It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vinci's Bizarre Invention, "Viola Organista", Recreated And Played In Concert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A strange and beautiful instrument from the mind of the great artist and inventor Leonardo Da Vinci recently had its moment in the spotlight after a pianist reconstructed the contraption and premiered it in Poland.

Polish musician Slawomir Zubrzycki attempted to stay fairly faithful to Da Vinci's original sketches of the ‘‘viola organista,’’ which the ingenius Renaissance artist included in his 12-volume collection of manuscripts, Codex Atlanticus, reports the Agence France-Presse.

Speaking to a rapt audience at the Academy of Music in Krakow, Poland, this October, Zubrzycki noted that the invention is something of a musical hybrid.

"This instrument has the characteristics of three we know: the harpsichord, the organ and the viola da gamba," he said, per the AFP. "I have no idea what Leonardo Da Vinci might think of the instrument I’ve made, but I’d hope he’d be pleased."

www.huffingtonpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">huffpo

just read about this and thought some here might be interested in the story. Da Vinci designed all kinds of things from war machines to musical instruments. this one never actually existed until now. 5000 hours of build time and about $10,000 later, here it is in concert! sounds like an entire string orchestra all by itself! enjoy!

edit on 20-11-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Urantia1111
this one never actually existed until now.

To be more exact, Zubrzycki simply doesnt like the ones that Akio Obuchiu has already made.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
it would have been nice to see a close up of it being played, the internal of it
Da Vinci was an amazing man, inventor extraordinaire
Can you imagine if he was around today? With all the latest technology he could probably build a time machine.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join