It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot: The New Evidence --- airs tonight on National Geographic 7 CST

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

New DNA research collected by Professor Bryan Sykes, a leading British geneticist, reveals a unique genetic link the may answer the centuries-old mystery — what is Bigfoot? The results are featured in a new two-hour special. Sykes sets off on a global quest to unlock the real story of Bigfoot. Sykes, professor of human genetics at the University of Oxford, collected and tested Yeti hair samples in the western Himalayas to find out what species they came from.

This 2-hr special is airing tonight at 7pm central. The summary provided by ATT U-verse is as follows:

The research by geneticist Bryan Sykes on hair from the Himalayas that is said to have come from yetis seems to indicate a possible evolutionary path for the creatures, with a 100% genetic match to a known early species.

"Seems to indicate" & "100% match" contradict each other so I'm predicting disappointment as usual but I'm going to try to sit down and watch with an open mind.

I've always said - I'm a huge fan of Bigfoot but it's like being a Dallas Cowboys fan, I'm usually disappointed.

Grab your popcorn.

Nat Geo -Bigfoot

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I`ll watch it but I`ll bet $100 its full of reality style interviews we have all seen then a bunch of white city people go scream and yell in the woods at 2AM and freak out over the sounds of the great out doors at night. I can say for sure if I heard people screaming like they do making "squatch" calls(very annoying word that) I would be hollering back. Would probably explain 99% or recent calls heard. Something is out there but these people will not find it.

Anybody want to play a drinking game while we watch? Every time someone on there does something asinine we should take a shot.
edit on 17-11-2013 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I was thinking it's going to be exactly like the "Mermaids: The New Evidence."

Lots of reality interviews, well done fake footage, and some profound sounding scientifically skewed evidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

That's exactly what I hope it ISNT like. That mermaid show was absolutely horrible. I don't think it will be that similar to Finding Bigfoot either which is on Animal Planet (as was Mermaid: new evidence). I'd imagine National Geographic would take a much more scientific approach rather than hollering at each other from a distance as those in Finding Bigfoot do.

Guess we'll just have to watch to find out where it goes.

Maybe both channels are owned by the same company? Perhaps someone else can answer that...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can't wait!! I'm predicting that we will know nothing more after the show than we did before which is a shame. Out of all the crytpo creatures I truly hope this one is real.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I plan on watching and the kid inside is still hoping for...something. I don't think I've missed anything related to Bigfoot. I've sat thru Bobo and his band of misfits as they hear noises that aren't detectable to the television audience. I hoped that the boys from West Virginia weren't hoaxing the heck out of us (I still believe in them). Every show indicates that evidence has been recovered yet, by the end, there is nothing!

Come on NATGEO, give us some answers!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

This is the guy who claims the Yeti is a thought to be extinct bear...
edit on 17-11-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
is this a follow up to a previous documentary?

I watched one a couple of weeks ago with this same guy in it, and the screenshots on the National Geographic site are all taken from THAT documentary.

If it's the same thing, only repeated, then prepare to be disappointed.

If it's a follow-up...
...well, that's an entirely different kettle of yeti hairs.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
IIRC most if not all of the Discovery/NatGeo/Animal Planet/TLC type channels are owned by the same company, must be why they show so much world history that has nothing to do with any military on the Military channel. Every show like this is so dumbed down the producer seem to think its the first time someone ever heard of what there show is about. I would be much more satisfied with a hour of the best POSSIBLE videos that could be found with a few experts pointing out and debating over the details than some "team" doing something that resembles field research. Re-enactments don't add credibility.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Its never a follow up, they still show the same UFO clips from shows made back in 199? and present them as new in 2013.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

StratosFear
IIRC most if not all of the Discovery/NatGeo/Animal Planet/TLC type channels are owned by the same company, must be why they show so much world history that has nothing to do with any military on the Military channel. Every show like this is so dumbed down the producer seem to think its the first time someone ever heard of what there show is about. I would be much more satisfied with a hour of the best POSSIBLE videos that could be found with a few experts pointing out and debating over the details than some "team" doing something that resembles field research. Re-enactments don't add credibility.

True, true.

I can't stand re-enactments, cheesy to say the least.

reply to post by six67seven I plan on watching and the kid inside is still hoping for...something. I don't think I've missed anything related to Bigfoot. I've sat thru Bobo and his band of misfits as they hear noises that aren't detectable to the television audience. I hoped that the boys from West Virginia weren't hoaxing the heck out of us (I still believe in them). Every show indicates that evidence has been recovered yet, by the end, there is nothing! Come on NATGEO, give us some answers!

...much to delight of the Ranae, the non-believer. Actually, I take that back because she says she wants to believe, there just isn't enough evidence in her mind.

I am waiting for the follow-up on the Texas encounter that supposedly involved the killing and burying of two bigfoots. A map exists detailing the location.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Star & flag just for the cowboy comparison.

I'm a falcons fan so I should be able to watch this no problem, noting upsets me anymore Atlanta has desensitized me.

I like that show with the big guy does the Bigfoot calls. I'd so go do that, all I'd need is a cooler full of beer...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

HA! YES!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

This is the guy who claims the Yeti is a thought to be extinct bear...
edit on 17-11-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Yes, there is already a thread on it last month.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would be the same info I would think.

What gets me is...How do they know they have "Yeti" hairs??
Did someone go and pluck them off a live one?

Arent there Bears in India/Tibet/China anyway? That could be related to "An Ancient Polar Bear"?
Arent ALL bears related? somewhat like humans...the Black human, the white human, the brown human etc
Do bears have human type feet?

Just another beatup Im afraid...and the real Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch that leaves huge human/primate type footprints in the snow, will still be walking around.

Waste of time and money making tv shows like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Well, that's just it.
They didn't discover Yeti hairs.
They discovered bears, raccoons, big cats, blah blah blah.
...they just waste an hour of your life before TELLING YOU that.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

We got to see everyone's feelings get crushed when their samples they submitted came back negative for Bigfoot. You could see the life get sucked out of Justin Smeja. Maybe he was very stoned or tripping acid when he shot those bears. Tripping or he just wanted the publicity.

All of that is, of course, if you trust NatGeo, the scientist and his "new technique of removing contamination". Which they never detail.

In the end, the hybrid polar/brown bear is old news. Yep, just another Cowboys loss...err, disappointment

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Those shows are always a disappointment and end with evidence being sent off for further testing

And I am a Detroit Lions fan, so I know disappointment.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the findings of a National Geographic Channel show. They always produce programs that reinforce conventional thinking and the mainstream paradigm. Forget evidence to the contrary, JFK was killed by a lone assassin, there are no UFOs, the Great Pyramid was built as a tomb for Khufu, and Bigfoot is nothing more than a myth. The National Geographic Channel should be renamed to the National Disinformation Channel.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So, another Bigfoot show with nothing but bear fur samples...good grief! At least they gave some good info on Zana, even making the connection that she could be from an early tribe that left sub-Saharan Africa. I liked that the NATGEO guy got a bit uncomfortable talking about them repeatedly raping her.

Did anyone scream, "There it is!" when the Russian "Congressman" came for a visit? Geez, that guy has probably been mistaken a few times for the great beast! That guy was HUGE. Should have tested him for Neanderthal genes!

Anyway, another show, more disappointment. Bigfoot must clothe themselves in Bear fur because that's the only thing left behind after an encounter. I felt bad for Smeja, he really wants folks to think he shot himself a baby Bigfoot. Poor, poor Smeja.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
More to the point why hasn't Smeja been charged for shooting a bear without a tag? Then sending bear samples to Canada, out of California without mandated paperwork?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join