It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living it up on the tax payers dime a weeks worth of food stamps

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by crazyewok

By all means, go ahead. You just are not within the aspects of the Libertarian ideals. You have fallen prey to the Progressive side of the house.

edit on 21-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

I would say Im not in ANY house. Im sure a Progressive would balk at most of my other idea and call me a
Libertarian!

I have some Libertarian ideals (say 75-90%) and a few, very few Progressive ideas.

You see the world isnt black or white with me.

I dont think in absolutes.

Just because I disagree with one or two points does makes me a red flag waveing obama lover.

Thats why your position is doomed. Most people are moderates. Im considered too right wing for most normal people. So your stuck with clowns like Bush and Obama.
edit on 21-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Is that seriously a bag of tobacco on the counter back there? I ask because in several of your other "help me, I am poor" threads, you talk about buying cigarettes:

"After buying smokes putting gas in my car and car insurance I'm not left very much money for the month."

All apologies, but my sympathy for you just took a serious nose dive. You create a thread complaining about how you don't have enough on your EBT card to eat, but you buy tobacco/smokes?

Seriously?!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Serdgiam
Welfare abuse is a minimal problem in comparison to the overall picture, but its still part of it. We have a completely outdated infrastructure, poor education, poor healthcare, and many other items where we SHOULD be ranked in the top 3 in the world, but are frequently much further down the list.

I look as this like this... we are 48 countries compared to the State sized nations we compare ourselves to.

Contiguous United States anyway, so we should only compare our best state in these opinion polls

Russia and China, the only other places comparable with geographic area/size would probably fall short? But China because of their human rights violations, it should disqualify them from ever being compared to us.

regarding taxes... I am increasingly beginning to believe and feel that I do not want to pay taxes to an administration I do not support or agree with the direction they are taking the nation, and what they are using my tax dollars for.

basically... I am not paying for this mind funk! or supporting racism with my tax dollars.

one more democrat in office after Obama and I'll be selling my identity...

edit on 22-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
around 200 a month for food plus whats left over and you call that struggling?
i think you are like most lower middle class, you spend too much and don't realize that you are and overlook things as more important than it is and only make modest cuts and buy overpriced goods and create a struggle that shouldn't be there.
you are a member of the seemingly poor middle class who see what you want and think poverty is what you are facing when it is much worse than that. disability? so what, even others close to death(on machines) like me work(i can't btw) and struggle, even those who are poor or cant work for other reasons struggle but get through it, yet we have to hear people like you talking about what struggle is, how you cant do this or that, how unfortunate you are, how hard or unfair it is, blah, blah, blah.
don't make excuses, the truly poor find a way regardless how things are and don't need fake poor people making us look lazy, stupid and full of excuses just because you can't plan your diet out better.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Even a little bit or urine ruins the cookie mix.

Introducing Progressive ideals, under a Libertarian stance is exactly the reason people have problems with Progressives.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

macman

Even a little bit or urine ruins the cookie mix.

Introducing Progressive ideals, under a Libertarian stance is exactly the reason people have problems with Progressives.

Yeah ok whatever.

Fact is for the time being you will never get your own way, your a minority overall. But you could very well in the immediate future get 50% or even 75% you own way, but you wont if you alienate and treat as the enemy slightly more moderate right wingers like me who could give you the voteing edge. Rather than picking at each over and fighting amougnst ourselfs on little points we should be teaming up to fight the REAL enemy and the real full blooded reds and left wingers who have seized both our goverments. Fight them first, then we can fight each other

Focus on tackling the big issues first, then go for the little ones.
edit on 22-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I love getting the opinions of those that I don't agree with.
Yeah, thanks for that.

I will continue to stand by my principles.

You continue to go down the road of "Progress".

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

macman

I love getting the opinions of those that I don't agree with.
Yeah, thanks for that.

Well I have to put up with yours dont I? Though as I said I agree with 90% of them. Just not on this. But you cant seem to grasp the simple concept that some people may differ in thought and opinions.

Freedom of thought and expression is only allowed within your own narrow thinking.

macman
You continue to go down the road of "Progress".

Well you obviosly cant read or pick your battles right. Guess you will have to be stuck as a sad paranoid angery man who wont ever get even half of what he wants as he alienates all his support.

Even your founding fathers you repect so much understood the importance of accepting help and support from those who may not quite share the same valeus (*cough* the french *cough*) if they had thought like you and hated everyone that didnt agree with them 100% you would not be sitting in the USA right now

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

crazyewok

Well I have to put up with yours dont I?

No you don't. That is part of the freedom thing.

crazyewok
Though as I said I agree with 90% of them. Just not on this. But you cant seem to grasp the simple concept that some people may differ in thought and opinions.

Yeah, again, when you add the Progressive ideal you inject with, it destroys all the good parts.

crazyewok
Freedom of thought and expression is only allowed within your own narrow thinking.

Nope. I never stated that.

crazyewok
Well you obviosly cant read or pick your battles right. Guess you will have to be stuck as a sad paranoid angery man who wont ever get even half of what he wants as he alienates all his support.

I don't go through life worrying about alienating people. I don't bend on things like this, just to make friends. You might, but such is life I guess.

crazyewok
Even your founding fathers you repect so much understood the importance of accepting help and support from those who may not quite share the same valeus (*cough* the french *cough*) if they had thought like you and hated everyone that didnt agree with them 100% you would not be sitting in the USA right now

So, accepting help from the French during a war is equated to this debate how???? It is nice you know a little book history, but doesn't mean much to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

macman

So, accepting help from the French during a war is equated to this debate how????

It meant to point out that if you want to get anywere or get even half you want sometimes you have to bend abit accept help form those that may have aslightly diffrent view point as yours.

If the founding father had been inflexable and rigid and refused to even get along with people with slightly diffrent values (Like you) there would have been NO usa at all.

But I cant expect you to grasp such a point.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Oh, so was it "help" they excepted??? Or didn't actually pay the French, and use Mercenaries as well???

Geez, sure does make a world of difference.

Plus, the help didn't exactly go against what the Founding Fathers stood for. The French didn't in turn try to inject their rules and laws onto the colonies.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

NM

edit on 22-11-2013 by thesaneone because: this is about the op

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

macman

Oh, so was it "help" they excepted??? Or didn't actually pay the French, and use Mercenaries as well???

Geez, sure does make a world of difference.

Actually you will find it a bit of both. Both had the same gennreal intrest, screwing over Britain, so they worked together.

macman
Plus, the help didn't exactly go against what the Founding Fathers stood for. The French didn't in turn try to inject their rules and laws onto the colonies.

Im not trying to force my way on you. If we worked together and sorted the big things out first , thing we both agree with , things that need sorting before any disablity welfare cuts or other things can even be attempted we might get somewhere. We could get 75% of what you want done.

After if there is support enough to cut the sick and disabled off so be it, thats the people choice, I cant stand in the way, I can protest and be against that, thats my right but if the people want that then the people are FREE to choose that.

But both our countrys have a long long way to go before cutting disablity wefare could be put on the tables. So lets concentrate on the BIG issue first.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

thesaneone

I love how you keep saying that your a moderate right winger but reading lots of your other post I really don't see it.

How so? Example?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So, your basis of usage has been deemed a moot.

The French left when they finished with the 'help".

Your example doesn't apply.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

macman

So, your basis of usage has been deemed a moot.

The French left when they finished with the 'help".

Your example doesn't apply.

Whatever think what the hell you will.

One is free to act the fool in my opnion.
edit on 22-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Your comparison and example is off. It doesn't work.

But, sure sure.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well Im through with this thread.

Merikans such dumb animals, almost like a big dumb pack animals like a mule, or a donkey.

Guess they have there useses, someone has to do the dumb menial work.

(Not claiming all Americans full into this catogary)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

crazyewok
Well Im through with this thread.

Merikans such dumb animals, almost like a big dumb pack animals like a mule, or a donkey.

Guess they have there useses, someone has to do the dumb menial work.

And this is how you know when an unintelligent person loses an argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join