It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My "pucker" factor just went up to a solid 9 on a 10 point scale.

I am getting a little weary of feeling ok about life in general then the government coming out and spooking me all over again.

The "new" bad news - CNN style

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
could you explain a bit??

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Don't worry about it, Observer. Ignore them. Maybe they'll go away.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
to always be at RED...regardless of what they say. Just keep your wits about you and have a plan...that's about all you can do. After all, all the worry in the world isn't going to stop a plane from hitting a building...*sigh*, so just be aware of your surroundings....

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
could you explain a bit??

Click the link in my post. It takes you to a CNN story.

TC, I've tried to ignore them and it never ever works.. I'm not sure why.

Gaz, my whole family thinks I'm a loon because I have worked out worst case scenarios and plans for most of my family (including family that is out of town
)

I'm just still getting used to being on the lookout 24/7... it gets tiring.

dom

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have to say, that I'm more in the "if it happens, it happens" camp. Your chances of being killed in a terrorist attack would still be lower than getting killed in a car accident if there were 4 or 5 9/11's every year.

It's just too easy to get paranoid about a threat which may never actually happen (which may not actually exist). I'd be extremely surprised if Al-Q manage another attack which kills 3000 people...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
There is no way to be at red all the time. As a matter of fact, you can't maintain yellow more than a few hours.

This color notion is nothing new, Street Survival courses use that to explain how a cop's mind works - code white is in the comfort of his own home, then it progresses through lower steps up to code red, which is the point where bodies are dropping, and then code black - we won't go there.

Relax, observer, train you mind to be observant much like a cop would be, think through scenarios, if you've run through them in your mind once tha means if it ever happens it'll be the second time you've been there, and after that, live, boy, live!!

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"I'm just still getting used to being on the lookout 24/7... it gets tiring."

True, but eventually, it becomes second nature, and you do it without thinking...then it's not so bad. I constantly find myself going into a restaurant, scoping out the exits, thinking about which window would be easy to run through, and then just switch gears and enjoy my dinner. Movie theaters are just about my one big hang up...terrorist death traps really, heaven forbid there's ever a fire in one. But, I don't let it stop me from going, just that I subconsciously sit in a certain row that is still away from the screen, but easily accesses the exit.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
when the level is raised, it reaches headlines around the world. its just a way of making the people aware of such things.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom
I have to say, that I'm more in the "if it happens, it happens" camp. Your chances of being killed in a terrorist attack would still be lower than getting killed in a car accident if there were 4 or 5 9/11's every year.

It's just too easy to get paranoid about a threat which may never actually happen (which may not actually exist). I'd be extremely surprised if Al-Q manage another attack which kills 3000 people...

OMG!!!! I agree with Dom!!!

Though I don't believe another 9/11 couldn't happen. Apart from that he's got it right.

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Leveller]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom
I'd be extremely surprised if Al-Q manage another attack which kills 3000 people...

Actually projected span is more like 300,000 this time

top topics

join