It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail writer caught cherry picking IPCC to change meaning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here's a case of blatant dishonesty from writer Rady Ananda of ThePeoplesVoice.com

Writing an article titled IPCC warns not to stop chemtrailing Rady states this:

The Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warns that, despite global side effects and long-term consequences, geoengineering techniques involving solar radiation management (SRM) should be maintained:

“If SRM were terminated for any reason, there is high confidence that global surface temperatures would rise very rapidly to values consistent with the greenhouse gas forcing.” [emphasis in original]
(I changed the emphasis from italics to bold 'cos ATS doesn't seem to like italics for some reason)

Trouble is he has cherry picked from a longer paragraph:

Methods that aim to deliberately alter the climate system to counter climate change, termed geoengineering, have been proposed. Limited evidence precludes a comprehensive quantitative assessment of both Solar Radiation Management (SRM) and Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) and their impact on the climate system. CDR methods have biogeochemical and technological limitations to their potential on a global scale. There is insufficient knowledge to quantify how much CO2 emissions could be partially offset by CDR on a century timescale. Modelling indicates that SRM methods, if realizable, have the potential to substantially offset a global temperature rise, but they would also modify the global water cycle, and would not reduce ocean acidification. If SRM were terminated for any reason, there is high confidence that global surface temperatures would rise very rapidly to values consistent with the greenhouse gas forcing. CDR and SRM methods carry side effects and long-term consequences on a global scale. [6.5, 7.7]
- taken from the version that TPV has archived for itself as linked in the article.

Here you can clearly see that the IPCC is saying that IF SM is started then it would have to be maintained lest any gains achieved were rapidly lost.

You may or may not agree that global warming exists, or is "man made" or has a "man made" component - but everyone should be able to see that this guy has been blatantly dishonest with his cherry picking here!

then there are the experiments he lists -

One of the programs listed, the Intercontinental Chemical Transport Experiment, covered the Northern Hemisphere, measuring aerosols originating in Asia and crossing the Pacific into North America, then continuing across the continent, across the Atlantic Ocean and into Europe. Headed by the International Global Atmospheric Chemistry Project, these flights ran in 2004 and 2006, and reportedly numbered less than four dozen.

Another “experiment,” the European Aerosol Cloud Climate and Air Quality Interactions Project, started in January 2007 and ended in December 2010 – running for a full four years, and included Africa.

In addition to the joint regional projects, several nations also perform smaller field trials within their own borders. India admits to running SRM programs for over ten years.

Surely, field trials move way beyond “experiments” when they cover continents and cross oceans and are performed over a period of years.

I am unsure what the Indians have "admitted to", but the 2 other experiments listed -

Intercontinental Chemical Transport Experiment home page - a quick look at the platforms (aircraft and satellites) used shows that this "experiment" consists of MEASURING aerosols.

The European Integrated project on Aerosol Cloud Climate and Air Quality interactions (EUCAARI) is similarly measurement -

In this paper we describe and summarize the main achievements of the European Aerosol Cloud Climate and Air Quality Interactions project (EUCAARI). EUCAARI started on 1 January 2007 and ended on 31 December 2010 leaving a rich legacy including: (a) a comprehensive database with a year of observations of the physical, chemical and optical properties of aerosol particles over Europe, (b) comprehensive aerosol measurements in four developing countries, (c) a database of airborne measurements of aerosols and clouds over Europe during May 2008, (d) comprehensive modeling tools to study aerosol processes from nano to global scale and their effects on climate and air quality. In addition a new Pan-European aerosol emissions inventory was developed and evaluated, a new cluster spectrometer was built and tested in the field and several new aerosol parameterizations and computations modules for chemical transport and global climate models were developed and evaluated. These achievements and related studies have substantially improved our understanding and reduced the uncertainties of aerosol radiative forcing and air quality-climate interactions. The EUCAARI results can be utilized in European and global environmental policy to assess the aerosol impacts and the corresponding abatement strategies.

Apparently Rady is stuck in high school mode where "experiment" can only mean pouring chemicals into and out of beakers and test tubes!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
***BREAKING NEWS***

CHEMTRAIL PUSHER CAUGHT BEING DISHONEST TO PROVE CHEMTRAILS ARE REAL!!

The true believers should come down hard on this kind of deliberate disinformation. I wonder who is paying this shill to discredit the cause?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised no believer has posted on here yet.

Often they will slag me for daring to post something that shows up the chemtrail disinfo industry.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
I'm surprised no believer has posted on here yet.

Often they will slag me for daring to post something that shows up the chemtrail disinfo industry.

It's funny that when a debunker dares to ask a question, point out inaccuracies or mistakes or provides information that they can prove is valid they get called a disinfo agent, shill or troll but when you point out a chemtrail pusher caught out being blatantly dishonest they don't bat an eye.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrthumpy

Yeah I've noticed that A LOT.

I have never, ever, seen a chemtrail believer denounce any discredited source promoting chemtrails as a 'disinfo shill', or advise other believers that source is best avoided. It's as if any lie, however stupid, is valuable to the cause.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Case in point - Mods announce Tanker enemy is a purveyor of hoaxes ....but it's the reaction that's worth pulling up a chair and breaking out the popcorn for!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm wondering how many could actually see what's dishonest about this. As blatant as this is, it may be too subtle for them to grasp.

Any that do "get it" probably know better than to even try to spin this. Time may tell.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yes, I read that. A veritable shower of dummies being collectively spat out.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

I'm wondering how many could actually see what's dishonest about this. As blatant as this is, it may be too subtle for them to grasp.

Any that do "get it" probably know better than to even try to spin this. Time may tell.

A very good point. In my experience very few of them get past the headlines never mind taking time to absorb and check the content of chemtrail articles so it's hardly surprising that they'd understand what's wrong here.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
And now it's being repeated all around the world - New Zealand

"Vine of life news"

Chemtrails fact or Fiction

I suspect this is what the authors were after - uncritical acceptance and once it is "out there" it become accepted "fact" despite being easily proved untrue!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
I suspect this is what the authors were after - uncritical acceptance and once it is "out there" it become accepted "fact" despite being easily proved untrue!

There's a YouTube on it. It HAS to be true.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
And now it's being repeated all around the world - New Zealand

"Vine of life news"

Chemtrails fact or Fiction

I haven't read any of those links but I notice they're all along the lines of admitting chemtrails exist. Even taking the quote out of context it's only saying that geoengineering is taking place. What's that got to do with what people are calling chemtrails?

top topics

join