It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urine power charges batteries.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I agree - more attention needed. And thanks btw.

...urine is exceptionally plentiful on this planet although unfortunately would be difficult to market, tax and profit by. Still, I'm sure there's some cash for someone somewhere in this pike.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It demonstrates to me that we could live harmoniously with nature.

Instead of living to feed the capitalistic market machine, we could be living to enjoy life.

How do we slay this beast of civilization?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As long as we can use our own to charge our own devices and make our own batteries I'm down with it. What's the exact process?

I am not sure about fertalizers. With all the medications people take wouldn't this have an impact? I heard something about hormones getting through treatment plants and screwing things up so imagine straight urine. If it works overall though - maybe it will be like donating blood where people give for a better cause.

Anything they can do with human waste is a good thing, in spite of the downside. Using fresh water to flush it just seems wrong - always has.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hopefully they do not start making this a new fuel, not that it wouldn't change the world in many ways, but they would probly get a hold on all liquid facilitating plants and jack the prices through the roof, while in turn poisoning the rest of the water on the planet with nuclear radiation.

There next Ad campaign: "are you tired of drinking poison? Losing your hair? Or maybe your just tired of your plain old organs failing? Then Drink PÜR WATER , its not your everyday average water, it's a liquid supplement that not only hydrates you with the purest of power, but it's chalk full of your favorite lab grade chemicals that you've grown up enjoying, but with 3x the amount; and don't you forget to install your curtisy flaps for your fellow yellow drivers; it's the law" and also try our NEW PÜR SODA coming soon to a retailer near you.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Forget Green energy man, go Yellow! LOL

poet1b

I am surprised no one started a thread on this one.

www.foxnews.com...

Each is powered by a microbial fuel cell, containing live microorganisms like those found in the human gut or sewage treatment plants. The microbes digest the waste (or urine) and produce electrons, which can be harvested to produce electrical current, Walters said.

The researchers have already proved the microbial fuel cells can use urine power to charge a mobile phone.

Anyone ever pee into a beer can to avoid stopping on a road trip?

Well, maybe this could be the future for charging your electric car.

Drinking and driving might become legal, or maybe, it all a conspiracy.

Personally I see no limitations to this kind of technology.

And to think we have been flushing this yellow gold down the drain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join