It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21-year-old Goodrich soldier found dead inside barracks at Alaska U.S. Army base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Was he from Goodrich, TX or a different Goodrich? I ask because my husband went to school there and he may know the family. His parents still live in that area.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hi All,

I am not going to say where i am from, or i do be i am sure a few of you will be able to analysis all of that within my message here.

I have known Shae Holton for a year and a half and grew very close to him. I want to take this time to clarify things for everyone so that you may understand what is going n and to help with some of your questions. Shane Holton was just promoted on the 1 of NOV and his girlfriend left Alaska on the 11th of this month. He was extremely happy, did not have a drinking or drug problem. Nor did he ever show any kind of signs of possible suicide or thoughts/wants to commit suicide. Although no reports on what exactly happened have been released yet my thought on the whole thing from talking to the people who found the body and talking to CID is that is was a natural death. I know he joked round about having some kind of heart issue. If that is the case then that would have been something that he lied about when he joined the army.

Also to clarify why it took so long to find his body was that the road conditions were very bad and no one was able to dive on the roads for two days straights. His leadership was aware that he had not been in contact for several days. But also knew that he just got off of pass, plus not being at work or around the others at work, i am sure things just slipped their minds. We are all human and we all know how we can push things aside, especially when we don't believe something to be a big deal. But in his case it was.

I am at no reason making excuses for anyone as would be the first person to point out my faults or the faults of any report. But i hope this answers some questions of yours.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Eerie, I was stationed at Ft. wainwright myself, 91-96, saw a lot of people affected by SAD, myself included. You don't realize what it is unless someone points it out to you. It sneaks up on you real fast.
The chain of command would be notified first, that's what the CQ would do, after they are called the EMTs are called, esp if it's an obvious death.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by porkensten

I'm going to disagree with you sir, if his body was discovered in the barracks, they would have found them IMMEDIATELY, the barracks are close to each other and they weren't isolated

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

My deepest condolences on the loss of your friend!

Alaska is a weird place IMO and I had the opportunity to read some threads on Alaskan weirdness such as aliens bases, MIA military teams and bigfoot sightings and I just wonder could something like that be involved here?

However at face value and with the current information to hand it seems that it may be no more than an unfortunate tragedy.

I look forward to this thread revealing further information that I hope sheds more light on what exactly happened to this young man in the service of his country.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've been to Wainwright, and I was more than happy to leave. I sort of liked Alaska but it's sort of stressful training.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join