It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doe anyone ever use the Ignore button

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How frequently have people ever used the 'Ignore' capability to ignore an annoying poster. I would think that most people would want to see what ridiculous things that person was saying about a topic or about you no matter what. Who uses this now, just curious?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I resisted the ignore button for a long time. I finally used it when I had a bellyfull of a particular member.

I generally avoid the button, I still think that regardless of how annoying a poster may be, in most cases they have the right to speak their mind.

BG

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I only used it once, before I was a moderator somebody was annoying the hell out of me and I couldn�t take it anymore. I had this person on ignore for no more than 12 hours. Don�t ask who the person was, I won�t tell.
After I cooled down a bit the �ignore� was removed. I�m glad I had the option even though it was only used for a short time. If I didn�t I may have lost my cool and said something I would later regret. So in my opinion it serves a purpose.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Never, never, ever, ever. With my standard equipment wetware and years of experiential programming, I have no problem filtering the input provided by this site.

Deny ignorance! Ignore the ignore button.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Nope. Never used it.
Don't plan to either.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Its an excellent tool.

I am using it right now to stop the flow of stupid and sick messages coming from this person.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Nope. Never used it.
Don't plan to either.

Yup, same here. I have had no need to use it. I believe every person has the right to say what they wish. No matter how DUMB or INANE it may be.

Denying Ignore-ance. Since 9/30/03.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't have anyone on 'Ignore' right now actually. When I post in newsgroups I use the 'killfile' for threads and individuals, but thats a different matter. As loony as some of the people here are, well, they're just loony, not disruptive, which is what I use the killfiles for on newsgroups, disruptive people. The admin here pretty well eliminates people who are disruptive anyway, so I haven't seen a need to use it yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nope..but I did use the way above once...
The guy posted a note that I had longed to hear from someone,anyone.
He just had to be Way Above...

While we're on the subject,would'nt it be a great idea if one could even Donate;;say 25points to another member who deserves it.

It would be like awarding a medal in points,you know what I mean.
It might stimulate people to post really great topics...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Never used it, never will.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I've never used it,but some of the chinese posters have me on their lists because they can't stand dissent and they think propaganda is truth from god.

[edit on 11/17/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Iv used it a few times on 1 particular member.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
used it once on a certain Michael jackson Supporter. Thats the only time ive ever used it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am way too curious, I can't use the ignore button, I just have to know what people are posting, even if it is utterly stupid or offensive.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nope never had to use it but when the time comes ill thank God that its actually there heh

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Nope. Never used it.
Don't plan to either.

Ditto.

The only times I ever even considered it, the poster ended up being banned for something anyhow, hehe...

Of course, now I don't have a choice anyhoo, as we even see what's on Global Ignore....so "not applicable"...

While we're on the subject,would'nt it be a great idea if one could even Donate;;say 25points to another member who deserves it.

Your "Way Above" vote gives them points...
Also, we Mods will "Applaud" contributions we feel are exemplary posts by members...so if you see something really good, point it out to us, and we just may issue one to the poster. (if we agree of course).

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'd like to use it more, but it creates weird gaps in the posts. Also, if the person you're ignoring makes a topic, I think the thread still shows up.

I'll ignoring some of the Ediots....I mean idiots and sing...I mean see how it turns out.

[edit on 11/17/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There's an "Ignore" button? Really? A subconscious act of disregarding bliss, in order to "Deny"? Or a penchant to omit the perspicacious features incorporated into ATS?

Damn monkey brain, I don't even know...

Erudite Monkeys, not just for reading every post anymore...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Used it once. Not because I couldn't handle this persons post but to keep me from committing ATS suicide.
Appearently I used to be fairly explosive.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I did, onces just to see how it works, plus the person I ignored was really an a- hole, I have not seen him around for a while, I thinks he was one of those that was in the boards just for the elections times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join