It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widow Sleeps With Dead Husband's Decomposing Corpse For A Year After His Death (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I came across the news article today of a lady in Belgium, who slept with her dead husbands corpse for over a year after his death.....

There are some pretty graphic images, so I didn't want to post them for all to see, I thought it best for you to make up your own mind of whether you wanted to see them or not by clicking on the link...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A woman had been sleeping next to her dead husband's decomposed corpse for one year until authorities made the grisly discovery this week.

Apparently, 79-year-old "Marcel H." from Liege, Belgium, died back in November 2012 of an asthma attack, according to Carters News Agency. His wife was so upset that she failed to report the death and continued to sleep with the body until Belgian authorities made the bizarre finding on Tuesday, Nov. 19.

They were led to the apartment because the landlord claimed the couple hadn't paid their rent since last year. Neighbours never reported a bad smell. The body had mummified.....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sounds like William Faulkner's story, A Rose for Emily.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
She propably didn´t understand a situation..alzheimer's propably. We can only hope that we keep our sanity and good thinking when we get old, also hopefully our offspring check up on us every now and then..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

dollukka
She propably didn´t understand a situation..alzheimer's propably. We can only hope that we keep our sanity and good thinking when we get old, also hopefully our offspring check up on us every now and then..

disagree totally,Alzheimer's i don,t see for this,when people are together for so long they refuse to accept the other person has gone,to me its just a case of the other half refusing to let go.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Humans are disgusting.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Got to admit the pictures look nothing like I expected.
I expected maggots, flies and all the things tat you think of when thinking of rotting meat,
either she cleaned up or all isn't as it seems.

It's a sad story and if I lose my partner I hope I don't lose my mind too.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
[British accent]

Stockholm syndrome obviously, my dear peeps.

no matter how much of a rotter he was,
she could not bring herself to leave him.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is so heart breaking.I love my husband with all of my heart,I couldn't imagine keeping him that close after death.Its till death do you part.I think that's were i would have to draw the line .But in the same sense ive never been in that situation so im not sure how i would react.I dont want to live life with out him,and that means LIVING.My heart goes out to her and her family.

(post by weirdguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

He must of love him a lot and couldn't let go.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I think its quite sweet, even the words "Till death do us part" couldn't separate them..

I just hope the widow is mentally stable..

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think she needs to change the sheets.......

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

weirdguy

iamhobo
snip

snip

Annnnnnd..... You went there. You literally made me laughed out loud.

Poor thing, there must have been some mental health issues, cause there's just no way a person of sound mind could this. I hope the she's okay and the body put to rest.
edit on 21-11-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The really sad part is that there were no family nor friends that noticed the mans passing and the widows struggles. Forgotten elderly... so common these days and so sad.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

wow lol. that's grotesque..talk about undying love
how was the huffington post able to release those pics tho? its a rotted corpse... mind you they DID censor whats left of his face *yay HP*
but what about the too graphic for public photos of sandy hook/benghazi/bin laden

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Follow the link on Drudge. You get the whole shebang. He was balding and had a white mustache.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Full pic, because the UK is adult about these things: m.huffpost.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Restricted
Full pic, because the UK is adult about these things: m.huffpost.com...

I had to look. Don't know why, just had to do it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is a sad story all around.
The shock of a loved partner dying ...
Physical and/or mental health issues of the survivor ...
The physical and mental health issues that older folks have to deal with ....
My heart goes out to the poor woman ....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join