It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet games and stories, put yours here.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Please share the games you play with your pet and or any stories you have. I will start it off.

Game: I had two cats, brothers. When I came home from work, first thing is to head for the bathroom and peel off the clothes, jump in the shower and wash it all away. I left my clothes in a heap on the floor while all this took place. I had been out in another environment, and my clothes smelled 'other' to the cats. They would creep with exaggerated caution into the bathroom, like the Bomb Squad approaches a bomb. Slowly, every sense alert, every muscle tense they would approach the pile of clothes. Just when they were almost there, I would shriek and make a sudden movement. lol. Both cats would levitate straight up in the air and be halfway out the bathroom door before their feet hit the ground. hehehe. Would crack me up. We would play at least once again before they got over it. Never got old. Every Time I came home, same game. This is how I learned cats love to be scared and play 'BOO'.

Story: People tell you that cats cannot be trained, not true. I hate repetitive anything, sounds, movement, drives me nuts. My cats would come to bed, when I did, settle in and then begin to groom. Lick lick lick,. Uh, no. To be able to fall asleep without becoming irritated I decided something had to change. When they started that behavior, I would say 'cut it out' and loft them out of bed. One minute they were settling, licking and the next sailing through the air to the floor. Rinse, repeat. Over a period of about a month, being consistent, they figured it out and at the words 'cut it out' the licking would immediately cease, stillness would ensue and all would be at peace.

Hope you enjoyed my contributions, please add your own.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How about a game my dog plays with me? It's like having an annoying little brother.
It doesn't matter why I get up and leave the room, or where he is when I do.
The minute I am off the couch, he jumps up, stretches out, and lays in my spot. Every dang time.
I walk back in the room, he picks his head up, looks at me like "what?"
And he will stay there, until I say "move!" at least twice.
He has been doing this for about 6 months now. Crazy dog.

Of course, he is a bulldog. Stubborn as hell.

Fun idea for a thread!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

The minute I am off the couch, he jumps up, stretches out, and lays in my spot. Every dang time.
Adorable! He just wants to be close
lol. Seriously what is up with that??

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My cat and I play "Monster under the Bed". Basically, how we play it is this: He hides somewhere either behind or under my bed and attempts to draw my attention to his presence by making cute little pitiful mewling kitten sounds. The moment my head pops into his range of view, he jumps out at my face with front paws outstretched. If behind my bed, he'll dive the front portion of his body through the slats and attack my pillow if I chose to ignore his mews.

Rinse and repeat about a thousand times. My youngest made the mistake of trying to hide under my bed the other night but that got "His" interest...Apparently, he gave her a look that had her screaming for me to pull her out by her arms.

He's a monster under the bed.
He's adorable, cute and fluffy. Beautiful kitty but the root of all evil and slightly sadistic. Thankfully, he's grown out of it somewhat so this is no longer a several times a night while trying to get to sleep kind of game.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

My cat and I play "Monster under the Bed".

lol Yeah cats have their own sense of humor for sure. Bedtime games can get old quick, glad to hear he is getting past that one.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Had a cool ass cat, flame point? siamese. would play fetch with my cigarette cellophane.

A lot of my friends would mess with him playfully and when they were done thought it was over...LOL...that cat would sneak around the living room and like sneak attack them from behind whatever chair they were sitting in.

Lucky for him his best friend was a 160# Rott named UNK...that kept my friends in check if gizmo the cat drew blood lol

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Iamschist
reply to post by WhiteAlice

My cat and I play "Monster under the Bed".

lol Yeah cats have their own sense of humor for sure. Bedtime games can get old quick, glad to hear he is getting past that one.

Me, too. He keeps himself well rounded by also having a "wake up" game. Some mornings, he hops on my chest to lick my nose til I wake. Other mornings, it's cat and mouse time and I'm the oversized mouse. He keeps me on my toes.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
one other game but wasn't really a game.
My first rottweiler I got in the mid 80s, when Rotts were pretty much unheard of here in the states.

My wife had to put away everything she owned because his game was to find it and chew it up. He did not like her.

A good test of character though. Should have wrapped a pair of her socks around her neck one night lol

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

My cats like to play a funny little game that I like to call "Let's leave dead things as gifts for that lady that we let feed us" . It's an amusing game where the cats leave dead things directly in front of the steps or in front of my driver's side car door in order to either A. Give me an aerobic workout or B. Give me a brain aneurism that leaves me completely at their mercy...... I'm leaning towards B!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I used to play a game with my Mother in Laws Siamese kitten which I bought for her and she named Lionel, called 'Don't Eat The Chair' it stopped when he grew out of it but I still miss it. I play a game called 'Green Day' with my girlfriends two cats which involves a green feather boa on elastic fixed to a stick. We enjoy it but it ain't 'Don't Eat The Chair' with Lionel the Siamese kitten.
Ah the folly of youth.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My ten year old border collie loves to play a game with me every single morning. Whether he can see my eyes or even knows I am awake, he either taps me with a paw or jumps up on two of his front paws and licks my face until I get up.
Never fails except the odd time I get up,before him then he seems to go in a mood because I beat him to it!
He needs to go outside to do his business so that's one of the reasons he does it.
Whether I'm tired or not, I can't resist his little eyes looking at me the way he does.

Here he is on Facebook lol

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Teaching a cat to fetch! That is talent.
Siamese too, amazing, beautiful animals. UNK sounds like the perfect best friend.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

tinner07
one other game but wasn't really a game.
My first rottweiler I got in the mid 80s, when Rotts were pretty much unheard of here in the states.

My wife had to put away everything she owned because his game was to find it and chew it up. He did not like her.

A good test of character though. Should have wrapped a pair of her socks around her neck one night lol

Ok I know you meant that funny, but ouch! Rotts are powerful big dogs!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

littled16

My cats like to play a funny little game that I like to call "Let's leave dead things as gifts for that lady that we let feed us" . It's an amusing game where the cats leave dead things directly in front of the steps or in front of my driver's side car door in order to either A. Give me an aerobic workout or B. Give me a brain aneurism that leaves me completely at their mercy...... I'm leaning towards B!

Hahaha, now that is true cat love, those little 'presents'.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

hotel1
I used to play a game with my Mother in Laws Siamese kitten which I bought for her and she named Lionel, called 'Don't Eat The Chair' it stopped when he grew out of it but I still miss it. I play a game called 'Green Day' with my girlfriends two cats which involves a green feather boa on elastic fixed to a stick. We enjoy it but it ain't 'Don't Eat The Chair' with Lionel the Siamese kitten.
Ah the folly of youth.

Well now 'Don't eat the chair' sounds different, how was that game played?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
My ten year old border collie loves to play a game with me every single morning. Whether he can see my eyes or even knows I am awake, he either taps me with a paw or jumps up on two of his front paws and licks my face until I get up.
Never fails except the odd time I get up,before him then he seems to go in a mood because I beat him to it!
He needs to go outside to do his business so that's one of the reasons he does it.
Whether I'm tired or not, I can't resist his little eyes looking at me the way he does.

Here he is on Facebook lol

They are so smart those Border Collies! He is a handsome fella, so alert! I admire him on your avatar. I think they do get miffed to, our pets.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

That's Pauly, the telekinetic cat. Loooook into hees eyes..you will obey.

Unlike our other cats, that scratched at the door if they wanted out. He would simply stare at the doorknob.
Motionless, staring. That's because he knew it would open. Didn't matter how long it took. Eventually, I would get off my butt and open it. Sometimes I waited 40 minutes, just to see if he would give up...He never did. It was over me, that he had the power.

Another cat of mine, name Kinx, a HUGE fellow,played the food game.
Me with a plate of food, he would walk over, Stare at me, put his paw ON my sandwich, then look at me again. As if to say "you know I just played in the litter, gonna eat that now?"

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Another cat of mine, name Kinx, a HUGE fellow,played the food game.
Me with a plate of food, he would walk over, Stare at me, put his paw ON my sandwich, then look at me again. As if to say "you know I just played in the litter, gonna eat that now?"

Highly effective strategy that, Kinx, lmao. Pauly the patient. He did have control and skills, he could move a human with his mind!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

He could control humans!

BTW about training. they were all trained to come home when I opened the door and shook my car keys.
All it took was catnip pellets, after a few shakes. repeated that a few times, it didn't take very long.
I decided that was WAY better than standing outside, calling ridiculous pet names in the middle of the street, in the middle of the night.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

spacedoubt

He could control humans!

BTW about training. they were all trained to come home when I opened the door and shook my car keys.
All it took was catnip pellets, after a few shakes. repeated that a few times, it didn't take very long.
I decided that was WAY better than standing outside, calling ridiculous pet names in the middle of the street, in the middle of the night.

Addicting kitties to drugs is way better! LOL. I made the mistake of starting mine on canned food, the sound of that lid opening brought on a stampede.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join