It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Chris Hadfield Sings David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” On Board the International Space S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Astronaut Chris Hadfield Sings David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” On Board the International Space Station

This is one of all time favorites by David Bowie and Chris sings it brilliant on the ISS
If you haven't seen it before, enjoy....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I read about this last month in Macleans. They explain how this came about:

www2.macleans.ca...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Amazing what they go through in the ISS and how dangerous it can be. I read what you linked to and was amazed at how they got on with it.
That song which David Bowie gave permission for him to record and sing brings a lot of good memories for me. I used to listen to all his songs but didn't like his last album one little bit which was not like him.
Hope you liked it and will see if there is an extended version by him but don't think there is...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Wish I could SnF you 100 times.

I'll never hear that song the same way again.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
you think he retired cause nasa were going to sack him for that alone?mean letting a guitar go down space station like that surprised me considering if it hit something it could have put everyone in danger. just a thought

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Maybe it was secured before lift off and when he landed eventually. Was a one off I reckon though...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

He's 54. Time to retire. There are other new stories on Chris at Macleans.

www2.macleans.ca...

Just use their search.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Maybe not, oldest so,far was :

The first American to orbit the Earth, John Glenn made history again when, at the age of 77, he became the oldest person to travel in space. But before he was nationally recognized as a hero, he had put his life on the line for his country many times.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
this was a ... well.. to put it mildly a "few moths ago"...

Still... chris sure knows way more than the average operative. I mean... check the other interviews. I think hes an astronaut, an exobiologist, a physicist, a rocket scientist, and a lot more all in one... hes a expert an his opinion is asked in a vast and diverse array of subjects... which he never says "well I dont know... I'm just the guy up there"... he always has the explanation... very good indeed, super-einstein.

Or... hes a fake on a fish tank, working for the navy, on a swimming pool with a very good photo op, with very good photo and video post- processing and photo editing.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yes it was a few months ago, but still a great way he sang it and the view was breathtaking...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In the words of my son's generation, that was Adorable! Talented, with heart and soul.

Worried about people in space right now with the electric comets in the vicinity. Glad he's back on earth.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That was awesome. Can't believe 19,000,000 views before I even saw it. Bowie must be proud!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by teslarocks

You are the 19,000,001 viewer now

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
this was a ... well.. to put it mildly a "few moths ago"...

Still... chris sure knows way more than the average operative. I mean... check the other interviews. I think hes an astronaut, an exobiologist, a physicist, a rocket scientist, and a lot more all in one... hes a expert an his opinion is asked in a vast and diverse array of subjects... which he never says "well I dont know... I'm just the guy up there"... he always has the explanation... very good indeed, super-einstein.

Or... hes a fake on a fish tank, working for the navy, on a swimming pool with a very good photo op, with very good photo and video post- processing and photo editing.

I vote for the latter, with these 'special effects' carrying most
of the weight of his tiring performances.

He is a fraud working for frauds carrying out a fraud.

Did I say fraud? Oh Yes. Yes I did!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OneFreeMan

Don't know how you can say he's a fraud but it's a great song anyway regardless....

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

We're pretty proud of our boy!!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

scotsdavy1

Don't know how you can say he's a fraud but it's a great song anyway regardless....

Easy. He is a fraud.
A great song butchered by this actor. The changing of some
of the lyrics is so cheesy, as is the whole of that video.
None of those shots are genuine and are what and from where they report to be.
That is one expensively dreadful rendition he gives though.
Does any science actually get done by him? All I see him doing is
showing us how he shaves and brushes his teeth.

It's a joke and I feel sorry for those who cannot see through it.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Tell you what, do a little research(like the rest of us have). You'll find that he isn't a fraud. Check Google if you need. I won't do your homework for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

OneFreeMan
He is a fraud. ...None of those shots are genuine and are what and from where they report to be.

Of course, you're prepared to prove that your opinion is more than just rectally sourced, right?
edit on 17-11-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: of spelling, eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

And rightly so

top topics

join