It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf Muslim Healed in Jesus' Name!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This is raw video footage of a miracle that just happened a few minutes ago (11/9/13) at the Christ for all Nations Gospel Campaign in Accra, Ghana.
A man stood before me trembling and overcome with emotion. He had a look of shock on his face. "My name is Mohammed," he said, and he proceeded to tell me his story. He had been deaf for almost two years. He was a Muslim and didn't even intend on coming tonight. He had just arrived in town from another city by train and ventured into the city center (Independence square -- where our campaign is being held). He could not understand anything that was going on so he lied down and went to sleep, and when he woke up, he could hear! I asked him if he knew who had healed him and he said it is "the messenger of the Almighty God...Jesus."

The "Christ for all Nations Gospel" website does indeed show that they were in Accra Nov.9th.
The man technically never said he was deaf, only he had been afflicted with ear problems for 2 years. The question is are these just paid actors staged to lead uneducated people to believe that their individual concerns have been heard or is it work of the All Mighty?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's a bit like those Dancing Bear videos.

You get one or two actors in a crowd to act like a typical person, and when the guy comes along they perform. It gets everyone else involved and suddenly you have this massive thing.

Except with the dancing bear videos, you feel less dirty for watching it after.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

The real miracle is the fact that they were healed, the name of the deity matters not! If indeed this transpires to be the case!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

andy06shake
the name of the deity matters not!

Sure it does. Try a miraculous healing by calling upon Zeus and see if anything happens.
The only healings I know of have been through Jesus ... or through Mary or a saint going
through Jesus. I've never heard of a healing by Krishna or Zeus or Muhammad ....

If there are any out there ... let me know. But honestly, I've never heard of one.
And I'd think that's pretty important. It speaks to authenticity .... IMHO

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The implication of that is that miracles can only be performed in the name of Christ.

Considering that 84% of the worlds population has faith, and only one third are Christian, why can't miracles be performed in the name off other deities, and achieve the same results?

edit on 11-11-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by FlyersFan

The implication of that is that miracles can only be performed in the name of Christ.

Considering that 84% of the worlds population has faith, and only one third are Christian, why can't miracles be performed in the name off other deities, and achieve the same results?

Has any other deity promised healing?

Oh snap, allah doesn't heal, allah can't even speak, so nope, no healing in allah.

Oh snap, Krishna just reincarnates..no healing in Krishna.

Let's see, is there any other faith system that promises healing? Wait, science does, but it will cost you an arm and a leg...so perhaps we can all stand over a sick person and pray for them in the the name of Richard Dawkins? Yeah, that might work.

Healing and miraculous healing, two different things. Hippocrates swore by Apollo and the gods to be a nice doctor, so maybe we can pray to Apollo and the gods? Wait, Apollo never said anyone can be healed. So nope, so far the only deity who actually promised miraculous healing was Yaweh.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
do you want to trade your cow for some magic beans.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this video. I love it! The healing power of Christ is very real, but many will not believe. I see something beautiful, others might see something deceptive.

I don't need convincing that people can be healed in His name, but for those we are more skeptical of idea generally or of this video in particular I will say that there are a few elements that make it seem more real to me.

If this was an actor or a plant, I think they would have scripted it differently. The healed man said that Jesus was a messenger, that he is "a" God, that Muslims must believe in Jesus to be Muslim... things that that that I think are authentic of a man coming from a Muslim POV trying to incorporate this unexpected miracle into his paradigm.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Has any other deity promised healing?

No deity promises healing their Prophets do that.

Oh snap, allah doesn't heal, allah can't even speak, so nope, no healing in allah.

Another name for Allah is God you know the same deity that Jesus called Dad.

Oh snap, Krishna just reincarnates..no healing in Krishna.

Reincarnation is healing. You have to fix what caused the person to die before bringing them back to life.

Let's see, is there any other faith system that promises healing? Wait, science does, but it will cost you an arm and a leg.

When did science become a faith system? Only hardcore bible thumpers make this mistake.

Healing and miraculous healing, two different things. Hippocrates swore by Apollo and the gods to be a nice doctor, so maybe we can pray to Apollo and the gods? Wait, Apollo never said anyone can be healed. So nope, so far the only deity who actually promised miraculous healing was Yaweh.

Praying to one delusion is just as effective as praying to another. So when did the Iron Age God Yahweh make this promise some proof would be nice.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

As to healing, personally I would put my faith in medical science before any off the mumbo jumbo organised religions/faith healers/charlatans out there, Christianity included. For some reason they always require money in the end. Also i have national health service where i hail from so no unexpected overheads. Why does God need money again?
LoL

Then again should that fail i'm sure I would happily pray to any deity that's willing to help!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, I'm not going to call complete shenanigans, but I would point out that the Ganges River is very sacred to Hindus.

Some believe that life is incomplete without taking a holy dip, or bath, in the Ganges. One Hindu pilgrim told a BBC News reporter that, “I am here to wash away my sins-the sins I accumulated in my life so that I can die as a pious soul.” (Jan. 15, 2007, BBC News). Many Hindu families keep a vial of Ganges water in their homes. This gives the family prestige. If anyone is dying in the home, they can drink from this vial of water. They believe that act will either cure them or cleanse their souls of all past sins. Sadly, the water is so badly polluted that it most likely speeds their death.

Now, I'm sure you will find Hindus who believe that they were miraculously healed by the waters of the Ganges.

So, it's not like Christianity has the corner on the faith healing market.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Buster just b/c the word means the same in another language doesn't make it the same thing. I don't associate "soon we shall cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers" Quran (3:151) with "thou shall not kill" KJV Exodus (20:13) as the same.

edit on 11-11-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"Soon we shall cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers" is a lot like Christianity saying unbelievers will go to hell if you ask me. Actually, I'd say they're talking about the same thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

buster, you are so funny.

Let's see,

Bible Yaweh "thus SAITH the Lord"

Qu'ran Allah "........"

Wait, Allah doesn't speak to people, so nope, Allah doesn't count because Allah is a different god altogether. Which raises the point, when DID Allah stop speaking if he's the same one?

You can play fast and loose with the word allah all you want, knowing it is a contraction word il-lah, which simply means "the god". So don't try that one with people who know.

Of the 360 gods in the ka'aba, why did Mohammed choose the one already called allah? Did you ever think of that one?

And let's see, his father was named....let me see, what was it again? Oh yes, Abdullah...slave of ALLAH. So yep, Mohammed chose the god that was already in the ka'aba. Want to try another one?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well, technically in Malay ... Allah used to be the universal term for God used by both Catholics and Muslims. Then, the Muslims sued and got the Catholics banned from using it, and then a court overturned the ruling ...

So, depending on what part of the world you are in, you can, sometimes depending on legal ruling, use the word Allah for both the Muslim god and God.

I agree with you though that Allah never spoke directly to Mohammad. He always relayed stuff through the Archangel which led at one point to the Satanic verses incident.
edit on 11-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

ketsuko

Well, technically in Malay ... Allah used to be the universal term for God used by both Catholics and Muslims. Then, the Muslims sued and got the Catholics banned from using it, and then a court overturned the ruling ...

So, depending on what part of the world you are in, you can, sometimes depending on legal ruling, use the word Allah for both the Muslim god and God.

I agree with you though that Allah never spoke directly to Mohammad. He always relayed stuff through the Archangel which led at one point to the Satanic verses incident.
edit on 11-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

I know they say Allah as god there, but Muslims know the Qu'ran and they know that allah simply means il'lah, the god. His father was Abdullah, slave of god. So he chose one god and said that one was it. His father was not Muslim, as he died before Islam, in "pagan times". So what allah was his father a slave of? That's right, the one of his tribe, the same one Mohammed picked out.

But in that world, all the gods had names, the Jews said HaSehm Adonai, they distinguished God by name. So did the Persians with Ahura Mazda. Every god had a name, except they want us to believe the word for god, allah is god. But allah was well-known as allah to the pagans and recorded by the Romans and Greeks. So I think it's funny that in a religion that claims to be the same as Moses, doesn't even call the god by the same name. But Moses was never in Mecca, he would have never worshiped allah, if Moses said Adonai Elohim. Allah was a god already, the Muslims are afraid to say so. But they know deeply.

Moses wrote it as "Yaweh" the four letters. Mohammed claimed the same god, but never wrote it as the four letters.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Why is it so strange just because he is (was) a Muslim?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't talk about it much because I feel ashamed of what I did, but I was pressured once into to doing that in front of a mega church. I was still a believer at that time, and my ex relatives were big wigs so to speak in that church. The test results were inconclusive for my daughters issues (she was an infant at the time) they told me I would be blessed if i went up there and gave "testimony" of my daughters "miraculous healing." I was in a pretty desperate situation (domestic violence) and agreed. She was born with 90% hearing loss in one ear. When she was a few months older the tests showed only 20%, The Dr.s assumed it was a combination of fluid in her ears and her being a preemie. Not knowing exactly why, I agreed that it was God and with a lot of pressure and promises of help I agreed.

The more I woke up the more I realized the church was a money making scam. They wanted $35 to pray over my situation. Nowadays, since they have become so big, they charge $75 for prayer.

There is more to this story, but that is a thread for another day once I am done gathering all my references for my thread.

My point is, many of these people are in desperate situations, and they do this due to pressure and promises that are never fulfilled. It's not real. In my situation, it was staged to look like it happened then and there.
edit on 12-11-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-11-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

FlyersFan

andy06shake
the name of the deity matters not!

Sure it does. Try a miraculous healing by calling upon Zeus and see if anything happens.
The only healings I know of have been through Jesus ... or through Mary or a saint going
through Jesus. I've never heard of a healing by Krishna or Zeus or Muhammad ....

If there are any out there ... let me know. But honestly, I've never heard of one.
And I'd think that's pretty important. It speaks to authenticity .... IMHO

Sorry but in this case you are suffering from self biased blindness.

People get healed everyday thru synchronicity/placebo effect around this world and the name matters not but the intent and strength of belief. For instance Reiki do not use any special name but intention and works fine as a tool since the believer believes in the tool and can access the chi/light from above. Many times the Reiki tool even works on non believers like I was and very sure that there was some kind of trick going on.

Human beings care about names. The being and beings on the other side can see beyond the name to the pure emotion and need for love and healing to be and react to it.

7 lamps in revelation in the bible and 7 energy centers in the chakra system. What more do I need to say? Different beliefs same source.

Give me 3 healers with the continuous flow activated and they will heal in the name of Santa Claus after a while of preparation where they think of Santa Claus as the source of all love.

Sometimes humans even pray and manifest without knowing what they are doing.
edit on 12-11-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join