The way the media has played this story out, it would seem that thousands have been killed by these bastards, but the total is some what small. Maybe
its a non-story after all.
November 17, 2004
SYDNEY MORNING HERALD
Following is a list of foreign hostages known to have been killed:
- Jack Hensley and Eugene Armstrong, employees of a Gulf-based contractor, were beheaded by al-Qaeda-linked militants demanding the release of Iraqi
women prisoners. They were seized with British colleague Kenneth Bigley on September 16.
- Nicholas Berg, 26, a Jewish-American businessman was beheaded by al-Qaeda-linked militants in May after being kidnapped the previous month.
- The family of Margaret Hassan, a British-Irish aid worker, said today she had probably been killed by her captors. A video received but not
broadcast by the Al-Jazeera channel showed a blindfolded woman being shot. The British government also said she was probably dead.
- On October 8, the family of Kenneth Bigley, an employee of a Gulf-based contractor, said it had "absolute proof" that he was killed by his
- On August 11, Bulgaria confirmed that truck driver Ivailo Kepov, 32, had been beheaded by a group linked to the al-Qaeda network. He and another
truck driver, Georgy Lazov, 30, were kidnapped on July 8 near Mosul.
- Lazov was also beheaded and his body identified on July 22 after it was found floating in the River Tigris.
- On August 26, the so-called Islamic Army in Iraq said it executed Italian journalist Enzo Baldoni, who went missing with two French reporters.
- In April, Fabrizio Quattrocchi, one of four private security contractors who were kidnapped, was shot dead. The others werefreed in June during an
operation by US-led forces.
- Hussein Olayyan, 26, a telecommunications employee, had his throat slit in June after disappearing near Fallujah.
- On Oct 22, Macedonian officials identified from television footage two Macedonians - Zoran Nasovski and Dalibor Lazarevski - they said had been
executed by Islamic extremists in Iraq. The body of a third victim was unknown. Nasovski and Lazarevski were kidnapped along with a third Macedonian,
- On August 31, 12 workers taken hostage in Iraq by al-Qaeda-linked militants were executed, according to footage posted on an Islamist website.
- In late July, migrant workers Sajid Naeem, 29, and Azad Hussein Khan, 49, were killed by Islamic militants.
- In June, Islamic militants beheaded Kim Sun-Il, 30, after the South Korean government rejected an ultimatum to scrap plans to deploy more than 3,000
troops to Iraq and withdraw over 600 already in the country.
- On September 13, grisly footage of the execution of Turkish trucker Durmus Kumdereli was posted on an Islamist website.
- On September 2, militants said they had killed three other Turkish drivers, as the bodies of three Turks were found on the roadside north of
- Turkish driver Murat Yuce was executed and a video of his killing was released on August 2.
- The body of a blonde woman with her legs and arms cut off and throat slit was found on November 14 lying on a street in Fallujah, a notorious Iraqi
enclave for hostage-takers, US marines said.