It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Market Wins Again! 3 20 year olds + 3 days = Fully functional Obamacare website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I wonder how many millions these 20 year olds used to make their website.....

Not surprised at all, the free market is always finding solutions to the problems that big government burdens us with.

Maybe instead of GIVING (yes giving) 600 MILLION dollars in a NO COMPETE CONTRACT to Michelle Obama's roommate, they could just pay a real tech company to roll out their colossal failure of a healthcare program on time and without waste.

But then again, this is big government, I don't think they can do anything on time and without waste.

benswann.com...

The Obama Administration has spent multiple years and over $634 million to build the Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov. Despite all of the time and money poured into the site, it still remains broken and glitchy.

Meanwhile in San Francisco, three 20-year-olds were able to build their own Obamacare website that actually works — and they did it in just three days.

Ning Liang, George Kalogeropoulos and Michael Wasser built HealthSherpa.com, which presents the Obamacare marketplace in a much simpler, more effective manner than HealthCare.gov does.

Currently, users must enter all of their personal information into the HealthCare.gov system before even getting a quote. On HealthSherpa.com, however, users only need to enter their zip code to see all of the plans and available pricing.

Liang said, “[The government] got it completely backwards in terms of what people want up front. They want prices and benefits, so that they could make the decision.”

Read more: benswann.com...
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

edit on 13-11-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Already Posted -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second line

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'm convinced this whole "failure" was staged. But then again, you can't take anything that happens with this government at face value. You always have to be looking for their scheming and lying in every microscopic detail. More often than not, you'll find it if you look hard enough.

I think this was a deliberate delay. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is but it just seems too obviously FUBAR to have been a genuine mistake.

I think they're leaving themselves room to tweak it before they get millions of people locked into their shiny new padded cell.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Oh the frenzy.

BTW, i for one am irritated about the fact that those 2 websites are not comparable, still folks are comparing.

People in the know, knows this.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I haven't looked at the websites but i need to ask..

Obama's website went live and had how many millions of people querying it.

Has this website these 2x 20yrs old made gone under the same stress test?

Or is this more anti-obama blinker syndrome..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The user on the kids' site only has to enter a zipcode and all available plans pop up. The Obamacare website needs all your private information first.

Sounds to me like the kids did a better job already.
edit on 13-11-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Yehh, sounds to me that you are failing to understand the issues in website development.

Those two sites are not comparable to each other in multiple ways. Whole site-balooza is working as a distraction for people, seemingly.

It is true, that obamacare website should not cost billions, but it is also true that those kids who made the site, has not made a viable option for the obamacare job. Security does have a pricetag, so does performance. How about governmental integration? A Pricetag. Combine some of these features and you can multiply the pricetag once again.

It is pure mistake to compare those websites like apples to apples. A Mistake.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
But they're too young to drink!

...Huh? They weren't drinking? Ah...I assumed alcohol was involved. Why else would anyone want to fix the damned thing?
edit on 13-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This reminds me of Nasa spending millions to create an ink pen that could write in space.

The Russian solution was to use a pencil and not spend millions.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What they did is the simplest part of the site, and I'm positive it can not handle the load required by healthcare.gov. The hardest part by far is exchanging data between many different parties in several different formats securely.

The site they built is not really remotely equivalent to healthcare.gov despite the propaganda suggesting it is. Don't get me wrong healthcare.gov is an unmitigated inexcusable disaster, but this comparison only makes any one using it look bad.

new topics

top topics

join