It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US counterinsurgency fails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just before we get back on topic, lets clarify what you just posted: The Natzi forces bent of taking over the world suffered heavier losses in counter attacks on thier cities than in thier initial raids on the cities they were trying to concur. Just wanted to accuratly word what you were trying to say. OK, lets get back on topic

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
But let's get back on topic.

Yeah, lets do that. You still have not answered questions to my first post. Why do you plegerize your post?
And in response to your accusation that men ages 15-55 were not allowed to leave, well, thats pure rubbish. Pamphlets were dropped weeks in advance of the attack. They had PLENTY of time to leave. The fact is, anyone left in the city when the troops arrived were there by choice and that tells me that they support the insurgents. If you really feel this strongly about this subject, why dont you go fight for them. They may give you the opportunity to behead so Iraqi policemen that were just KIDNAPPED by Iraqi insurgents. You would love that wouldnt you

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Yeah, lets do that. You still have not answered questions to my first post. Why do you plegerize your post?
And in response to your accusation that men ages 15-55 were not allowed to leave, well, thats pure rubbish. Pamphlets were dropped weeks in advance of the attack. They had PLENTY of time to leave. The fact is, anyone left in the city when the troops arrived were there by choice and that tells me that they support the insurgents. If you really feel this strongly about this subject, why dont you go fight for them. They may give you the opportunity to behead so Iraqi policemen that were just KIDNAPPED by Iraqi insurgents. You would love that wouldnt you

How am i plagiarizing my own post ? I don't understand.

I already posted this in the other thread, but so be it :

U.S. Troops Force Men Trying to Flee Assault on Fallujah to Return to City

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ok, let me point out some of the things this artical said.

Many of Fallujah's 200,000 to 300,000 residents fled the city before the assault, at which time 1,200 to 3,000 fighters were believed in militant stronghold.

This sure sounds like most of the civillians got out before the fighting to me. Do you really think that all 300000 of those people were all women and children?

The military says it has received reports warning that insurgents will drop their weapons and mingle with refugees to avoid being killed or captured by advancing American troops.

This is the reason the men were turned back. Also,. this happened almost TWO WEEKS after the pamphlets were dropped, so ALL THE MEN THAT WERE NOT INSURGENTS WERE GONE BY THEN!

On Wednesday, a crowd of 225 people surged south out of Fallujah toward the blocking positions of the Marines' 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion. The Marines let 25 women and children pass but separated the 200 military-age men and forced them to walk back into Fallujah.

225 men? wow, you made it sound like they turned EVERYBODY BACK! I like how you only read what you want and draw conclusions from half a story.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
edit for dbl post, sorry

[edit on 11/17/04 by Kidfinger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join