only think they are either blind ignorant beyond any hope, pro current government or jealous that these people are out there doing what they would like to be doing themselves.

its crazy...but thankfully i believe they are the minority

Well said and I don't see the trade off either. People make mistakes but
if they refuse to continue making them. Then why hold the past up and
demoniize them with it. When they are trying to do what's right and make
up for their mistakes now ?

Good post.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

LINK ! Give us a link !

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by randyvs

It's nice that you think Alex fights for 'us'. What he really is a distraction from more important issues. As long as he keeps putting his profits, above the information he provides, he's not worth a damn thing to me.

~Tenth

Heh.. I knew I liked you Gargamel.. I mean 2the10th.
Its like no one ever looks anywhere other than the surface. Controlled opposition is an unknown concept...to some. Lenin said it best : "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."

Besides, a guy who has to seek permission and stand in a free speech zone.. and create a scene.. is looking for ( TA-DAA) A SCENE. A scene he can manipulate into appearing to be a freedom fighter.. for YOU... funny, that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I was just there myself. Was really awesome marching with Alex Jones and his InfoWars crew.
Alex got punched in the stomach and I understand some black kid got knocked down by one of the cops.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Alxandro

I was just there myself. Was really awesome marching with Alex Jones and his InfoWars crew.
Alex got punched in the stomach and I understand some black kid got knocked down by one of the cops.

That's insane man, he was going berserk! Yelling at them 'you efiing cowards'

I wish that I could have been there to see it all with my own eyes.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

randyvs

LINK ! Give us a link !

Sorry ranyvs, didn't see this reply till just now.

Link right here:

www.infowars.com...

He also has a stream up on

ustream.tv...

Here is a link to a youtube vid:

www.youtube.com...

edit on Cpm3Friday2120135730Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:21:57 -06002013 by CagliostroTheGreat because: ETA

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So does PETA.

Doesn't mean that people have to like them.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Advantage
Im old enough to recall and have been listening to AJ during the Y2K series of LIES he put out there as truth.. thoroughly freaking out many and turning many away from what he claims he is trying to bring people to. I may be old, but I dont forget.

Dont be all weird and shriek about who put this on youtube... listen to alex's words themselves.. the LIES.. coming from his mouth.. broadcast to the public. No blood was in the streets and all of that nonsense.

This is why I dont believe one word this guy says and question his motives.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

That's just one of many examples that are out there - *search Alex Jones + predictions* if you listen to him long enough he loses all credibility due to the constant warnings that never come to pass.. you come to see him as a VERY charismatic fear monger/ entertainer that makes people feel they are a part of an "awakened" club of 'patriots'.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

nixie_nox
reply to post by randyvs

So does PETA.

Doesn't mean that people have to like them.

...and liking something that someone else doesnt like.. or vice versa.. doesnt necessarily mean you dont like the other person.
I mean take you for example..a Dr Seuss fetishist and I still like you. MUHAHA!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingersoup

Agreed. I was just telling OP the moment I personally disregarded Jones. That was the moment. Dec. 1999

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join