It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police say MI6 spy killed himself…

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is old dog trying to play old trick on new audience.

For those of you who did not know…

On 23rd August 2010, GCHQ communications officer Gareth Williams, on a secondment with MI6, was found naked and padlocked inside a sports bag in a bath tub. As you will see from the linked article, the main point of investigation was wether Gareth was able to padlock himself into the bag.

The coroner came to the conclusion that this was an unlawful killing and Mr Williams family stood by this, and still do.

However, today, the Metropolitan police have "Come to the conclusion" that Gareth Williams death was an accident. Yes, an ACCIDENT. I know that behind closed doors many people do many strange things to get off.

But come on, a GCHQ and MI6 employee, who was considered a spy, accidentally locked himself in a bag?

Please.

Here is the link…

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 13-11-2013 by brace22 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry but what does M16 mean? Can you elaborate on that background more?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight
I'm sorry but what does M16 mean? Can you elaborate on that background more?

MI6 is the UKs intelligence service that spy's (whatever you want to call it) on foreign interests

MI5 is the UKs intelligence service for domestic interests

I think that's right

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

MI6 = Secret Intelligence Service. Basically deals with all international stuff.

Also the I is an i. not a 1.
edit on 13-11-2013 by brace22 because: Add on

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I know that people who work for MI6 have to have special qualities about them but killing yourself them putting yourself into a duffle bag then padlocking it on the outside is a whole new breed..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This reeks of cover-up.

How on Earth did they reach this conclusion? I'm completely baffled by this.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Every time I see this story I run down the links for a cause of death, but I never find it. (I don't claim that I've been closely following this story. I'm just a curious onlooker.)

I only mention this because it seems the cause of death would be crucial in what one would be willing to believe. I mean, if he were shot 4 times in the back of the head, I'd find it less likely to be accidental than if he merely had a single large lump over his ear.

OP, do you happen to know the proximate cause of his death?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ex_CT2
Every time I see this story I run down the links for a cause of death, but I never find it. (I don't claim that I've been closely following this story. I'm just a curious onlooker.)

I only mention this because it seems the cause of death would be crucial in what one would be willing to believe. I mean, if he were shot 4 times in the back of the head, I'd find it less likely to be accidental than if he merely had a single large lump over his ear.

OP, do you happen to know the proximate cause of his death?

You won't find it anywhere. Nobody seems to know. . .crazy, isn't it?

The whole thing is a mess that will be swept under the rug. Even the family seem to have accepted this, which I find strange.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ye, even though MI6 background check these code breakers to the point they know everything about them; who there parents are, who there parents parents were, who they have as associates, who associates with them associates.

One of MI6's best code breakers, and we're led to believe he was a cross dressing raging homosexual who likes to trap him self in closed places in his free time...Ye, we'll lap that up

Bull#. Total bull#.

In my opinion, its a cover up - played on him been a homosexual and closed the case on accident suicide by trapping him self in a suit case and locking it. Yes, locking it. You read that right. LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Nice try with the cover up story.
Sounds more like he got whacked.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Most definitely bull.

I cannot believe they expect us to believe it. No one will.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yeah, I recently saw a video interview of Michael Hastings' brother. He played everything down, down, down. Wouldn't say a word against anyone. Family accepts that it was just a terrible accident, drugs involved, LA police very nice, extremely professional investigation, yada, yada, yada.

Are they threatened, bought out, told not to rock the boat? Who knows? It's hard to fight City Hall; we all know that. But sometimes I just don't get it....

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

That is what I am saying? Guy was whacked and they are covering it up?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

This echoes reports of microbiologists who committed suicide with multiple gunshot wounds to the head.

Uh huh.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

wlasikiewicz
reply to post by brace22

I know that people who work for MI6 have to have special qualities about them but killing yourself them putting yourself into a duffle bag then padlocking it on the outside is a whole new breed..

Actually the ubsurdity is even worse when you think about it the police say for some reason he padlocked himself inside a duffle bag. Im assuming this is an army duffle bag then doesnt stop there he kills himself somehow because there not sure how.Yet apparently had nothing on him or they would know how it was done. So this only leads to two logical conclusions either the police investigator is smoking dope. Or MI6 sent in a cleaner crew to dispose of evidence and he was told from higher up it was a suicide.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That’s really not all that unusual when you consider other curious suicides. You have women who like to throw themselves inside water towers on top of hotels. You have nuclear physicists throwing themselves off ledges to their deaths. NY madam’s hanging themselves because they got nothing better to do, investigative reporters driving top speeds on a freeway with hand held firmly behind the back....

As all of you know, the above examples are true and proven to be clear suicides. No murder, nothing sinister, just people offing themselves for # and giggles. So this guy was more creative about the way he went out. Give him a little credit for originality.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just to say…

There are a lot of people joking around about how "Creative" this guy was in suicide (even though it wasn't)

Will you please show some respect? No matter what happened this man died and his family had to deal with that. Thought ATS was better than that.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

brace22
Just to say…

There are a lot of people joking around about how "Creative" this guy was in suicide (even though it wasn't)

Will you please show some respect? No matter what happened this man died and his family had to deal with that. Thought ATS was better than that.

We are not the ones that tied him up, killed him and stuck his body in a bag. It's called cynicism and since 'we' don't care enough to hold our governments accountable for their outrages behaviors there no point in busting our balls here.

Besides people cope with pain differently, ever think of that?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

But come on, a GCHQ and MI6 employee, who was considered a spy, accidentally locked himself in a bag?

his profession is irrelevant

the questions are :

was it physically possible for him to do what was nessecary to create the scene found - UNAIDED

the precence of absence of signs of a struggle / violence / restraint

toxicological results that would indicate 3rd party poisioning / sedation

etc - you know facts

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

You cannot justify the governments mishaps as being in pain for this. I do not think we are suffering personally because this man died.

Im not talking about on a complex level of how it all affects us. I am purely saying we should show some respect.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join