It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-Afghan “Breakthrough”: Troops Stay 10 More Years if Obama Apologizes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Saw this yesterday actually, it was just as nauseating then as it is today. While the US apparently has a 2014 deadline to leave Afghanistan we are fighting / negotiating behind the scenes to be allowed to remain for years or even a decade afterward.

All Obama has to do is apologize to Karzai for the civilians we're responsible for killing in the past 12 years. I think I have a better idea, we pull all our troops out by the end of 2014 AND on the way out Obama apologizes to Karzai for all the dead civilians.

Maybe I'm just slow but why are we even in Afghanistan? Is it for the poppy crops? The natural gas and oil? So we can drone bomb warlords in disputed territories and hard to get places? At least in Iraq we had (non-existent) WMD's. 10 more years? God save us.

Troops Stay 10 More Years and Allowed to Raid Afghan Homes if Obama Apologizes

Just say you’re sorry. That’s all it will take for the United States to keep its military presence in Afghanistan beyond 2014—for up to another 10 years, in fact, according to Afghan officials.

After months of negotiations between Washington and Kabul, Afghanistan’s top leader, President Hamid Karzai, reportedly signaled to the U.S. that he would support a continuation of the American military mission in his country beyond next year, and even accept U.S. Special Forces raiding private homes.

But Karzai wanted something first: a letter from President Barack Obama apologizing for the harm that U.S. forces have brought on Afghan civilians over the past 12 years.

Seriously, if any veterans in or from Afghanistan can explain why we're over there in the first place, still there and why we would want to stay 10 more years it would be greatly appreciated.

Draft PDF Doc

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Growing and importing the end product of the poppy plant is a very profitable business for the CIA and the bankers!

Where you been my friend?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

*Sigh, I know. Guess I was holding onto that slim rainbow thread of hope that someone with experience from over there could give me some first hand information. I'd really like to hear from some vets with time on the ground over there.

And you know where I've been same place as I was before.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
From my undertsanding they found a huge stash of rare earths there. Though this was post invasion so doesnt explain why anyone went there in the first place.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

yup,,

CCR

lIPan-rEQJA

# never changes,, generation after generation,, trying,, tring,, too

stop the rain.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yea, I do recall a LARGE LITHIUM deposit being found, but you and I and everyone else knows the money that is being made off of illegal drug smuggling that is sanctioned by government "Black Ops" (CIA)!

Hillary Clinton actually slipped up and said at one point that, "Drugs will never be legalized, because there is too much money to be made.".

Freudian slip perhaps?

edit on 21-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

From my undertsanding they found a huge stash of rare earths there. Though this was post invasion so doesnt explain why anyone went there in the first place.

Yeah. See I can understand that, troops storm in and go "Hey, look at all these fields", CIA goes, "Hey, free money."

So was it all planned from the start that way? They must have known about the rare earths or at least suspected. Then the fields for extra cash.
edit on 990pm5757pm42013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Lets be honest, the US is never leaving.

Our benevolent dictators and their money hungry handlers view Afghanistan as a literal gold mine.

Both the Russians and Americans invaded Afghanistan for the same reasons: the trans-afghan pipeline, opium profits, lithium and natural gas reserves.

The only difference being that when the US backed Taliban and "foreign fighters" were resisting the Russian invaders, we called them freedom fighters.

Now that they are resisting our invasion, we call them terrorists and insurgents.

See how that works?

edit on 21-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by seeker1963

*Sigh, I know. Guess I was holding onto that slim rainbow thread of hope that someone with experience from over there could give me some first hand information. I'd really like to hear from some vets with time on the ground over there.

And you know where I've been same place as I was before.

Thing is, those who work and have worked in Afghanistan would not be able to tell you anymore 'why' than you or I. They are just working a job and you know only too well that the corridors of political power can only answer your question.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Thing is, those who work and have worked in Afghanistan would not be able to tell you anymore 'why' than you or I. They are just working a job and you know only too well that the corridors of political power can only answer your question.

True but the front-line usually get the "official" canned reasons for what they're doing.
    "We're staying ten more years troops because we need to train Karsai's army, etc, etc."

That'll be the new excuse I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Poppies, the pipelines, the vein of lithium, the strategic location… the list goes on and on. I'm sure they just want a few bases there like they have all over in other regions in ME.

If you look at US military bases around the world it rivals the old Roman Empire. There is a reason for wanting to stay behind and it sure as hell isn't training afghanis.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

All Obama has to do is apologize to Karzai for the civilians we're responsible for killing in the past 12 years.

As Obama the president of the United States is just as much of a civilian as I am. I feel I can speak with just as much merit as he does.
--------------------------------
To Mr. Karzai .

I apologize for all of the killings of the civilians in Afghanistan by my military and my hired security employees. We were wrong, and we beg for forgiveness. I hope you accept this apology for I am in total debt to our wrongdoings against Afghanistan. If you can find forgiveness in my admission to these wrongdoings I would be forever grateful .

Your fellow global human, a civilian in the United States.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you're going to go to war, you go all the way. There is no half measure, not if you want victory. It's ruthless, and it's ugly.

If we were actually serious about doing something to Afghanistan, we'd level it and make it glow and call it a day. That we haven't done that suggests that there is a more nefarious purpose to our presence. We're rent seeking or something. Even the Roman Empire would at least do its best to subdue a place which we surely haven't done.

If we aren't going to put it into submission, it's time to move on no matter what treasures we think are buried there. We've wasted enough blood, sweat, and tears on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone will notice another Broken Obama Campaign Promise --

President Barack Obama’s credibility, stretched thin by the broken promise of Obamacare, may soon face another difficult test: explaining how his promise to end the war in Afghanistan squares with leaving thousands of U.S. and NATO troops there.

Obama hammered away at Republican rival Mitt Romney on the issue last year, saying the former Massachusetts governor had no timetable for bringing Americans home from the country’s longest war.

“We are bringing our troops home from Afghanistan. And I've set a timetable. We will have them all out of there by 2014,” Obama said in Boulder, Colo., in September 2012. “Gov. Romney doesn't have a timetable. I think he's wrong. That's what's at stake in this election.”

news.yahoo.com...

I'm going to watch MSNBC - I'm sure they'll cover it.

Makes you think the guy just said stuff to get elected....

edit on 21-11-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Well what can we say? For those of us who believe he never tells the truth about (pretty much) anything we are never disappointed. The guy is a total lying bag of you know what.

So after MSNBC gets done with their in depth analysis of the issue you'll be back to give us an update right?

My main concern beyond the issues in Afghanistan is that our troops have been on multiple deployments for way too long. There's never been this type of continued re-deployment of our soldiers that I recall. Can't be good for anyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

crazyewok

for some reason im thinking its lithium that will be used in batteries..i will look for the info but i think it is very high grade and lithium battery technology is pretty much where it at

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Great thread. Great replies.

Unfortunately, our military continues it's roll on for 'freedom.' Recruiters glanourizing the military life to impressionable kids with free college ("free"), advanced training, survival experience; and to think these people are the ones 'defending the constitution.'

They're fighting politicians wars, bankers wars. Young men dieing for the dreams of greedy sociopaths. And to think, that talk of this sort to most people would be deemed unpatriotic or at the very least weird and/or crazy, yet bombing, invading, and occupating third world nations while draining resources and killing the indigenous population is 'okay.'

What makes it okay, you may ask? The fact that no one questions it. The fact that this cog of human death for profit, and an unfair one at that, system has continued to work is mind-boggling.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that what we are it isn't war, it's domination. People are going to defend it and justify it in sick, subjective, twisted ways but the future we're creating is unsustainable.

And if this does continue, then truly, God bless America. Because we have sins to pay for our apathy that lets this madness continue.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
In about 4 years women will be in it too..

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here's an update:

Kabul (AFP) - Afghanistan on Friday rebuffed a US demand to sign a highly anticipated security pact as soon as possible, insisting the document must wait until after next year's presidential election.

Washington warned Kabul on Thursday to sign the Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA) as soon as possible, with senior officials hinting that delaying beyond the end of this year could mean no post-2014 US troop presence.
Yahoo News

So if Karsai refuses to sign this then what? We declare them terrorist too and re-invade. As noted in previous posts, we're probably not just going to give this up.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Occupation, need I say more..
another failed promise by his majesty
compensated by more arms and legs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join