It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EX-NFL CHEERLEADER Somehow avoids jail after trying to perform **** on 12 year old boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is messed up to me... If this was a older man doing this to a 12 year old girl he would be locked away with a judge not even thinking twice about it. Why is it that girls constantly get the get-out-of-jail free card or are not treated equally to males as predators when they do predator-type things? I see stories of female teachers getting lighter sentences then male teachers who have inappropriate relations with under age children. I think the law should be the same from one sex (male & females) to the next, if you attempt or are successful having an inappropriate relationship with a minor you should be treated the same. I know many say the same old things when a girl is caught "oh boy, i wish my teachers were like that" or "oh boy why did I never have situations like this happen to me"... Its all horse****, a crime is a crime and to avoid jail after trying to perform oral sex on a 12 year old boy is beyond disgusting...

Elizabeth Garner -- who cheered for the Tennessee Titans until 2009 -- was arrested in Tennessee back in March for allegedly following the 12-year-old to a bathroom during a party in February hosted by the boy's mother.

Garner allegedly then grabbed the boy's penis over his shorts ... and attempted to remove them in order to perform oral sex on him. According to police, the boy said Garner asked if he'd ever been with a woman. Garner later told police she thought the boy was someone else (a grown man).

Garner -- who is married -- was subsequently charged with aggravated sexual battery and solicitation of a minor for rape of a child, but those charges were reduced to a single felony charge of reckless endangerment.

Now, TMZ Sports has learned Garner pled no contest back in October and was sentenced to 18 months probation, during which she must stay away from the boy and his family. She also has to submit to drug testing and attend AA sessions twice a week.

If Garner keeps her nose clean, the D.A. tells us her case will be expunged.

Makes you wonder ... would the outcome have been different if she were a man?

If this was already posted, please 86 this thread admin

Source
edit on 15-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
she must have shown the judge and da what exactly happened

She should receive the same record a male would

my first statement stands...
it is the only explanation

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I don't understand how an adult would see a 12 year old and believe that child was some grown up...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
And she doesn't even have to register as a sex offender, despite this act? I fully believe this would have had a far different outcome had this been a male attacking a 12 yr old female.

I don't understand the lack of justice for some, and legal overkill on others!

Well, the best thing we can do is to rally and draw attention to the case until someone takes another look, and finally agrees to do what "the people" believe is the best way to handle this idiot of a person.

Perhaps we should all try that "oops, I thought. . .' defense to try to get away with stuff. Oops, I thought that big plasma screen was something else, like a grape.

I hope this judge gets little to no sleep over their huge mistake of a judgement.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This has been posted before, but regardless it does raise a valid point.

I agree that such actions against children should be punished equally. But look at it this way. If a guy got a 12 yr old pregnant and she had the kid, he would be paying child support. Now reverse that. Would a 12yr old boy have to pay anything to support his kid with an adult woman? Unlikely.

Also, I remember what it was like to be a 12yr old boy. I think it's less she took advantage and more like she gave him an opportunity. But then maybe that's just me.

So yes, there needs to be equal accountability, but the situations present different challenges.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Exactly, I just feel that with gender equality growing each day, that we would see the same thing translate over to the court systems, but I guess not...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by jhn7537

This has been posted before, but regardless it does raise a valid point.

I agree that such actions against children should be punished equally. But look at it this way. If a guy got a 12 yr old pregnant and she had the kid, he would be paying child support. Now reverse that. Would a 12yr old boy have to pay anything to support his kid with an adult woman? Unlikely.

Also, I remember what it was like to be a 12yr old boy. I think it's less she took advantage and more like she gave him an opportunity. But then maybe that's just me.

So yes, there needs to be equal accountability, but the situations present different challenges.

Well, I'm not sure if that comparison is a truly apples to apples, but I understand where you're coming from. At the minimum she should have to register as a sex offender. What bothers me is that I've known of numerous cases where guys had to register for taking a pee outside in the public, like an alley next to a bar... I'm not seeing how that is any worse then what this girl did in this story

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would be POed if that happened to my boy, and all she got was a slap on the wrist.

But that said you can file me under the "why couldn't that stuff have happened to me" category.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

terriblyvexed
I would be POed if that happened to my boy, and all she got was a slap on the wrist.

But that said you can file me under the "why couldn't that stuff have happened to me" category.

Trust me, consider yourself lucky this type of stuff never happened to you. I've read of cases of these young boys/girls having serious psychological issues from being taken advantage of at a young age..

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

jhn7537
Why is it that girls constantly get the get-out-of-jail free card or are not treated equally to males as predators

It's because American culture makes women out to be sex objects, so instances of male victimization by women is considered less serious.
Fun fact: Sexual abuse happens to males too, arguably just as often. Next time you see a female complaining about how sexual abuse is this huge horrible female issue, remind them that it's a human issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with gender.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There is no socially 'acceptable' solution for this type of behavior.

I am of the opinion that the perpetrator needs to be given a choice:
1. Stoned to death in the public square.
2. Required to perform this act, anytime, on-demand, at the victim's whim.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

trollz

jhn7537
Why is it that girls constantly get the get-out-of-jail free card or are not treated equally to males as predators

It's because American culture makes women out to be sex objects, so instances of male victimization by women is considered less serious.
Fun fact: Sexual abuse happens to males too, arguably just as often. Next time you see a female complaining about how sexual abuse is this huge horrible female issue, remind them that it's a human issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with gender.

Nicely put and I do agree with you with how our American culture looks at women, but I can't seem to get passed the idea of reversing this situation with a man doing this to a young female and if he was just slapped on the wrist the whole world would be in uproar...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Divine Strake
And she doesn't even have to register as a sex offender, despite this act? I fully believe this would have had a far different outcome had this been a male attacking a 12 yr old female.

I didn't see that mentioned in the story, could you provide a link for that.

And I agree completely with you, if this was a male, they would be doing prison time.

How does it go from solicitation of a minor for rape to endangerment? That's messed up. And if she keeps her nose clean her record will be expunged? That's just disgusting.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If I had to guess, in order to get a charge of sexual battery of a child reduced to reckless endangerment, you may have to perform oral sex on the DA and the Judge. From this story, that seems entirely likely to be the case.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yes if it were reversed the guy would be in trouble. But which 12 year old will look back on his experience at 12 years old with an NFL cheerleader as traumatic. I have to say though, even if he feels like getting all his birthday presents of a lifetime at once, he still incurs the risk of an STD.
edit on 15-11-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

However the Judge is there to judge, and mandatory equality or mandatory sentencing go hand in hand and why have one there if not to do what he was pout there to do not just guilty or not but severity and intent this would take away.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
tweaker face.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

As a male, I see men and women differently. Nearly every twelve year old boy is/was fantasizing about exactly what happened in this case. I attentively protect my daughters chastity, but I teach my sons to be respectful and honor the chastity of females, I am not very concerned with my boys chastity. Maybe it is a societal mindset, or quite possibly it is a spiritual mindset that believes females should be protected from societal standards that have made women sexual objects- I can't give you a definitive answer. Unfortunately for me, it was always the trashy looking older females that took interest in me, and I wanted no part in that, but an ex-cheerleader? We have some real problems when a twelve year old boy reports an ex-cheerleader for [unwanted] sexual advances.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

onthedownlow
reply to post by jhn7537

As a male, I see men and women differently. Nearly every twelve year old boy is/was fantasizing about exactly what happened in this case. I attentively protect my daughters chastity, but I teach my sons to be respectful and honor the chastity of females, I am not very concerned with my boys chastity. Maybe it is a societal mindset, or quite possibly it is a spiritual mindset that believes females should be protected from societal standards that have made women sexual objects- I can't give you a definitive answer. Unfortunately for me, it was always the trashy looking older females that took interest in me, and I wanted no part in that, but an ex-cheerleader? We have some real problems when a twelve year old boy reports an ex-cheerleader for [unwanted] sexual advances.

A 12 year old boy is in what 5th or 6th grade? That's a baby and I think its kinda sick that you find a problem with a 12 year old boy not wanting to be raped (or taken advantage of) by an older lady... The first part of your post I can see your point, but the last point I will never agree with. This is what's wrong with our society where we have people who believe stuff like this is okay, if you're a boy... Sigh...

And one other thing, cheerleaders from NFL teams are beautiful ladies who are in fantastic shape, she can get men her own age, to think she went out of her way to be a predator towards a 12 year old shows me that she has serious problems and the boy could have been in some kind of danger... No beautiful women in their right mind would ever try to do this with a 12 year old, unless she had a few screws loose in her brain...
edit on 15-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

There is a different standard for boys and girls. I think the standard exist because boys can't get pregnant and also boys penetrate while girls don't. Neither though really applies to oral sex. At 12 I probably would have been too scared to let it happen, but the only damage that would have been done was the regrets later on for not letting it happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join