It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kolbrin - Wow!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse
I'm not sure that I understand you, because the question seems a simple one to me. We look and see. Do you apply this question to buying a car? Do you ask, when someone tells you that the Ford Zog is unreliable rubbish, how you are to believe that all cars are not rubbish? I hardly think so, which is why I fear we must be at cross-purposes.

That is what test drives are for, right? Did you not drive your last vehicle before you bought it? Is it likely that the one car you drove is the only type of car in existance that will get you down the road? Maybe I don't like your car. Maybe I have friends who had that same brand of car and it left them stranded on the highway. But yet you would have me believe that it is the only type of vehicle. Perhaps I prefer a motorcycle or a truck instead, becasue they fit my needs better.

If you tell me you are promoting stuff you believe to be nonsense, of course there is nothing further to be said. But I have doubts you believe this, even if you choose to *say* it.

Where did I say I was promoting it? I'm not standing on the corner waving it at people. Where did I say I believed it? I don't adopt beliefs that quickly. All I have ever said about The Kolbrin is that I found it interesting, worth exploring further, and that some parts of it were inspiring to me personally, because I found some wisdom in it that I could apply to my own experiences. In fact as I've already said, some of the things written in it have led me to the belief that it's probably not appropritate to attack the beliefs of others, and I have refrained from doing so since I came to that conclusion. Not because The Kolbrin said don't do it, but because it allowed me to examine what I was doing from a different perspective and different viewpoint. I said I found it as historically credible as other religious books of this nature which means not very credible at all as historical fact.

The problem is that you seem to suggest "if it feels good" is a valid way to find out the facts about something. I don't believe an examination of your bank statement would show you live that way. But no doubt I have misunderstood again.

Yes, you have misunderstood. I have never subscribed to or advocated the "if it feels good, do it" philosophy. I said wisdom can be found in many places and one shouldn't automatically reject wisdom no matter where one finds it. You put your interpetation on what I've said that best fits the view you have of me based on the fact that I attacked what you believe a few weeks ago.

Oh, and you know nothing about me personally, the contents of my bank account, or how I live. Are you going to claim certain knowledge of this too? You are making assumptions and assertions based on facts that you don't and never will have. If you find that common error so easy to make with me, why would I not believe it possible or even likely that you make the same error with your assumptions and assertions about God?

The Kolbrin is just one source of wisdom and inspiration I've found. There are certainly others, including your Bible. As I've said, I don't believe any of them are the unaltered and direct words of God, for reasons I've already explained. I don't pursue these writtings looking for solid fact or with the intention of trying to believe everything written in them because I have a pretty good idea of the limitations of the humans who wrote them, then later interpeted them.

There is an entire buffet of spiritual writtings out there, Roger, but you say we should only eat the fish, which may have been sitting out in room tempeture too long anyway. Sorry, Dude. I'll have some roast beef, and some chicken, some vegies, and perhaps some apple pie for dessert. I might or might not try the fish, but I've tried fish before and didn't like it very much. You stick with just fish if you want, but I think in the end, I'll have the better balanced meal.

Bon Appetite, Roger. You may want to try the lemon butter on your fish.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No offense, but can we move on....PLEASE!? As I said earlier, there are things written in the Kolbrin that deserve an honest examination in the hard light of day. Is it at all possible this is the location of the Holy Grail? How about the Templar Treasure??

The heart of Britain is the moon chalice which was brought here by the hands of the Chief of the Kasini. He came shipborne to Rafinia, which is by the Mount of Lud, against Ardmoal. Passing Insdruk, he came to Itene where he hid the treasure in Trebethew. It was not captured, as men say, nor could it decay.

In the fullness of time it came to Kargwen. There it was kept secure with the Grail stone and the ever-virgin vessel which was brought down the rays of the sun. Thus it was that these treasures of Egypt came to Britain.

This was the secret of Britain.

Let's switch course and pick the Kolbrin apart, word-by-word. I'm pretty sure there's a LOT more here than the simple prayers and gifted insights offer.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
No offense, but can we move on....PLEASE!? As I said earlier, there are things written in the Kolbrin that deserve an honest examination in the hard light of day. Is it at all possible this is the location of the Holy Grail? How about the Templar Treasure??

Ah, you're right, of course, Toelint. I guess I'm a little easy to bait on matters of religious freedom and the spiritual quest for knowledge.

Let's switch course and pick the Kolbrin apart, word-by-word. I'm pretty sure there's a LOT more here than the simple prayers and gifted insights offer.

I'm guessing that you are being slightly sarcastic here. But anyway, I'm not sure if I've read anything in The Kolbrin so far that would classify it as "the grail" or the "Templar Treasure", although I suppose it certainly could have been part of whatever the Knights brought out of the Middle East. I'm not sure that this book, or the source writtings it was drawn from contain anything that would give the Templars the power and influence they gained so quickly. In impact, perhaps they rate with the Dead Sea Scrolls or other finds of this magnitude, but I still believe the Templars had something else, of greater and immediate significance going for them. I can't see the Church being cowed or frightened by something like The Kolbrin alone.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Fiveby5's promised assessment of the "approved" copy on it's way, and will retire from the thread until then, since it's fairly obvious that when attacked, I can't resist responding in kind.

I'll close by saying again that I'm just glad to know it exists, as I had never heard of The Kolbrin before this thread about it.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
as "the grail" or the "Templar Treasure", although I suppose it certainly could have been part of whatever the Knights brought out of the Middle East.

The templars did many things and had taken many treasures (to keep safe). Heck they might all be here in the America's somewhere who knows since they did come here before columbus (from what PBS and that book I mentioned told me), theres a cave in Southern Illinois where they found old hebrew on the walls and it is right now under expedition, and I will post a link right when they update since its only like a few weeks now before they get everything together!!!

www.ancientamerican.com...

[edit on 3-1-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz

as "the grail" or the "Templar Treasure", although I suppose it certainly could have been part of whatever the Knights brought out of the Middle East.

The templars did many things and had taken many treasures (to keep safe). Heck they might all be here in the America's somewhere who knows since they did come here before columbus (from what PBS and that book I mentioned told me), theres a cave in Southern Illinois where they found old hebrew on the walls and it is right now under expedition, and I will post a link right when they update since its only like a few weeks now before they get everything together!!!

[edit on 3-1-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

Quite possibly! There are several references to a Moon Chalice in this book, and puts it at several locations. I've tried Googling the few of them and only found hits on one, that being Mt. Lud. (Now known as St. Paul's Cathedral.) Of course, I missed a bunch! I'll start over again tonight. In the meantime, I'm downloading as much of this book as I can.

LATER!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I'm not sure that I understand you, because the question seems a simple one to me. We look and see. Do you apply this question to buying a car? Do you ask, when someone tells you that the Ford Zog is unreliable rubbish, how you are to believe that all cars are not rubbish? I hardly think so, which is why I fear we must be at cross-purposes.

That is what test drives are for, right? ...

Indeed. But your response is to say that test drives are worthless. This won't do.

If you tell me you are promoting stuff you believe to be nonsense, of course there is nothing further to be said. But I have doubts you believe this, even if you choose to *say* it.

Where did I say I was promoting it?....

Where did I say that you said you were promoting it?

The problem is that you seem to suggest "if it feels good" is a valid way to find out the facts about something. I don't believe an examination of your bank statement would show you live that way. But no doubt I have misunderstood again.

Yes, you have misunderstood. I have never subscribed to or advocated the "if it feels good, do it" philosophy. I said wisdom can be found in many places and one shouldn't automatically reject wisdom. no matter where one finds it. You put your interpetation on what I've said that best fits the view you have of me based on the fact that I attacked what you believe a few weeks ago. ...

(snipped more improbable rubbish)

The Kolbrin is just one source of wisdom and inspiration I've found...
...I don't pursue these writtings looking for solid fact ....

(abuse snipped)

I seem to have assessed your position pretty accurately. Wake up and THINK.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not going to argue with you, Roger. It's entirely unnessisary and a disservice to those who read this thread to learn something rather than listen to us snipe at each other.

You have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Um. This is a link to a translation of the Syriac translation of the NT, the Pe#ta.

With the exceptions of the extra books, the Greek texts are translations of the NT, the Pe#tO of the Monophysites is a translation of the NT twice modified to agree more with the Greek, but the Pe#tA of the Assyrian Church of the East is the NT. For instance, regarding Matthew's original language see Eusebius' History of the Church, Book 3, Ch. 39; Book 6, Ch. 25; etc.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The correct spelling is Caer Gwintiquic, and is now called Winchester-in-Hampshire! I really do believe the Grail is (or was) kept here.

(Please forgive my "going off on a tangent" here.)

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, this is a nice read! So far, I've read the books of Abrais and Aristolis, and Jesus I and II. Hey guys, if nothing else it's a quaint work of fiction (perhaps these monks had a bout with Pride and actually wanted to write a whole book.)

On the other hand, perhaps it's just a sack of poems, letters and essays, and nothing more. Hey, wisdom can hit anybody, and that some of us actually record it for the next generation is at least noteworthy, if not nobel.

I on the other hand, for the moment, will take a different tangent. I suspect most people, after taking pen in hand, tend to write first what they know and second what they've heard, and third, what they accept on faith. Although embelishment is common, a full blown work of fiction is rare.

Being monks, I'm guessing they did have at least a few constraints on what they wrote (Hey, maybe the "head monk" was reading over their shoulder!) and were aiming for two things, those being Accuracy and Inspiration.

All of this leads me to wonder something. If the Moon Chalice mentioned above IS the Holy Grail, it shouldn't be buried at Glastonbury...it should be buried at Winchester Cathedral.

Any comments??

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Not ignoring you at all Toelint, I'm interested in the fact that the work might point to the location of the Holy Grail. Right now I'm just waiting for the book itself to arrive so that I can give my actual input, as opposed to raw speculation, on what it contains. It shipped at the beginning of this week, so hopefully I'll be able to come back with some comments soon!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi all.
I to find this very intresting. I first ran across the Kolbrin text on a net talk show last night. I paid it no mind at the time cause they only just mentioned and I wasn't really listening at the time, but the name stuck in my mind, so this morning I did a search for it and I am hooked.

I am currently listening to Jim McCanney on Alex Merklinger's show mysteries of the mind

pointers.audiovideoweb.com...

A few points i would like to make is the origanal text is in the hands of unknowns, by that I mean the copies are comeing from the Culdian Trust and if I am correct they answer to a Hope trust, The true owners of the Kolbrin are unknown to all but maybe the Hope trust.

I for one certainly see a need for such secrecy. The current bible is a compilation of chosen works of the Roman Church. The same church that has for hundreds of years gathered religious texts around the world and destroyed all of them that gave any question to there doctrine.

The full might of the "Church" will be thrown against all intrested in the Kolbrin text, this will challenge their doctrine.

I urge everyone to look into the history of the bible and see where we got it from. Look into the first 5 Ecumenical Councils. Find out whats really going on. All you have to do is seek and ye will find!

I would urge everyone to just ignore those that will come in here with the sole intent to shed doubt and mis information. Do not respond to their sly remarks, just let it go.

Lets all work together to uncover the truth here. I dont know about the rest of you, but I feel and unbelievable draw to this.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedomrik
Hi all.
I to find this very intresting. I first ran across the Kolbrin text on a net talk show last night. I paid it no mind at the time cause they only just mentioned and I wasn't really listening at the time, but the name stuck in my mind, so this morning I did a search for it and I am hooked.

I am currently listening to Jim McCanney on Alex Merklinger's show mysteries of the mind

pointers.audiovideoweb.com...

A few points i would like to make is the origanal text is in the hands of unknowns, by that I mean the copies are comeing from the Culdian Trust and if I am correct they answer to a Hope trust, The true owners of the Kolbrin are unknown to all but maybe the Hope trust.

I for one certainly see a need for such secrecy. The current bible is a compilation of chosen works of the Roman Church. The same church that has for hundreds of years gathered religious texts around the world and destroyed all of them that gave any question to there doctrine.

The full might of the "Church" will be thrown against all intrested in the Kolbrin text, this will challenge their doctrine.

I urge everyone to look into the history of the bible and see where we got it from. Look into the first 5 Ecumenical Councils. Find out whats really going on. All you have to do is seek and ye will find!

I would urge everyone to just ignore those that will come in here with the sole intent to shed doubt and mis information. Do not respond to their sly remarks, just let it go.

Lets all work together to uncover the truth here. I dont know about the rest of you, but I feel and unbelievable draw to this.

Okay, I GOTTA ask this. If nobody knows who the actual owners are, is there at least some evidence that the Kolbrin actually exists??

Now, here's a snippet I pulled from www.britannia.com...

Much more was added to Joseph's legend during the Middle Ages. He was gradually inflated into a major saint and cult hero, as well as the supposed ancestor of many British monarchs. He is said to have brought with him to Britain a cup, said to have been used at the Last Supper and also used to catch the blood dripping from Christ as he hung on the Cross. A variation of this story is that Joseph brought with him two cruets, one containing the blood and the other, the sweat of Christ. Either of these items are known as The Holy Grail, and were the object(s) of the quests of the Knights of King Arthur's Round Table. One legend goes on to suggest that Joseph hid the "Grail" in Chalice Well at Glastonbury for safe-keeping

Now the question begs, is it possible that one Grail is located at Glastonbury, and the other Grail is somewhere inside Winchester? Get this...there's only sixty-one miles between them! (Of course, if your only form of tranportation was a mule, it might be a test.)

The plot thickens.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Okay, I GOTTA ask this. If nobody knows who the actual owners are, is there at least some evidence that the Kolbrin actually exists??
[edit on 8-1-2006 by Toelint]

We will see in the near future. Also remember the Kolbrin went by other names in the past, coelbook, colbrin.ect The only connection i can make with anyone were the Templar knights. So the text has to be older then some say otherwise on this forum, who knows maybe someone who has the orignal manuscripts will reveal them soon.

Anyways this Bible is connected to Lost Ten Tribes of Isreal from what I have found so far but I do not have enough info to prove this just yet lol. I will keep yall updated soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
LOL Just keeping the ball rolling here, okay? Here's another tiny snippet concerning Caer Guiniquic. (Spelled differently again! *sheesh!*) courtesy of:

www.kessler-web.co.uk...

Caer Gwinntguic:

Centered on Caer Gwinntguic (Roman Venta Belgarum, modern Winchester in Hampshire), a pocket of British resistance fought a hard war against the West Saxons here, aided and perhaps politically linked to Caer Celemion. Both held out, semi-isolated in an incresingly Saxon-dominated landscape, forcing West Saxon advances to head for the north and west. Their eastern side would have been largely protected by the huge swathe of forest that reached into Kent. Not far to the west of Winchester, there are strong suggestions that Ambrosius Aurelianus possessed "the stronghold of Ambrosius" remembered in modern Amesbury (Saxon Ambresbyrig, north of Salisbury and west of Andover). This could have formed the easternmost part of Ambrosius' Gloucester power base. The king here in the 440s may have been Elafius.

One interesting fact is I can't find references to any of the other territories mentioned in my earlier Kolbrin quote.

A little help here please!

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Stop The Presses!

You can download The Kolbrin at this website to your ebook reader. I'm not sure but I think it's 16.95 a copy. Check it out!

www.ebookimpressions.com...

Peace!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well theres certainly a good story surrounding the book, I havent read it though, just glanced at the site and at the book itself online.

Anyway, I skipped to the last page (heh) and read the Note:

www.thekolbrin.com...

"There was also a longish brass object like a knife, with engraving, in a wrapping of rotten wood. That is all there was, except for the books which were not like books at all. I do not know what became of the other items. I saw the glass ball once when I was a small child but cannot remember much about it, except that it was hollow at one end and when I put a finger in the hollow it felt warm."

Is this supposed to be alluding to the spear of destiny (pierced christ's side)?

Anyone have any ideas about the other items mentioned found?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interestingly, I went through the notes and I couldn't find a hint as to where this box is hidden now. Any thouights? To find the real Spear Of Destiny along with the Grail cup and stone, somewhere in England, can set the Christian world on its ear! The only two things left to find is the actual cross on which the Romans crucified him, and the Crown Of Thorns...and yes, I think they still exist!

I'd also like to find more references to this "knife" elsewhere in the book. Have you found any?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I said wisdom can be found in many places and one shouldn't automatically reject wisdom no matter where one finds it.

I think you put it nicely Ambient Sound. Wisdom can be found in many places. In books, in nature, and within ourselves. I have read portions of the Kolbrin and plan on finishing it. I have also read through many other religious books. There is an interesting overlap in most of them. A beginning, a flood, prophets, a higher power, and an end. As a Christian, my faith has not disappeared, but has changed over the years. I understand that I am a member of a religious organization that has picked and choosed which documents were worthy of being included in their version of the bible. I have fortunately had the opportunity to read through the missing Dead Sea scrolls and books such as the Kolbrin, along with many other ancient manuscripts. As Ambien Sound pointed out, search for wisdom in everything. Do not limit your reading or what you allow yourself to understand. Do not forget that many of the books which religions follow were written hundreds and sometimes thousands of years after the stories were to have taken place. Stories that are told over time can and will change. The important parts are the underlying truths that reveal themselves. The inherant good and bad that you feel within yourself. Whether it is the Bible or Aesop's fables, learn the message behind things.

Now, having said that. There are questions that arise when reading any ancient manuscripts. We are reading english translations of them, what do they say in the original tongue? What has been lost and interpreted differently?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Now, having said that. There are questions that arise when reading any ancient manuscripts. We are reading english translations of them, what do they say in the original tongue? What has been lost and interpreted differently?

The orignal tongue was in Old Hebrew as the link I posted a few post back says. They found a sword with the word "Colbrin" on it which is the same as "kolbrin" I did not find any other text that has a similar name or group that went by colbrin and such. Some things were lost in a fire and it was painstakingly put back together. I have no idea why this book is still not building steam.

There have been two that were written in AD. One is in india (Morals and precepts; 100 years) and in Britian (book of britian; 1987 years). Which this book might have some lost knowledge in it since if you look at the history of man, the reason alot of things are hard to find before 1000 years ago was because anchient libarys were being burnt down, with out care at all about the knowledge they were destroying. Like in China with the I CHING, similar event where alot of that text was burnt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join