It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I hear electricity? Tell me if you hear the ring!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

For me it's my alarm clock and the cordless phone ringing. There are a lot of us. You have electrosensitivity and you need to purchase a Bioguard: www.electrosensitivity.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i can clearly hear that "mosquito" ring tone that is supposedly only able to be heard by people under the age of 20 yrs old.
and i'm 33.

i can sense EM fields.. but it's less of a "ooh here's an EM field.. or ooh theres one over there.." ... it's just you get so overwhelmed by all the electricla pollution and get used to it... then when you turn everything off.. you can FEEL the difference.. it's sooo relaxing.
so it's more accurate to say.. i can sense the ABSENCE of EM fields.. as opposed to the uncomfortable accumulation of man y EM fields..

try sleeping the night with your circuit breaker box turned off.

ust use batteries for your alarm clock.. don't put it near your head.. put it across the room.. or use a wind up old fashioned one.. and turn off your breaker box.. and see what an incredible sense of relaxation will come over you.
then relax and have the best sleep of your life.

-

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes electricity can be very audible. Some sounds for me are not really audible but still noticeable.

For the longest time I could not go to the window of my local pharmacy. A sharp pain would shoot through my head so intensely that it would blur my vision.

The pharmacist did not have a clue to why this was happening and I think that he really thought that I was a nut case.

One day when I went to pick up an order which they would bring for me to the front counter, the pharmacist said that he thought that he knew what was wrong and asked me to go back to the pharmacy with him. I refused because I really could not deal with that pain again but he encouraged me to come by telling me that he thought he knew how to stop me from having the pain while at the window. So I went with him and sure enough nothing unusual happened.

He was beside himself. He said "It is true!" Of course I had to ask him what was true and he told me that I was hearing the alarm system in the pharmacy. I did not understand immediately what he was saying. He asked me to bear with him. He walked to the back and suddenly my vision went blue and the pain again shot through my head. I don't remember what I said but he turned it off right away and the pain was gone.

He said that another woman came into the pharmacy a couple of weeks ago and she said "My God! Your alarm system is killing me. He said he was shocked. He said that she asked him to turn it off until she left. He said that he only agreed because he thought of me and realized that the discomfort that I felt at the pharmacy window had to be caused by the same thing.

I realized after that incident that I can tell in most places whether they have their alarm system engaged or not. It is not the same sound that electricity makes but it is just as recognizable.

Pay close attention the next time you are out in stores and especially around pharmacy windows. I bet you if can hear electricity that you will be able to hear activated alarm systems as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I used to use the W&OD bikepath and there are electrical towers for a good stretch of it. We used to walk to the arcade at the bowling alley in the 80's. One time I was using an umbrella during a rain storm as I walked along the path and where the metal of the umbrella touched my neck and face from time to time I would get a little tingly shock. It wasn't painful but we were aware that the wires were full of electricity. Oddly or humorously, since this is ATS after all, I should mention that those lines went right by one of the CIAs other facilities in Northern Virginia. Same place a crap load of internet companies moved too. You can do the research.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I too hear this ringing....buzzing. As previously posted, when I start turning off and unpluging items it's an instant relaxtion. My husband claims he can't hear it. To me it seems so loud, sometimes causing a headache.

It's difficult to explain this type of ringing. It's different then how your hearing is after attending a loud concert.

I live less then 2 blocks from a couple of radio towers. =( On further thought, it seems like this phenomonon has manifested in the last eight years while I've been living here. I don't have a recollection of whining about it before then. Also, I'm way older then 20 - physically anyway.

Lastly, I don't claim to have any special hearing abilities, far from it. It does seem my range may be different then most others. I can be in a crowded resturant and not be able to hear the person speaking across from me but, I can tell you what music is lightly playing in the background.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I wake up in the middle of the night and can hear the buzzing from my (electrical wired) smoke alarm that is approximately 10 feet from my bed. I also hear the kitchen light fixture and speakers that are turned off. When I go into stores that sell TVs and stereos I am bothered by the loud buzzing sound. My husband cannot hear the sound so I used to think I was crazy. I am glad to find that other people hear electricity as well. I am 51 years old.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
For the past month or so ...Every time I go outside my house, I can hear an electrical current. Its a buzzing sound that is clear as day to me. I kept asking my husband "do you hear that?" and when i try to explain it, he says i am nuts, he doesn't hear anything. I was just sitting outside and I could hear it again, but this time it was like the frequency was changing and the noise was getting louder and more high pitched, and then would go low again. i asked my mother in law to listen and she didn't hear it either. I actually called the power company to tell them, Because it's freaking me out!

The power guy on the phone asked, "So it's a loud buzzing sound?" And I said, " I wouldnt exactly call it loud if I am the only one who hears it!" They are sending someone out tomorrow to see what it is... but after reading the other posts I feel alot better... I probably just have exceptional hearing...

That's cool , I guess LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join