It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Funds Installation of White Boxes That Can Track Population of Entire City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm guessing this is the right forum to put this in.
I'd like to put it in a more heavily trafficked forum to get attention to this.
Not stars or flags, but bring awareness.

(PrisonPlanet.com)-Federal agency, police refuse to explain mesh network planned for “citywide deployment” in Seattle

Strange new off-white boxes popping up in downtown Seattle use wi-fi networks that can record the last 1,000 locations of a person using their cellphone’s MAC address, but the Department of Homeland Security – which funded the network to the tune of $2.7 million dollars – has refused to address the nightmare privacy implications of a system that could lead to the permanent tracking of an entire city’s population.

www.prisonplanet.com...

^The video there is from the local news in Seattle^ (Worth taking a look at.)

And there's also this...

Company Admits New ‘Smart’ Street Lights Can Analyze Voices, Track People

(PrisonPlanet.com)-The company behind a new ‘smart’ street lighting system which is being rolled out in major cities like Las Vegas admits that the technology has the capability of analyzing voices and tracking people, features that will aid the Department of Homeland Security in “protecting its citizens.”

www.prisonplanet.com...

I'm fully aware of how people on ATS slam most anything provided by AJ's sites, but this isn't about him, the info speaks for itself.

Look into this for yourself and decide for yourself.

The conclusion I've come to, is, the endgame is being put into place.
I'm not paranoid. but neither am I a fool.
It doesn't take a genius to read the writing on the wall.

This would make 1984 look like a comedy.

Just my 2 cents
~Cheers~

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is past curfew. Let me see your papers. They are not in order. Arrest em. What cha gonna do, what cha gonna do when they come for you. BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS. Comming soon to a street light nearest you. he,he,he
Do they take photo's too.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Seattle is a "Constitution Free Zone"! This wasn't implemented by Homeland Security by accident at that location!

Notice how the LEO's are silent when questioned on it's purpose?

I live in a Constitution Free Zone because of my location to Lake Erie and Canada. Erie, PA being the closest city to me at the border. I don't see anything like this happening in Erie, PA just due to the population, compared to Seattle, but I would suggest those whom live in these Constitution Free Zones to pay attention!!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well, they can try. Use the Google machine and search :

"how to spoof cellphone mac address"
    "how to spoof cell phone number"

That should take care of much of the problem.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I know this thread isn't about the "Constitution Free Zone", but if that aint enough to chill your blood I don't know what is.

People said never again after Katrina, then here comes Boston. Amazing when you consider that city's history when it comes to freedom, and sad too.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Bassago

Well, they can try. Use the Google machine and search :

"how to spoof cellphone mac address"
    "how to spoof cell phone number"

That should take care of much of the problem.

And not only that mate, but anyone with a single brain cell would already know, that includes the goons working for the DHS, that any 'terroist' domestic or foreign would not be able to be tracked using this kind of system.

Pay as you go phones, each activated only once, and only used once and then dismantled and dumped cannot be tracked, no matter how many off white boxes are installed.

Nobody is going to be involved in crime, of any sort and use the same phone to conduct their crimes, except for the really naive or stupid...and if terrorists are so idiotic, we wouldn't have been fighting them for years so far.

No...these are not so-called 'anti-terror' installations.

They, meaning tptb 'they', are quite happy with the way things have gone down with the recent spying leaks, the backlash has been relatively mild, nowhere near as bad as it could have been, and now being freshly emboldened and full of confidence in their ability to ride roughshod over the US constitution and the rights and privacy of their countryfolk for all intents and purposes virtually unchallenged, they are now rolling out this tracking system, not for use against would-be terrorists, as per the often used excuse, they are using this to track and spy on the minute by minute, second by second movements and daily dealings of ordinary American citizens.

That's it, no terrorists required.

And when this latest atrocity against privacy and rights only attracts a few whimpers and a few banner waving marches and not much else? They'll be installing the latest version of this tracking tech right there inside every single private home, school, doctors office and probably even in the church confessional box.

And when that doesn't raise more than a few outraged citizens weakly asking for their rights back...then they'll roll out the next phase..whatever nighmare that will involve.

edit on 13-11-2013 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

It is simply going to be too late whenever people decide they might like to live under the constitution again. Today seems to be the only one we have left, yet no one seems to care enough to draw the line.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is Seattle always picked for these fun new gadgets first? Are they considered a good test city? I guess I will have to look up this 'No constitution zone" never heard of it.

Bad enough here in our small town, we have camera's everywhere. Although I don't know for how much longer, because someone has taken to hunting them. Such a shame.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Vegas is already signed up...cnet report

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wouldn't that only serve to make you a person of interest eliciting further attention?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Interesting, where are the people protest and complains also tax payers and voters forcing the police department and elected politicians to talk.

Well I thought America was still a land of laws and that the people still have some power, but I see that now states are becoming totalitarian entities where citizens are powerless.

And authorities answer to nobody.

BTW where are the privacy rights watch dogs on this one.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You have to track the prisoners.

Next up (inmate) National ID, UK style use of cameras and prison guard towers at walmart and grocery stores.

You say boom microphones? I say far range listening devices.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
They're spending an awful lot of money to watch me take out the trash once or twice every 3 days or so.

top topics

join