It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology today is an absolute DISGRACE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Your well-reasoned retorts may indeed be true;
however as Arthur C. Clarke Said,
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

I think that we will both meet in the middle some day.

I'm not sure you know this, but I don't believe in the
supernatural. I only believe in the supranatural, or
as I say it, "Yah, creepy crawley occult stuff exists..
but it's all particle physics; we just don't understand
it yet".

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So if we can get back to the basics and ask this question,

Why, with this billions of camera phones on earth...
and with all these good retro cases like phoenix lights, roswell, rendlesham forest heck even chicago o`haire airport... is there NOTHING besides for hear say and testiominies

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

Intelligent plasmas that move ftl and can assume any form dont photograph easily. But don't take that to mean that I think aliens and ufos are common. Not at all. 90% of this ufo stuff is pure delusion and misperception and miss identification of military prototyoes.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Intelligent plasmas that move ftl and can assume any form dont photograph easily.

intelligent?

ftl?

where do you come up with all that?

and why do you think that plasmas are not being photographed?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

mlifeoutthere
So if we can get back to the basics and ask this question,

Why, with this billions of camera phones on earth...
and with all these good retro cases like phoenix lights, roswell, rendlesham forest heck even chicago o`haire airport... is there NOTHING besides for hear say and testiominies

Good UFO photos have always been extremely rare. In the last century, millions of people carried around inexpensive but surprisingly good quality Kodak Brownie cameras or something similar to take pictures of their families or whatever. There were also fewer people around, and more people in rural areas, so if something unusual like a flying saucer popped up, it was easier to recognize. No skies filled with flying junk, now including drones. No satellites. No battery-operated LED helicopters.

It's not that there aren't still the same number of flying saucers out there in the woods. Maybe there are. But increasing the number of crappy cell phone cameras among people living in crowded cities hasn't really increased the number of opportunities for people to get good photos of unusual things in out-of-the-way places. It just floods the Internet with lousy photos that make us all tired and discouraged.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Im pretty much like you although I havent given into total pessimism. I find myself just not bothering with the subject all that much now since so much of it is total bollocks these days (A simple glance at this forum is enough, apart from the odd jewel or a post from Karl12), I mean everyones entitled to an opinion and can voice it but really, the inmates are starting to run the asylum around here.

Must admit, does seem the well of sightings has gone pretty dry recently though.

I think they are infact happening, they are just being so damn drowned out by all the rubbish, and who wants to talk about a boring UFO photo or vid or just flat out witness testimony when its more fun to wax lyrical about red rocks on mars, spiritual sky creatures, plasma entities, interdimensional demons and angel aliens, 5th 3rd 10th gazzilianth density manifolds of wonderful chocolate ice-cream and stuff, love light and namaste, ea-rth crap et el...

Oh for the mid 90's now that was a time of high adventure in the UFO field, Pheonix Lights, the mass sightings in Mexico etc

That being said, its also alot of the other types of fields like cryptozoology are also seeming drying up, hasnt been anything significant in years (although sightings are still reported regularly on places like the BFFRO they just arent "I shot a big foot and its in my cooler" crowd catching)

Blue Shift

It's not that there aren't still the same number of flying saucers out there in the woods. Maybe there are. But increasing the number of crappy cell phone cameras among people living in crowded cities hasn't really increased the number of opportunities for people to get good photos of unusual things in out-of-the-way places. It just floods the Internet with lousy photos that make us all tired and discouraged.

Might be more cameras per capita, thing is... everyones to busy looking down at their phones to look up
... maybe thats the whole point of such devices *shifty eyes*

edit on 21-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: I stuffed up my quote-fu

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You do recognize that if this subject is real then a cover-up is going on, right?

When the late NASA astronaut Gordon Cooper claimed to have sent off a legitimate film of a UFO that had landed in a dry lake bed to a military institution and that film has not been made public there are only two conclusions to be made from such a statement. Either Cooper was lying or the military covered up the film.

Draw your own conclusions.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
You chose the worst of the worst, scammers and hoaxers. Alex Collier? Greer? Project Camelot?

Any "serious" UFOlogist will shudder hearing any of those names.

There ARE good UFO books and UFO researchers out there. You also don't go into a video store and try to find a "good movie" at the bottom of the "on sale" junk bin with the movies for $0.99. The above are pretty much the equivalent in terms of UFOlogy.

What if the worst are actually the best?

Looks like you got fooled already.
(chuckle, chuckle)

edit on 21/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You hit the nail right on the head mlifeoutthere. I used to be just like you were. I believed UFOs and aliens had visited us, I believed in greys, reptilians and all the other alien stories that the people from Project Camelot have come up with. I used to watch all the Youtube videos of UFOs, NASA Space UFOs, etc. But has anyone, with all the high tech camera equipment that we have today, videoed an alien and has that alien actually talked to a human being. I have never seen a credible video where an alien from another planet has tried to communicate with us? If I was an alien, I think that I would at least try to have an intelligible conversation with some human being on this planet, preferably a president or some other credible human being that would show a live feed to the rest of the planet. Why stay so secretive? Why hide from all these people, who are evidently not as intelligent as you are, and abduct people from trailer parks, who no one will believe because they will say that they are crazy? Why mutilate cattle if you are so intelligent? Why only let people see your little space from far away so that no one can actually tell what it is? Don't get me wrong. I have seen things that I can't explain, but if no one can produce a credible video by now, chances are that there are no aliens or spaceships flying around our skies. The UFO phenomena was probably put out there by the government, so that people like you and me would say that it was a flying saucer or a spaceship every time that we see something out of the ordinary, to cover up the governments secret projects. I know that everyone would love to believe in other life out there, but until there is real proof, we have to look at the real facts... there is no real proof. There is no Santa Clause. There is no Easter Bunny. There are no monsters in the closet. There are no ghost and there probably are no aliens.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

A good friend of mine, John Alexander, told me that once I start investigating UFOs I would become part of the conspiracy whether I like it or not. In the past two years since I founded Aerial Phenomena, I have attended over 20 conferences, authored a book, and hosted several TV episodes regarding Ufology. What I noticed about the topic, sadly, is that is has been inundated with so much claptrap that academia and the scientific community regard it as toxic. My approach, however, is simple. Triage the cases that we can investigate (i.e., recent sighting, daytime sighting, multiple credible witnesses, and some type of evidence) and approach the investigation from a nuts and bolts perspective. Additionally, we refrain from entertaining conspiracies, bigfoot, alleged reverse engineering, etc. My latest observations, which is very important, is that a good number of those studying Ufology have been reaching out to Aerial Phenomena for training, guidance, etc. Lastly, if you really want to investigate UFOs its important to spend most of your time away from Youtube, etc. and hit the field. ATS is useful to some degree but be careful with what you find. Remember what Reagan said: Trust, but Verify.

Antonio Paris

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

antonioparis
A good friend of mine, John Alexander, told me that once I start investigating UFOs I would become part of the conspiracy whether I like it or not.

Good story.

antonioparis
What I noticed about the topic, sadly, is that is has been inundated with so much claptrap that academia and the scientific community regard it as toxic.

Quite right!

antonioparis
My latest observations, which is very important, is that a good number of those studying Ufology have been reaching out to Aerial Phenomena for training, guidance, etc.

WTF? Please leave the subject to science, not new-age nonsense bringers!

Here's my take on the subject...

If we assemble every single alleged UFO report we'd get a mile high stack of paper. What if we categorise them?

We'd get 99.999% in the explained/hoax bin. We'd get 0.0001 % in the genuinely unexplained bin. We'd get 0% in the alien bin. Therefore, the average UFO buff would conclude, based on the overwhelming evidence, that the only explanation is aliens. Do you realise how silly you look?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I agree, I just can't trust anybody anymore. Too many greedy people who want to sell you the truth. Too many egomaniacs who just want to be better than you. Too many hoaxers who just want to be famous, or just want to be jackasses.

You would think that with all of the technology today, we would have a solid picture or video by now, but all we see are bad photoshops and hoaxes. Not all, as I have seen a handful of very convincing photos/videos in the past few years. The problem is this. Even with an HD camera, it is so easily to manipulate these days, there is almost no way to tell or prove something by a piece of footage or a photo. I strongly believe in UFOs and ETs, but without seeing them myselves, I doubt any Ufologist can convince me 100%.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You want all this taken seriously..get rid of the all the gullible believers who would buy into anything. They are the reason this phenomenon is a joke. Only use evidence which you can prove...so disregard silly abduction stories.

Teach CGI to the numbskulls who can't tell the difference between real and fake. Ask for a lot more evidence than is usually asked for by the UFO simpletons aka believers. Toss a frisbee in the air...take a pic or video and watch them wet themselves over it.

It is the idiots that are willing to believe anything about this subject, that are ruining this for those wanting real answers.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

roncoallstar
Even with an HD camera, it is so easily to manipulate these days, there is almost no way to tell or prove something by a piece of footage or a photo. I strongly believe in UFOs and ETs, but without seeing them myselves, I doubt any Ufologist can convince me 100%.

Ah, now theres a point

you see if we found some retro but CLEAR footage from the 50s/ 60s/70s or something
where it can be verified it is from that era, but at the same time, still decent enough footage.. of an alien or a ufo.. then that would be the `holy grail` as they didnt have the kind of cgi stuff we have today

freaking billy meier.. thousands of photos all these tv documentaries radio shows about him.. when all he had to do was ONE VIDEO of the aliens.. and that he could not do.. because there were no aliens

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just because it doesn’t cater to your desires of all the answers to the phenomena to your liking you declare it a disgrace.

That seems to be an egocentric analysis more than anything else.

Human beings can only do according to their aptitude and capacity in any given time frame therefore what do you expect, clarity?

No, reality demands struggle and a fight for truth not simple answers to questions that in themselves form more questions than answers.

Humans will know according to there capacity to know.

Your job is to find out who the real knowers are and how to recognize what the truth is.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Someone should set up a sting operation and bring those abductors to justice .

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You have someone filming airplane lights on landing approaches over Lake Erie who is invited to speak at a regional MUFON convention.

That pretty much sums up where "ufology" is at this point.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Its the Project Camelot, exo polticians that have pulled down ufology. The very much well invite any amazing story about Ufos, their agenda, and US governments involvement. Basically they have turned Ufology into a convoluted stew, freak story show. If these people are not paid disinfo agents then they should be, I cant see how any one could of done a better job dragging ufology in the gutter over last ten years.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Really, in the 50s which was the decade after the foo fighters and really the first world wide illustration of alien visitation, UFOs where everywhere, being reported in the papers, loads of cars gathering alongside highways in awe. That is how you had such a tremendous impact and influence of research - WITHOUT the web or easily accessible media during the time. Why now that we have easily accessible media it has all turned to disgrace, lies, and a waste of time? Obviously if you did have such things happening they would still show over the 90% of deceitful kids trying to get attention on youtube.

They were here, it is easy to see, and they are gone, it is easy to see.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence for those who are interested and take the time to really research the subject, much of listed on this very site.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just never get threads like these, in any field of study, you can find people who are hacks(ancient aliens) vs good documentaries . It just means we have use our brains and discern between the two.

If you go off researching on the web what vitamins you might benefit from like reservatrol, it is going to take some work. There are hundreds of websites each with varying degrees of quality info.

Unfortunately the hacks are more prevalent, especially when there is money to be made. On top of that, there are high social consequences for those who come forward. Like the canadian incident where a ufo harasses a japanese plane for an hour, he comes forward and is asked to fly a desk, just the way it is.

www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.google.com...:en-us:IE-Address&rlz=1I7DKUS_en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=EUeSUpuUDoqw2gWvjYHAA g&ved=0CDYQsAQ

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join