It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's first moon mission enters lunar orbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
A fuel-efficient, compact spacecraft has made it into lunar orbit, signalling Europe's first successful mission to the moon and putting the inexpensive probe on course to study the lunar surface.

Europe's first moon mission enters lunar orbit

Will the ESA expose NASA of moon landing hoaxes from the space race age? Or better yet, will the ESA continue to assist in the alleged cover up?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Will the ESA expose NASA of moon landing hoaxes from the space race age? Or better yet, will the ESA continue to assist in the alleged cover up?

No because there is no coverup for gods sake. That has been discussed here so many times!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah...I'm getting sick and tired of defending the Apollo Astronauts ...
Man HAS walked on the Moon.
For Gods sake you sceptics let it go !

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
this is pretty cool. i remeber hearing that the chinese or japanes were going to send an satellite to orbit and photograph the moon and that they were going to use the images for games and stuff. they were also gonna take pictures of the lading sites of the apollo missions.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
it still has to use its ion enigne to get lower and closer in on the moons orbit, I believe its January when we will start seeing some amazing moon pics.

This thing has a 1 meter resolution, so we should be able to see the apollo moon lander and rover.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Mars Express has a camera w/ 2-4 meter resolution.

It has been snapping pictures for 10 months and exactly 0 images with that resolution have been released.

don't get your hopes up.

NASA?ESA cover-up

[edit on 17-11-2004 by moxyone]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
The Mars Express has a camera w/ 2-4 meter resolution.

It has been snapping pictures for 10 months and exactly 0 images with that resolution have been released.

don't get your hopes up.

NASA?ESA cover-up

[edit on 17-11-2004 by moxyone]

2-4, damn I though i remembered hearing 1?

isn't ESA funded by Europeans? if so, are they not obligated to show the pics since their people payed for it.

I dont belielve anything is on the moon (except for apollo stuff), so I dont see what there is to cover-up.

I guess it might be up to Nasa to show us some good moon pics, but that wont be till 2008, and i prefer not to wait that long.

One thing i'm really looking forward to is the VLT (Very Large Telescope), that thing should be completed in 2005, it has took 2 decades to build from the concept to taking pictures. Its actaully 4 telescopes that are networked to gether to get more data. Its 50 times more sensitive then the Hubble, in fact if they point them at the hubble telescope the could read and see Nasa's logo on the side of it, it will be powerful enough to not only see the moon in detail but to actually see astronauts.

so it shouldn't be long til we put the "Nasa Cover-up" garbage to bed.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Please tell me you're kidding...you are, right?

I can't wait to see some pics of the Apollo landings, hehe...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
When will the ESA start posting these pics? I an dying to search through them. What is the significance of even doing this on the moon? Aren't there other planets and moons with possible life that we should be exploring? I just don't understand the rationale behind it unless you are understanding the moon for mining or colonization.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

infinite8
What is the significance of even doing this on the moon? Aren't there other planets and moons with possible life that we should be exploring? I just don't understand the rationale behind it unless you are understanding the moon for mining or colonization.

Our moon is an excellant proving ground, its only a few days away, and you have no atmosphere or wind and dust (like Mars) so you dont have nearly as many maintanence issues. You can test ideas and concepts on the moon, and if they work good then they could go on to places like phobos (Mars moon), which is alot like our own moon. Science experiments would also play a big part. Or solar fields to beam power down to earth. Or a telescope that is on a firm object but has no atmosphere to distort the pictures. Or you could mine it and make rocket fuel for trips to mars or other deep space missions. The possibilities are endless.

top topics

join