It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just profiled and shake down Buy undercover Sheriff deputy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

midnightstar
humm ok the gray area? well wile I admite this event didnt esculate to the lvs that get CNN its just another excamply of how .Power corrupts and total corrputs totaly.

I don't think power corrupts, at all. If someone is innately good/just/moral/kind, and they get power over whatever, it would not turn them into a dick. No

This line comes form someone living in a world where power always winds up in the hands of people or bodies of people with their own goals and agenda, something that ALWAYS negatively fluctuates with the needs of the people. This world has been shaped so twistedly that in order to get ahead, and stay ahead, especially in a position of power, you really must withhold all traces of good unless it's for a use to advance or consolidate power.

There are many on this earth who will do wonderful things for all if given power, but being that greed, selfishness and violence has seeped into the very foundations of governing bodies, especially by the forceful or covert corruption of other governing bodies that would have been otherwise good and just by evil ones, then the people who will do good with power do not stand a chance.

I never, ever bought this whole power corrupts thing, period. Give me some damn power, everybody will live me.

Oh yeah, sorry about the cops demanding your ID. Pretty soon in order to walk around outside, we must carry papers or something. I'm counting on it. Cops will demand ID from you just to reassure themselves that they can do whatever.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

I travel through some shady and over-policed areas on my way to and from work every day. I have noticed in the last two years a MUCH more common occurrence of multiple police vehicles with lights flashing and officers in a group literally surrounding and "shaking down" pedestrians and bicyclists. It has all the appearance of Gang activity and bullying to me as I pass by.

There must have been a change in protocol recently, as the pedestrians are very much on the radar now. Oh I failed to mention that the shaken down are almost universally the poorest and hungriest looking. They seem to be taking the whole profiling thing to an entirely different level. This stretch of road is in Spanaway Washington, but I am sure there are a lot of other poverty stricken areas where this is even more prevalent.

I always say a little prayer that I do not break down while on this stretch of road. I don't need that kind of interaction with our local "peace officers." They don't look too peaceful to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I really don't understand the American Issue with identifying yourself???

If approached by an officer of the law, presented with " we are looking for someone who fits your description." I'd be pig # happy to hand over my ID, tell them what I'm up to, if I've seen anything to prove I didn't do anything. It sure beats getting tackled face first into the ground out of the blue with no warning, being detained, then having my ID checked to simply get sorry we thought you were the wrong guy.

If you'd rather say, "Am I being detained? " Them assuming you are asking because you may be the guy they are looking for. You thinking you're some golden chalice of liberty stand your ground and insist you are innocent as they smash your face into the concrete and throw their cuffs on you before you think you should maybe identify yourself.

Just seems a little weird to me, I'm all for my privacy but me and everyone else Named Brad aren't something special. I could care less who knows my name.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Hijinx

I really don't understand the American Issue with identifying yourself???

If approached by an officer of the law, presented with " we are looking for someone who fits your description." I'd be pig # happy to hand over my ID, tell them what I'm up to, if I've seen anything to prove I didn't do anything. It sure beats getting tackled face first into the ground out of the blue with no warning, being detained, then having my ID checked to simply get sorry we thought you were the wrong guy.

If you'd rather say, "Am I being detained? " Them assuming you are asking because you may be the guy they are looking for. You thinking you're some golden chalice of liberty stand your ground and insist you are innocent as they smash your face into the concrete and throw their cuffs on you before you think you should maybe identify yourself.

Just seems a little weird to me, I'm all for my privacy but me and everyone else Named Brad aren't something special. I could care less who knows my name.

I am kind of in the same thought as you, and I am an American. Grew up in a small town, at 16 all of the local cops knew who I was. When I am legal and get pulled, they get my ID, and registration, and insurance. I am not sure where giving cops crap gives you cred, but it is kind of sad state. Pedestrians I feel differently about, but they pull me in my car, I just want to get out of there. Will add, I have stepped out of my car to guns drawn, at 17, but the problem was quickly solved, and I was on my way home.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's a tough call. If polite and truly searching for a public safety hazard I don't think most would take offense or think bad of it. I imagine most would get on the defense if told to comply but if only asked - no harm done. If it helps them do their job and if I truly resembled the culprit why not rule that out.

Running the ID - I would take offense to that even though nothing to hide. In fact, I would likely say something as they are then holding me up. When they did that they were creating a situation of making you a potential arrest victim. What if you had unpaid parking tickets, and didn't remember? They arrest you and you were just trying to help them out. That is where the problem lies with this story IMO.
I would say something to someone about this in your area - the paper maybe (stay anonymous). Next time you want to be a good citizen and help out think twice because these guys don't stop at your altruism. Is there even a what to cooperate without them taking it further? Maybe saying, I'm heading into this store and straight back home so if you want to follow me in your can look at my ID as I hand it to the clerk but them I'm leaving.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Not entirely the same thing but have you ever gone to the store and thought you found an item on sale, to then ask a clerk if it was the item on sale, only to go to the check out and find out it's more money than you thought?

Similar with the cops, They are looking for said offender, you look like the offender but they have to check to be sure. Running an ID is pretty much standard procedure in many area's they are doing so for a number of reasons. Identity theft is huge, so are fake credentials, running them through the system at any opportunity may help them catch and eliminate some of these issues. As well, perhaps the person they happened to bump into has a warrant out. It is impossible for the police to know every single individual who has an outstanding crime in their name. A quick swipe of the ID may be the difference between a wanted felon walking free, or catching a warrant.

It doesn't take an officer long to check you out and send you on their way. It's their job, they have to do this every single day, and likely you don't interact with them every single day. It's just as much up to us as it is to them to make our interactions better than they tend to be. There is no reason for a law abiding citizen to make the situation difficult same as it is up to the officer to make the situation the best it can be.

There will always be assholes on both sides of the system, why add more to the pot.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well matching the description of a suspect provides an officer reasonable suspicion and can legally detain you for a reasonable amount of time to verify that you are, or are not the suspect. It is not profiling. So you weren't "shaken down."

When checking out with somebody that matches the description of a suspect it is standard protocol to perform a wants and warrants check on them. One of the main reasons we do that is because if you are not the suspect the ID check is logged in the call history.

What does that mean for you? Well when another officer that wasn't present when you were originally stopped approaches you (like later in the day), you can tell them that your ID was already checked. That officer can then call dispatch and verify that information and in seconds you can be on your way.

So I fail to see how this is any evidence of a police state.
edit on 22-11-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree if looking like a wanteed person I have no problem with them puling up and asking for my ID .
Now at that point is when I feel they invaded my privicy .Once see MY ID read that again slowly if you must .MY legal STATE ID With MY photo on it .And in no way shape or form can this ID be thought of as stolen As you can clearly see my face and name on this ID and In no way does this name match the name of the wanted person.
But Maybe the offcer asking Did I already Run you ment he would have just confirmed .But even still it would meen my privicy was invaded with NO PROBIAL cause as no matter when they first ran My ID seeing I was NOT this person and then running my ID anyway In the hopes of what adding another bust to there day with my random ID check?
Once when I broke up a fight between a older teen and a young preteen boy whom he was beating I was heald in lock up over night as this accured at 6 pm.
The next moring brought befor a moniter and a Judge asking If I have a record (me saying No I have no record and HIm getting This SHOCKED look saying Your not lieing to me are you??
now understand no charges were file and I took no offence in being in lock up over night But Being ASSUMED a Crimial ?? YES THIS OFFENDS ME why no 48 year old man can posibly ever have a clean record we all must be some kind of Crimial .This is how men are treated here In teh land of guilt untill proven not .
You say you dont MIND BEING ASSUMED a Crimial ? This and only this can be ther reasion for a random ID check with them even having a name thats not on your ID They are assuming you must have a record and must surly be a crimial and all must be by that judges look.
You keep your road point checks ((papers please )) in 1940 germany If this is what you advacate then move to russia I hear its still ran like this.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

midnightstar
wow what planet are you people from anyway ? Just walk away hu? your rights?? Bet none who are wrighting this have the conhiones to do just that .
If I had just walked away as you say I could I can assure you i would be in Jail right this very moment .
Your freedom is a alousion . But hey go ahead try just walking away and learn for your self .

Every time they stop a citizen and violate their rights with no challenge to their actions we inch closer to a complete totalitarian state in which we have no rights left to fall back on. Every constitutional right is equally important. Divided they fall, for if one is cast away it becomes easier to cast the next...and the next...

In reality, it is our duty to (carefully) challenge unlawful authority. Get arrested if needs be. The courts sort it out, and civil lawsuits cost the local government money. THAT is the surest way to effect change in America. Hit someone's pocketbook.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

In this case I think you are right, but the unfortunate truth is that the authority to check ID in appropriate situations has been abused widely, and people react with a blanket sentiment about the interaction being a violation of their rights or privacy.

Take the vet in TX who was arrested for walking with his son on a country road with an AR rifle in plain view. Those Sheriffs flat out said what they considered their authority entailed...and it was decidedly beyond the scope of reasonable search and seizure.
The officer, without warning nor provocation to do so attempted to disarm the guy. He clearly put his hand on the butt(stock) of the rifle to hold onto it. Clearly an intentional gesture to convey a nonthreatening resistance. It was met with an immediate threat of lethal force, handcuffs, and a trip to county.

All that drama, potential violence to an innocent civilian and cost to taxpayers...solely because law enforcers overstepped their authority.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You looking like a felon is probable cause. If a description of a criminal is out, they have the right to stop and ask people who look like them to identify themselves.

Be happy they don't just tackle and arrest you. We are not as unique as we like to think. Plenty of people look a lot alike these days, and guess what STATE ISSUED ID'S CAN BE FORGERIES!!!

Just because you know yours is real, does not mean the officer knows it's real. Try this, next time it happens (which will likely be a while from now.) Co-operate, be friendly give them your ID to be checked when asked, let them do their back check, thank the officer and tell them to have a nice day. I bet you'll be surprised at how good it feels to treat another human being with some respect. Your rights are not infringed by identifying yourself.

The officer likely wants to get the interaction done as quickly as you do, so just take a minute and think about how much time you waste on sites like this, facebook, twitter, email, television, video games and think of how short the interaction with the officer was in comparison. Did you really lose anything by taking 15 minutes to be a human being, in a social world where there are people out trying to do a job to help maintain the pleasures you enjoy in life?

Sure, it's kind of neat to think of a world where you are completely in control of everything you do day to day, but when you think every other person would have that opportunity themselves, you may get shot trying to buy a loaf of bread someone else wanted and that would just be that. No body wants to live in a world like that. I know this is an extreme thought, but that cop isn't harassing you, he is doing his job, so he can pay his bills, support his family, eat, and try to protect you and everyone else in the process.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal here.

All they did was run your ID and they approached you to see if you were the guy, its common for the criminal to bolt so they aren't going to wait in the car when they have someone fitting that description.

They didn't tazer you or cuff you so what is really the problem? Sure you could have refused to show ID and made a big scene about it but why?

The cops have a tough enough job without people being problematic for no reason. For all you know they were looking for a guy that just molested a little girl or something.

Why not try helping them out a little instead of assuming they are always "out to get you."

Tell them you've been riding around all day and seen lots of people, maybe you've seen something that would help them catch the guy. Why not ask?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The new America.
Public outcries from people who cannot write and do not appear to have a basic understanding of the United States Constitution or the laws of the land.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Bassago

The new america

This pretty much answers everything you talked about. This is the:

"Papers please!"
    Traffic checkpoints
    Militarized police forces
    TSA groping brownshirts
    Surveillance and much, much more

Welcome to the new Nazi Germany. While we haven't begun hauling specific ethnic groups off the streets to the camps yet we do disappear lots of innocent people into the prison industrial complex for free labor. You're lucky it wasn't you. All it takes is one wrong word and a cop having a bad day.

free labor? When you go to prison you dont do ANY labor, unless you WANT to. And if you do want to, then you sign up, you get paid. You get paid almost nothing, but you still ask for it. They dont force it on you. Ive had acquaintances go to prison. Some short term, some a couple years and a few for life. To be honest, I think they should force labor though. I also think they should force labor on welfare recipients if youve been in the welfare program for more than a couple years.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

evc1shop

g146541

With the automatic spellchecker how do you get so many spelling errors?
Are you really a living breathing person?
These problems make your story unbelievable to me.

Spellcheck errors, well maybe MidnightStar has been typing into notepad or some other editor and pasting.

What's more important here is that the officer's may not have actually been looking for that particular person. They might have wanted to know who the OP was for some particular reason and in this case it is far easier to make up some BS name knowing full well the OP would not be that person. So, officer asks OP are you John Doe? OP believes that it is not him they want so eagerly produces his ID card to avoid further police actions. See how easy it is to get ID information in a non confronting manner? Seems like a police tactic to collect info without raising much suspicion.

I wonder what would have happened if the OP asked if the officers could simultaneously describe the person they were seeking, I bet they wouldn't have had identical or nearly identical descriptions.

The ability to freely walk the streets you pay taxes to maintain (I know, the irony there) is being eroded every day .

This is the "new America" where people cannot spell simple words. Oh it looks great from here on out people. How can you know your rights when you cant even spell (or more importantly read) correctly. Worried about being "profiled" when people dont even know what it means.......

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You're lucky they didn't kill you. That's what cops do these days, kill first ask questions later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join