It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I hear electricity? Tell me if you hear the ring!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A while ago I was playing with one of those plasma ball things, where the plasma follows your finger when you touch it. I noticed that whenever i was touching it there was a ringing in my head. Then i noticed that it was really constantly there,in the back of my mind, but just got stronger and louder when i touched the plasma thing. Then i realized that i got the same effect when turning on my tv, or the light, or any electrical appliance. I dont even have to be touching the object anymore, i can just hear if it's on or not. My friend and i did some tests, where i put on a blindfold and put my hands in front of my eyes and told my friend wether the light or the tv was on. After about an hour with 100% accuracy we decided that i was definately pickin up some vibes. Even when i was in another room. Something to do with Electromagnetism?maybe? i don't know.
any explanations, or similar experiences please tell me.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by CountFranklin]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can hear electrical appliances as well. I am not sure whether I am hearing "electricity" per say, or whether I am hearing the electrical current jumping from one connection to another. Right now I can hear the lights above my head, the TV, the computer, and the lamp behind me. I know that they are on, but whether or not I am hearing the "electricity" or the electrical current is up for debate.

However, last night I also heard an elderly woman talking outside of my friend's apartment, and there was no one there. It could all just be located in Broca's Area for all I know...but on a similar note, we were all doing experiments in our Anatomy and Physiology class to see how far away we could hear a stop watch ticking. My partner went so far that she bumped into the wall and had to stop the experiment because she couldn't travel any farther. The interesting thing is that I am guessing that I would have heard the stop watch even if she had stopped it. If I focused enough right now on hearing a ticking stop watch, then I would be able to hear a ticking stop watch.

When I was younger, I would envision my mother yelling at her brother (my uncle was older than me by 7 years) because I wanted him to get in trouble when I was mad at him. I was able to produce audible sound that I physically heard of my mother yelling at her brother on demand. This sound was audbile enough to the extent that sometimes I thought that she was really yelling at him. The point here is that sounds can be produced and re-produced. I do not need a CD to listen to my favorite song, because I can produce the track in my head. This could also be the reason that you hear the "electricity". Of course this is all thrown out the window when you said that you answered the questions with 100% accuracy for an hour. However, perhaps the hair on your arm (or something else) was picking up on waves that alerted your hearing senses into noticing a sound that it did not hear. The body is a very confusing entity at times, but still fascinating, probably all the more so...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i just read a topic by Gokuma , talking about this ringing and meditation, go read

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would like to add 2 refrigerators and 2 ticking alarm clocks to the list of things that I can hear...

...as well as the Ring!...

...now you have a whole new, and much more interesting topic at hand than you did before. Does "the ring" intensify around electricity?...let's go from here and see what the ATS community will say...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I can hear it too. It's erie to stand near the electirc towers....I feel it and hear it - it just dosnt seem safe.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i do and i have been hearing the ring for a long time. i was always aware if an electronic appliance was on in the house or in someone elses house, even before i went in. like as soon as i walked up to the door to ring the bell, i could tell if someone had a tv, comp, etc. on and when i go out to the park and stuff, the ring isnt so strong but in my apt its annoying.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have heard the ringing for as long as i can remember. I honestly thought everyone could hear it!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes, more people can hear electrical appliances and other electrial items than you may think. Perhaps because we are constantly surrounded by it, many have become more sensitive to its sound levels. Televisions let out a high-pitched scree, the sound of a CD or DVD scanning before it plays a track sets my teeth on edge, and the ringing hum of electrical towers is unbearable.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have very sensitive hearing. I have to were ear pluggs alot. Snapping gum, hard soled shoes on the floor, potatoe chip crunching, ( the worst ) lol, just about everything irriates my hearing. My life has been very irrating
Glass plates with metal forks, refridg, T.V., my house, and the one next door, But I love to listen to a stuck AM radio channel, ( freq) noise I like to listen too, dont know why. I hear about everything at one, and it gets very irrateing. SNORING IS THE WORST SOUND EVER

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
fluorescent lights actually make me ill - between the sound and the flickering I will get a major headache and sick to my stomach and get a really anxious feeling. I honestly don't know how people work in stores - some days I have to wear sunglasses just to go in because of the flickering of the lights. And I am not a shopper which I guess is a good thing because I can't stay in a store long. Both DH and I can walk thru a building and tell where the alarm systems are - it is a feeling more than hearing. And as far as Power Lines -- I guess it is good I don't hear them as I live in the center of an L of them.

But I have had severe tinnitus (sp?) since I was young -- I always hear a ringing in my ears.

I have often thought that the next time we get up to Alaska I would love to fly into the middle of nowhere to see what quiet actually sounds like

jm

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I hear the ringing too, I feel it if the fields are strong enough like by high voltage lines. The only place that ever freaked me out and made me ill physically was denver International Airport. On top of the creepy vibe that place has you can just feel the megawatts of power running through the place. Mostly under it though.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I dont well not anymore,i did have very sensitive hearing,i used to hear high frequency pitch noise around electrical appliances,i would ask people "surely you can hear that"and they would always have a puzzled look on their face,i guess due to the fact of working in very noisy factories and machinery and my age now i`m at last getting some peace and quiet,either that or Alzheimer`s keeps me from remembering i hear things,but my sympathies are with you guys.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
I have often thought that the next time we get up to Alaska I would love to fly into the middle of nowhere to see what quiet actually sounds like

It sounds like a very low hum. In fact its worse in the middle of nowhere with nothing to mask it. Ever hear that spooky 'its an alien planet' background music on the old Star Trek? Its like that. I spent a lot of time up there in AK, and in the desert. The planetary magnetic field resonates, resonant currents create infrasound in semiconductors (like sand or moist air, or your inner ear), just like transducers. Check this out: The Taos Hum. A lot of appliance noise comes from tuned coil-capacitor circuits; alternating currents/fields cause the coil and capcitor materials to vibrate, coupling the EM field to the air in a way we can physically hear. Then of course there is good old tintinitus. Silence nonexistant is the Unverse telling us we are neither omnipotent, nor alone.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I would like it if many electrical appliances were made to be quieter myself. I hear humming noises (probably fans or motors) coming from a number of electrical appliances such as my noisy pc.

I haven't heard anything from a plasma ball but I haven't had one in a quiet environment so the noise may be drowned out. I do enjoy watching the electricity come out of the glass sphere to my fingers when I move my fingers near the glass. I always thought that looked cool. I never heard any noise from the electricity flowing into me though. Huge power lines are really bad at making loud humming noises. I thought almost everyone could hear those. Even the Dish network satellite boxes make an annoying loud clicking noise every once in awhile. I try to tune out all of the noises around me as much as possible. I believe alot of society in general has gone partially deaf already listening to loud music all the time or from just being in noisy environments all the time.

Edited note: I just remembered I once accidently had some leaking current travelling through me from one hand on a metal light switch plate and back out the other hand which was on a metal storm door. I didn't hear anything at all but I did start heating up rather rapidly.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 5-1-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think I have tinnitus. Constant ringing in your ears. But Im used to it. The thing is, all of a sudden I sometimes get a sudden ring in an ear above the normal tinnitus ring and my ear goes slightly deaf...but it goes away pretty soon after and returns to normal. I have read theories that those with ringing in their ears are sensitive to other dimensional plains blah blah, and stuff about aliens blah blah...but nothing cool has ever happened to me yet.

Maybe it's coming though...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Tv or light? You have ears no? A light just turns on, BOOM, on...a tv you can hear it sort of "charge up" when it is turned on. Not really a good test.

I can hear electricity, You think touching a ...lightning bulb thingy cause you a little head trouble?

It doesn't do anything for me, but I know when I walk under those industrial power lines... ( the HUGE ones ), my head starts pounding, I feel like laying down because nausau sets in and I feel like Falling over. You can feel it inside your body, the electromagnetic feild I mean,...it really F____'s me up.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sure, you can hear. AC is cyclic at 60 hertz in the U.S. and you'll hear the hum.
Components can be heard going bad, too, when a capacitor starts to go out, for example.
Actually, as any good avionics tech will tell you, there is no such thing as electricity. All those little components in your radios, VCR's, DVD's and in all the aircraft boxes, are filled with magical smoke. When a component goes bad, a bit of smoke can be seen if you are present to see it, and the reason the box no longer works is because the magic smoke escaped.

OK, so we aren't very funny, but at least we are funnier than engineers!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
ja i've got this...i've asked other people around me but no one older than I, 17 seems to have retained it if they ever had it.

my grandparents have there poles that emmit an EMP to get cats out of their backyard, i dont know if it works, but so help me i can hear it from my bed room..TV's are really bad too, i remember being in a hotel with a TV mounted on a thing attached to the wall, i couldnt stand it being on, i could hear it that loudly

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If you sit quietly in the woods you can hear the earth humming electricly. Is this what you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by justme1640

It sounds like a very low hum. In fact its worse in the middle of nowhere with nothing to mask it. Ever hear that spooky 'its an alien planet' background music on the old Star Trek? Its like that. I spent a lot of time up there in AK, and in the desert. The planetary magnetic field resonates, resonant currents create infrasound in semiconductors (like sand or moist air, or your inner ear), just like transducers.. A lot of appliance noise comes from tuned coil-capacitor circuits; alternating currents/fields cause the coil and capcitor materials to vibrate, coupling the EM field to the air in a way we can physically hear. Then of course there is good old tintinitus.

Darn -- I was really hoping to hear nothing -- which with my tintintus would be impossible I guess
I live near a railroad track, next to the highway workers barn, under numerous flight paths, in the heart of a town, near the main highway, and under power lines -- so I guess I was wondering what the lack of all those sounds was like. I still want to go though just to hear what you describe.

thanks
jm

sorry I quoted almost everything but I couldn't figure what else to leave out...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join