It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was bored and scanning through my facebook a few minutes ago when I came across this article linked by a young woman I went to middleschool with way back in the day.

Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves for 7 Years

As this is ATS and I try not to be open-minded rather than ignorant as much as humanly possible, I did some digging already and came across the following:

Strange But Not True

which links to this:

Naked woman, 27, rescued from cliffs

Obviously this makes a LOT more sense, but it still sounds a bit funny to me... so I dug a little bit further - for one thing, all of these sources are American, not Icelandic.

I came across this:
www.spyr.is...

which, unfortunately, all I can really do is translate into English via Google...

Anyway, I thought it was interesting and didn't see it on the forums yet, so here it is - thoughts?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Damn keebler cookie company. let go after seven years, those elves probably never even paid into social security or a pension fund.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Well the elf story is debunked. Naked Woman Rescued from Cliffs to Black's Beach

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Some people will do anything to get in the papers.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It looks to me to be a promo for a book. Both pages have the same add for the book. "Hour of the beast"

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I'm really glad you took the time to read my post.... (I already linked to that)

Just because there is one American source with a couple pictures on both sites doesn't automatically debunk something for me, just like if somebody on here puts a picture up of a "UFO" it doesn't automatically make everyone assume that it's real. I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's extremely strange for the government to be spending loads of money to send people out to Iceland making sure there aren't any hidden people around before starting up a new construction project. I was hoping that people would actually take a few seconds to read the thread and have some sort of actual discussion about it - oh well.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

They weren't even sexy elves? Damn...I'll never get that one off my bucket list.

2nd

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wonder what Dr. Kristiansen would have to say about it all - probably would give him a big laugh if anything else.

Dr. Niels U. Kristiansen

I mean call me a total idiot but if this guy simply made all this stuff up to get his name out there in hopes of selling his book, you'd think this Doctor would be pretty PO'd wouldn't he? The whole thing is just too weird for me to simply ignore, that's all.
edit on 15-11-2013 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I find it interesting that according to the paper, 70% of the Icelandic population believe in elves. The other interesting thing is all the paper does is reference a blog post detailing the story. For one, I would like to see the tattoos on her back and verify if they are Norse script. Then see if any tattoo artist claims them.

While I attempt to remain open minded, I must, of needs, try to keep my brains from falling out. On Occasion.

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Cookies or it didn't happen!

Second line

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
While I haven't been able to find anything else about this " Kalena Søndergaard" - the guy's blog basically just says she went crazy - there are, interestingly enough 2 guys with the same last name who are researchers at the same University that Dr. Kristiansen works at. Of course this could be completely coincidental. Who knows how many people have the last name Søndergaard in Iceland, let alone on the planet. When you read about the 2 men, they are doing some pretty interesting stuff too - but out of respect for their privacy; rather than me getting into it here, if you're interested I'll let you read up on it yourselves - mainly because I'm not exactly sure what the rules are about "putting the spotlight on individuals", especially when they most likely have no idea who Kalena is or what's going on with this story. I just find it sort of funny that 3 of them share the same last name

edit on 16-11-2013 by Time2Think because: typos

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Well the elf story is debunked.

The story has indeed been debunked. They weren't elves. They were actually a mixed gang of gnomes, sprites, imps and brownies.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If true, then ETs. Underground base. Hopefully ETs, and not a paramilitary base. Anyway, glad she's back.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
and santa released her just before the christmas season? what sort of business model is that?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Didn't mean to hurt your feel in' bud. I read the entire post. I didn't click every link. Your link's title didn't match the title of the link I posted. I'm sure you'll get over it though.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So here is the translated Icelandic article.

translate.google.com...://www.spyr.is/grein/erlent/4372&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtranslate%2BSegir%2B%25C3%25ADslenska%2B%2 5C3%25A1lfa%2Bhafa%2Bhaldi%25C3%25B0%2Bdanskri%2Bkonu%2Bfanginni%2B%25C3%25AD%2Bsj%25C3%25B6%2B%25C3%25A1r%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D598

And it is based on the English blog post, with the picture of the girl being rescued in CA, and the picture of a girl who looks nothing like the girl being rescued, so yes, the whole story looks like a complete fake to drum up interest in a book.

Which says nothing about the possibility of elves in Iceland.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

yea the problem is though that google is doing the translating ;x Wish I knew how to read / write Icelandic heh. Even if the translations are 100% accurate, it would still be pretty damn easy to fake what really happened, that's my point. Despite the story sounding completely unbelievable, there really is a Doctor by the name referred to in the blog, as well as researchers who work with him with the same last name as Kalena. As I said before, it just seems like something funny is going on to me... like SOMETHING strange DID happen, it probably wasn't elves.. but whatever it was, it's trying to be covered up. That's what it looks to me.

There are also plenty of other sources of info talking about these elves / "hidden people" in Iceland which have been mentioned several times across these boards already. I'll add some more links right now:

Huldufolk

Building in Iceland? Better Clear it With the Elves First.

Iceland: Huldufolk

edit on 18-11-2013 by Time2Think because: added more info and links

edit on 18-11-2013 by Time2Think because: typos

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
elves?

lol!

hey, who am i to say?...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm sure Frodo had something to do with getting her released.

top topics

join