It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Finds Horrifying Secret Room in His Home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This was staged BS.

The banana peel gave it away immediately.

Calling it like I see it.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

littled16
If I ever find some creep living in my walls and stealing my candy it will be WAR!!!!!
Don't be messing with my candy yo!!!

I needed a good laugh today thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

So did he use a BIG or small banana for comparison......lol what a load of bull.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I say fake.. The Banana skin is not even brown, so they have just left or it's a fake. ??

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

How does a person live in a house for a year and not notice the space unaccounted for that this room would occupy? also the banana peel for scale is unnecessary as the candy wrappers are adequate enough for that purpose.... and who in the world stops to eat a banana upon finding a secret room ?? Banana peels brown within five or ten minutes. And in all that time the parents never noticed this large bookshelf in their bedroom being opened in the middle of the night? I read this was proven fake but it seems so obvious without needing proof...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I live in the Uk have since the day i was born many many moons ago and never once have i come across anyone call any sweets ......... candy

candy is not a british word we just dont use it now spice or sweets yes candy NO

HOAX

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Looks to me like they may have found Ned & Zed's dungeon. Did they flee and take the Gimp with them, or is he sleeping down there chained up somewhere? Pretty creepy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

YOU internet people??? Like you not on the internet.

man, 'some' of these ATS people are really weird!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I was also thinking of checking our bookshelf until I realized that we put the bookshelf there ourselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Either someone took picture of Mitt Romney's new home, or at least got an idea from it...

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 18-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My opinion exactly...im thinking homeless feller sneaking in and out....id leave em a note haha...get some dialogue going.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It was on reddit and it turns out to be fake.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Staged. He says it's halloween candy, but I don't know anyone that's giving out regular size candy bars... which those butterfingers certainly are not small size.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I have to agree with you, that banana peel is very fresh. I would like a secret basement, it would come in handy for a food pantry. Why would he complain, he got extra rooms.

Kick the bum out and secure the basement.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

35Foxtrot

Cuervo

TheProphetMark

Whoever made that has the spirit of the Anti-Christ within them. They lied to make their well thought up story to go viral. My evidence that proves they lied? The banana peel and how it looks fresh which implies they placed it there just moments before taking the picture. Looks like they just threw a blanket down and a bunch of candy wrappers down to dress it up.

Sorry but it just looks staged to me.

Did you read the whole article? It says that it is fresh.

When I was little, we found a place in our basement where a guy was camping out and sneaking in-and-out while we were gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to others.

I don't think anyone's saying the room ain't real. But... that banana is fresh. When people on imgur pointed that out, the kid added that he had the fresh banana in the shot "for scale." Really. A banana. For scale. Set aside the fact that bananas come in different sizes so using one would not be very effective "for scale," it's just an odd thing. "Dude, we found this hidden room! Can you pass me a banana? MMMM that was good. Let's use it for scale."
Just too odd. Put the story is creepy. And, I WILL be checking all bookshelves in my apartment tonight.

"Banana for scale" is a running joke/meme on imgur, you can read about it here. You can also find more by googling or searching on imgur.

As you can see, this is a joke, and therefore shouldn't be a key factor in deciding if this is a hoax or whatever.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OP I wonder who does the vacuuming?
Limbo

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

If a wet girl comes out of my TV im hitting it lol the wifey has been being mean lately. Anyways he should just start charging rent and back pay hes obviously a quiet tenant and youll never know hes there.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Now here's where I cannot grasp this story and proclaim it believable.

The kid left is mom, dad and brother at this house. Now I'm no parent, but I would not let my child go off like that. Come on. Don't get me wrong, if my kids would be in danger, I would get them out of there.

To me this seems to be a panic room. Simple as that.

I have to admit that I have made up my fair share of paranormal stories (pictures, bios, locations the whole nine yards). This one is amateur at best

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The comments make me crack up lol.

I am also staying at a friends house, because someone found my secret room, and knows I stole their candy.

+1 for banana scale. I wasnt sure if candy bars were full or fun size until then.

You found a panic room. Likely your parents "get high and eat the kids candy" room too.

This is so wrong. Bookcase doors are supposed to hide mad science labs and wizard dungeons, not hidey-holes for creepy children!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the banana peel is not what screams hoax to me. it's the fact that there is only one way in and one way out and that's through the house. there's no way they would miss someone sneaking into their house and into that room (and back out again for bathroom trips, etc) on a regular basis.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join