It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 1 "Success" Is Destroying What Remains of Lower and Middle Class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Please, please, please someone explain to me how democrats and this administration expect me to cheer the one thing they have begun to mantra as their shining success. Oh, what would that be you ask? The stock market is WAY up.

Before anyone gets crazy and wants to lecture me on the physics and reality of how a healthy stock market creates everything good in the world, I get it. I know the difference between a solid, well financed, escrowed, and collateralized economy vs. the financial depression and lifestyle upheaval caused by the opposite.

But though the current stock market is stellar, why doesn't someone call them on it? If they are too incompetent to understand, here, let me explain it to them in simple terms. A market that is built on the rich getting richer and the banks and big oil owning the civilized world, those with money and power are hoarding it all to themselves and the rest of us are out of luck. I once had a very comfortable retirement plan, but Obama and his team now have not only every dime of it but every cent I will be able to give them for the rest of my life with my wife and children picking up more beyond that. I know very, very few people who still have any of their stocks anymore, and many more who never could or will be able to afford them in the first place. 401ks? Great if your company is one of the very few remaining who can afford them as well as Obamacare.

In simple, simple terms only the top can afford stocks in this economy (notice the difference between today's economy and today's "market"). Therefore, the fact that the stock market is doing so well is surely good news, for now, for the wealthy but it means didley to the vast majority working to make the rich richer. It won't be too much longer before they won't necessarily even need us little guys because they can print and self-perpetutate all they want after a certain point.

Score: Wealthy and the Market, limitless. The rest of us, negative limitless.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Please, please, please someone explain to me how democrats and this administration expect me to cheer the one thing they have begun to mantra as their shining success.

They think that we are stupid.
In many cases, they are correct.

But there will be a point, at least I hope that there is, when they can't fool the majority of the populace.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There's going to be another massive correction. The markets and stock prices we're seeing now, IMHO, are fake or artificially inflated. Hopefully when it crashes it won't be that bad but I have a funny feeling that this crash will make 2008 look like a cakewalk.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

But though the current stock market is stellar, why doesn't someone call them on it? If they are too incompetent to understand, here, let me explain it to them in simple terms. A market that is built on the rich getting richer and the banks and big oil owning the civilized world

The stock markets are a result of the banker bailout and continuing inflation caused by the Feds QE programs. When the Fed continues printing $85 billion a month it has to go somewhere. Stocks are now margined to a level not seen in ages.

Appearances are deceiving, our markets are sick and have been decoupled from product value. That bird will be home to roost very soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
America is due for a very bad day at some point. The question is when will it occur and how bad will it be? Financially we cannot maintain the "status quo" IMHO. Obama is just a part of the problem, he is a large part of course, but not the only issue we have as a nation.

When schools ban the "pledge of allegiance" to our country (happening RIGHT NOW in Georgia of all places) it is a sign of bad things to come I believe. We will look back one day (maybe not in my lifetime) as a nation and wonder how we let our leaders take us down.....wait and see, it is happening every day!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

RedShirt73

There's going to be another massive correction. The markets and stock prices we're seeing now, IMHO, are fake or artificially inflated. Hopefully when it crashes it won't be that bad but I have a funny feeling that this crash will make 2008 look like a cakewalk.

Hear! Hear! non-stop quantitative easing (inventing money from nothing) propping up a market based on debt is one that is going to make the BOOM heard round the world as its bubble deflates down to real value.

Its going to be nasty!

As part of this other disastrous events will be made or allowed to happen in order to save the necks of those who have engineered things by shifting blame away from them.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Phoenix

RedShirt73

Hear! Hear! non-stop quantitative easing (inventing money from nothing) propping up a market based on debt is one that is going to make the BOOM heard round the world as its bubble deflates down to real value.

Its going to be nasty!

As part of this other disastrous events will be made or allowed to happen in order to save the necks of those who have engineered things by shifting blame away from them.

Like shifting the blame to immigrants. The last time I checked they were one of the groups helping to keep the economy moving. The blame should be leveled on the people who control the government purse strings as well as the corporations/banks. These are the people who deserve the blame.
edit on 18-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

A market that is built on the rich getting richer and the banks and big oil owning the civilized world, those with money and power are hoarding it all to themselves and the rest of us are out of luck.

Seems to me that you have an issue with our not-so-free-market form of capitalism. No need to drag partisan politics. The bail-outs started under the Bush administration and were continued under the Obama administration. Corporatism is alive and well in D.C., they each have their favorite lobbies but at the end of the day neither "side" has done much of anything to stop the next financial crisis. I'm curious how the Obama administration caused you to lose your retirement.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The market is up because investment banks are putting the money there and not into the economy in loans to small and medium sized businesses. It's up because of high frequency trading. Many people will lose what ever they have left in retirement accounts when the correction happens. The banks made their money on the trades.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Bassago

But though the current stock market is stellar, why doesn't someone call them on it? If they are too incompetent to understand, here, let me explain it to them in simple terms. A market that is built on the rich getting richer and the banks and big oil owning the civilized world

The stock markets are a result of the banker bailout and continuing inflation caused by the Feds QE programs. When the Fed continues printing $85 billion a month it has to go somewhere. Stocks are now margined to a level not seen in ages.

Appearances are deceiving, our markets are sick and have been decoupled from product value. That bird will be home to roost very soon.

I was going to post this and then I saw you beat me to the thread. What you wrote is spot on...it is the endless printing of money that creates the false stock market 'boom'.

You will noticed they stole all of the money from the little people before this 'boom' began with 2008. We can't have all these middle class people making money with the elite.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Pyramid scheme fleecing America, aka the stock exchanges, always have been fake and simply a tool in which capital is hoarded by the few rather than the many.

Why is it Barry Obammy who is the one at fault for the destruction of the middle class.

It actually started when the Soviet Union fell and the world was engulfed in Corporatism.

Thanks St. Ronnie, bad movies and bad political decisions.

Derek

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They've completely destroyed coal mining families and everything here will suffer because of it. There's a lot of mad, disgusted people--and it seems to get worse by the day. I can see angry militias/mobs being formed. It wouldn't take much more.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

They closed our business, accused me of multiple abuses of the system, and all this only after we proved repeatedly in all legal channels and challenges that we were innocent. Having failed through legal means, the state workforce commission ruled we were guilty without trial and denied our ability to appeal. In the process they took every nickel from our banks accounts, both personal and professional, leaving us with no financial means to sue. In fact, we still live day to day never knowing if they will knock on the door with some new accusation. Twice they have sent the police to our home because they are so paranoid talking to me. All of it together has caused me to have a total breakdown and in one year we have gone from a healthy six figure income to trying not to lose the house by living on disability.

We weren't even challenging the system or causing them any trouble. We proved repeatedly that the only thing we were guilty of was not being guilty when they wanted us to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

samstone11

In simple, simple terms only the top can afford stocks in this economy (notice the difference between today's economy and today's "market").

Not really.

I started tradeing with £1000 (about $1600 of you american funny money) and earning and nice amount.

new topics

top topics

join