It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief history of presidents and what it says about democracy in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

If he met the requirements laid down in the Constitution I don't see how there was an asterisk next to his eligibility. If they had said "born within the Continental US" then I could see your point, but they didn't use that language because I believe they had the foresight to know that soldiers and parents may have kids overseas. That's why US military bases are considered US soil.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't vote for him nor do I support him. He's well beyond the need for retirement and I think he would have been as poor a President as Obama has been and is.

There's no way to get Arnold eligible. That would be just a very blatant violation.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Your history needs some help.

Johnson was not the first President to not seek relection, neither did Polk, Auther, or Coolidge.

Carters background was no different from many Presidents who only held one office before becoming President including FDR, Lincoln, and Adams.

Also if your going to try and be cute by using the term Continental United States so you can ignore Hawaii then you also must include Washington and several other of the earlier Presidents who were born in British colonies.

Of course the entire list is pretty random to begin with and tries to pretend Prseident of modern times are any different than those in the past. And if that is what you think you need to read up on your past presidents.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Are you addressing me or the OP?

<< 1   >>

join