It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much control do we have right after we die?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Lumpy79
Imagine a human body, now imagine that body was the Human species itself. We are parts of that body, like skin flakes or hair. We must live and we must die in order to maintain the body.

So, in my personal opinion; we just die and nothing more. Although i would love it if there were something else.

The body dies but the soul lives on.'
'

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Hr2burn
I have similar concerns...I watch many ghost hunting shows and something that confuses me, why with all the beauty/secrets of the universe, WHY would you CHOSE to stay in some dark/dank building? Why are some ghost appearing to be old or hurt?

These are not dead people roaming the earth but evil spirits.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ - when we all die - we are judged on the spot - then it is off to heaven or hell.

Then we wait for the resurrection - some will receive it and others will not.

Boy ........is this post going to upset some people.'

edit on 12-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Lumpy79
Imagine a human body, now imagine that body was the Human species itself. We are parts of that body, like skin flakes or hair. We must live and we must die in order to maintain the body.

So, in my personal opinion; we just die and nothing more. Although i would love it if there were something else.

think of that and a bigger picture.

you are a hair maintaining a larger entity when you die.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

tomoe723
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

i have a question for you, and i hope you will answer it for my sake.

how do you classify someone who wants to die to find rest but is afraid of dying because of the physical pain involved?

A normal human reaction.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Plato tells us that Socrates believed that if there is no awareness after death, and death truly is the end, then to die is a gain, as eternity is only a single night. And obviously if there is an afterlife, at least a person can try not to fear death because of that fact, as they know they will continue on in awareness, to some capacity. So really fearing death is pointless. Anyway, to touch on what you were asking about, how much control do we really have?

I have read NDE's in which the person could make a choice whether or not to return to their body. And I have read of those who choose to go "to the light," and I believe that someone could consciously go "away from the light." It is possible, but I'm not sure, that ghosts of people who remain here in our physical realm are sort of "stuck" here. This could be because they could not let go of something after death, as whatever this issue was it consumed them in life, and therefore they simply do not make the transition in the way they are supposed to. So in my opinion it is possible that even though there may be a natural progression of the soul after death, a person can choose whether or not to follow the path that has been laid out.

Of course then there is the Christian viewpoint on death. Although Christian beliefs do not allow for ghosts of people who have died to remain on earth. I have heard some say that all ghosts are evil spirits simply masquerading as a dead person, and this may be the case. There truly are evil entities out there, and ghosts as well, and no one really knows for certain who or what these things are. Often times investigators have reason to believe that a ghost in a certain location was a certain person who died, but looks can be deceiving.

I don't really know one way or the other. But I do think that a person has a certain amount of control after death. Maybe they have more control after they've been dead for a longer period of time, for whatever reason, or maybe they have the same amount of control at all times once they die. Then there is the possibility that someone who experienced a NDE might not have grasped what they could or couldn't do, because it would probably take a little time to learn to flex your new soul muscles.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The Tibetan Book of the Dead states that the afterlife for most people will be like a dream--a situation where you simply go along with whatever your subconscious wants, without exercising any free will over the matter.

Most people who die freak out, their conscious mind shuts down (like drifting off to slumber), then they behave as in a dream-state: Accepting the situation as it is, but never applying the conscious mind towards making decisions while in the bardo (the world between lives).

Gaining control while in the afterlife to consciously choose a more positive destiny is akin to gaining lucidity while in a dream--awakening to the reality of the situation then acting as you wish, not according to the dictates of the subconscious.

Meditation can help you achieve the necessary level of lucidity to control yourself in the bardo. As can training yourself now to know what to expect after death, to ingrain in yourself awareness that you need to awaken in the bardo so you can choose for yourself a more positive afterlife than your habit-ridden subconscious mind would have chosen for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Tibetan yogis say that the more spiritual practice you do during your lifetime the more control you will have after death.

droid56
I'm not there yet. But I will be soon.

After dying, are we on a ride that we have no control over, or can we actually chose one path over another?

Should I trust the ride or not?

If the light appears, can I chose to go elsewhere? I have a problem with an amorphous light. Is God or Jesus able to manifest for the billions of souls, times a billion inhabited planets? Times a billion galaxies?

How much control do we have soon after we die? I doubt that we have much control, but I hope I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I am disturbed by the idea that the so-called astral plane is supposedly connected to our 3-D planet. It sounds like it might be a prison, a barrier that restricts us to a territory that is part of an agenda that isn't interested in our spiritual progress. Of course, I could be wrong in my concern. Hope so.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Based on what I think I know....
based on what I suspected to be 'brushings' with the otherside, in the moment a part of me 'laughed off' the premise of control, and was simply awash with the overwhelming sense of familiarity and home.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join