It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pet theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I may need to go back and have another look at the material. I am contemplating doing a blue beam revisited thread.
Its been awhile since the boards have seen one and with some of the material we have been researching lately I think the theory needs another look.

I definitely reccomend taking a look at Redfern's Final Events in this context.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Right. 81% into Alien Dawn - the BBC/Bhm ink in glycerine metaphor is the same one as uses in the 1991 Ray Boeche memo. Book was written after this memo...curious bit of synchroninoty in action...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Ya know, it is really hard for me to swallow a lot of the stuff Redfern has to say, but I suppose its worth a look.
After all, lots of these guys mess with the occult stuff and that isn't even a question. It is fact.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Liminal buddies beyond space and time?

Did I get the memo on that one?

KPB

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Ya know, it is really hard for me to swallow a lot of the stuff Redfern has to say, but I suppose its worth a look.
After all, lots of these guys mess with the occult stuff and that isn't even a question. It is fact.

He doesn't believe in their interpretation: he's just reporting what he was told by these folks. The book also more or less tells you how you could try to get in touch with these folks yourself...I've thought about it but I'm chicken.

Also random thought about Speilburg. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is quite a departure from Close Encounter...seems like he remembered Vallee's advice.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Liminal buddies beyond space and time?

Did I get the memo on that one?

KPB

Angels and demons living in the borderlands between consensus waking reality and the dream/astral world.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Which folks?

KPB

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Which folks?

KPB

The Collins Elite.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Oh that's all?

I did that while in the womb.

It's overrated. Life is here and now.. we don't need to
Feed the bears except in rare circumstances.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Random thought on the bus: perhaps the phenomena represents a kind of 'uplifting' by the Ousiders. Perhaps TPTB are trying to avert a hard take off Singularity...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Random thought on the bus: perhaps the phenomena represents a kind of 'uplifting' by the Ousiders. Perhaps TPTB are trying to avert a hard take off Singularity...

Most beings in this neck of the woods are doofuses just like us. The Tptb, "aliens" and spirits" get way too much credit. In fact some come here to learn from pretty average humans.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

1ofthe9

JayinAR
reply to post by 1ofthe9

He doesn't believe in their interpretation: he's just reporting what he was told by these folks. The book also more or less tells you how you could try to get in touch with these folks yourself...I've thought about it but I'm chicken.

Also random thought about Speilburg. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is quite a departure from Close Encounter...seems like he remembered Vallee's advice.

If so I'm sure its the last time he will ever listen to Vallee. Haha
That movie sucked, man.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

1ofthe9

Most beings in this neck of the woods are doofuses just like us. The Tptb, "aliens" and spirits" get way too much credit. In fact some come here to learn from pretty average humans.

Well I'm not claiming to be preaching the UFO gospel. Just a bit of fun speculation on my part.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Had a random thought eariler: could the children of the 'secret schools'/Pulharich's space-kinds represent some kind of effort towards intelligence amplification in addition to the alien/paranormal weirdness sorrounding the whole thing?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Neat thread.

So, Doug Engelbart was heading up the Augmentation Research Center at SRI roughly at the same time Puharich was working there w/ Geller. He believed that the role of computers was to augment the human intellect, and was also one of the guys who gave us ARPANET. Funny little anecdote, makes you wonder if there might have been experimental overlap:

Andrija Puharich: An incredible but absolutely true scene took place when Uri Geller was working on one floor at Stanford Research Institute (SRI). They had Geller bending metal, teleporting things,demonstrating incidents of telepathy and clairvoyance-these things were happening all of the time. Well, unbeknownst to us at the time, there was another lab upstairs for ARPA-a computer network system. Somebody put two and two together and said: "Hey, there's a crazy kid downstairs who is bending metal and levitating things." So they cross-correlated and discovered that when Uri did something the computers would go wacko: program printouts would pop out - sometimes partly erased --- the power supply would go out on them and so on. "Somebody can affect the computer!" Panic ensued. A squad of colonels came out from Washington to sniff around and watch Uri do his thing. They came to me and said, "You know, our whole defense system is on computers and magnetic tapecards. Can this guy wipe them out? Would you cooperate?" So we took Geller to Bell Labs and to the Livermore Radiation Lab and they put together an elaborate set-up for magnetic shielding. They learned that he could wipe out anything on computer tape. They said to me, "This guy could start World War 3!"

www.sirbacon.org...

And here's a well done mini-doc on Engelbart's approach to IA:

Children of high intelligence, with their plasticine brains, would have made ideal subjects for testing Engelbart's techniques out.

Uh, if they didn't cause the computers to go haywire, that is.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Eidolon23

So, Doug Engelbart was heading up the Augmentation Research Center at SRI roughly at the same time Puharich was working there w/ Geller. He believed that the role of computers was to augment the human intellect, and was also one of the guys who gave us ARPANET. Funny little anecdote, makes you wonder if there might have been experimental overlap:

Andrija Puharich: An incredible but absolutely true scene took place when Uri Geller was working on one floor at Stanford Research Institute (SRI). They had Geller bending metal, teleporting things,demonstrating incidents of telepathy and clairvoyance-these things were happening all of the time. Well, unbeknownst to us at the time, there was another lab upstairs for ARPA-a computer network system. Somebody put two and two together and said: "Hey, there's a crazy kid downstairs who is bending metal and levitating things." So they cross-correlated and discovered that when Uri did something the computers would go wacko: program printouts would pop out - sometimes partly erased --- the power supply would go out on them and so on. "Somebody can affect the computer!" Panic ensued. A squad of colonels came out from Washington to sniff around and watch Uri do his thing. They came to me and said, "You know, our whole defense system is on computers and magnetic tapecards. Can this guy wipe them out? Would you cooperate?" So we took Geller to Bell Labs and to the Livermore Radiation Lab and they put together an elaborate set-up for magnetic shielding. They learned that he could wipe out anything on computer tape. They said to me, "This guy could start World War 3!"

www.sirbacon.org...

Give us a whole new meaning to the electric universe and our role in it.

Is it just me or is everything seemingly pointing to EM for answers?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Eidolon23
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Neat thread.

www.sirbacon.org...

And here's a well done mini-doc on Engelbart's approach to IA:

Children of high intelligence, with their plasticine brains, would have made ideal subjects for testing Engelbart's techniques out.

Uh, if they didn't cause the computers to go haywire, that is.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

Oh dear. I'm not sure what to make of this anymore. Its all so very strange and spooky.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Just had a thought reading your post:

What if most of what we're made out of is not matter but (some form of) electricity, EMF and the like?

Not measurable by current standards but vast, comparable to the energy needed to make atoms spin.
Some zero point charged energy that transpires in all things?

I'm kinda clutching at straws here but it's fun to think about

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
From wiki:

"Bardini points out that Engelbart was strongly influenced by the principle of linguistic relativity developed by Benjamin Lee Whorf. Where Whorf reasoned that the sophistication of a language controls the sophistication of the thoughts that can be expressed by a speaker of that language, Engelbart reasoned that the state of our current technology controls our ability to manipulate information, and that fact in turn will control our ability to develop new, improved technologies"

So we have the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis, intelligence amplification via computers, mysterious schools run by the big gov labs like Sandia that have to do with gifted children and supercomputers (if not darker and spookier things), and a bunch of odd ball academic computational linguistics people working on a way to talk to posthumans/aliens (the forgotten languages stuff).

Curiouser and curiouser...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Anyone else getting the same view per chance?

The UFO/alien thing has always been a matter of perception. It has to do with the limits of our perceptions and our intelligence, forced on us by our physical natures, versus the actual and complete nature of reality and who or what we might unknowingly share it with.

I think it's difficult to exactly and truthfully say that we are being manipulated by a force or forces with an agenda (or at least an agenda we can comprehend). I think it has more to do with us trying very hard to fill in the gaps of our knowledge by making assumptions.

A car that smashes a bug against its windshield doesn't have an agenda, but other bugs might assume that it does.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join