It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What types of people should not be allowed to adopt children?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
1) Pedophiles
2) Drug addicts
3)Alcoholic
4) Killers
5)Rapists
6)Politicians

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

What types of people should not be allowed to adopt children?

Christians that believe prayer (only) will heal a very sick child that is in need of medical attention!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by sulaw

Actually, I think they may be referring to the system here in the US, of fostering, sometimes with the option of adopting. In those cases, you can get paid by the state, or, upon adoption, elect not to. I work with a fellow that fostered, then adopted sisters. It was for love, not money, and does not get paid for them.

If this was the case, then why didn't he say so!!! I totally agree with this!

Furthermore, and all together in opposition to the above. I do not have a problem with my tax dollars being used to support foster children in the states. There is no reason for anyone in "good ol Merica" to be hungry, nor any other country but you gotta start somewhere no?

That being said, I can see how some "foster homes" abuse this way of receiving monetary income to there benefit. I wish it wasn't so but I can see it taking place.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A lot of it is instinct based.

I know people who were and are total dicks who barely took care of themselves - then had a kid (not adopted) and BAM great parent and cleaned up their act. And of course the other is true, people who come across as great and normal and turn out not to be good parents and fall apart.

If people really cant be trusted "just in case" - make social care better aka more costly for everyone? Yeah that will go down well.....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
These days you cant look at a person and tell. But a background check helps,They don't even do that any more .Maybe if they listened to the kids here and there they might get a picture of what the child is going through.Oh wait they don't care about that either.
edit on 0pm12130000000Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:48:47 -0600kAmerica/ChicagoTue, 12 Nov 2013 16:48:47 -0600 by LadyLurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join