It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

electoral board changes rules AFTER the election, DURING the count to benefit one side

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
with one major office left up for grabs in virginia, the office of attorney general, the electoral board in fairfax county, dominated by republicans, change the rules AFTER the election and DURING the count. the race has the republican leading with a razor thin margin. fairfax county recently has trended democratic in elections.
is that even legal?

www.wtop.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

I would assume so or they probably wouldn't have tried it.

I believe the larger question that should be asked is, "is it ethical"?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

blackthorne
is that even legal?

first you need to define "is" ,,,then we can debate the definition of "LegaL"

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Didnt some rules get changed in the run for the republican nomination? Didnt Ron Paul get screwed and his delegates taken for a bus ride so they Couldn't vote?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

JHumm
Didnt some rules get changed in the run for the republican nomination? Didnt Ron Paul get screwed and his delegates taken for a bus ride so they Couldn't vote?

So shouldn't your argument be that tampering is tampering and it's all wrong? Instead your primary concern is keeping score?
edit on 9-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Par the course for US politics,

You don't like the rules, change them.

Seems to be the motto of both parties.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

It's hard to believe that there would be corruption in politics, huh?

Check out Chicago for the real professional cheaters.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
OK, I read the first article on one cup of coffee and I'm a little confused.

It seems to be about who is allowed to be present when votes are counted; the voter, a designated representative, or a legal representative. From the article:

"The office of the Attorney General advised us that this was the correct reading of the statute," State Board of Elections Secretary Don Palmer says.

He says the State Board of Elections has always interpreted the policy this way and issued the reminder guidance Friday after learning about Fairfax County's plans to allow advocates to represent voters without the voter present.

Election officials in Fairfax County say they have allowed the representation for years and only stopped it because of the memo sent out Friday.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, it's saying that Fairfax County had been doing things a certain way, but the State Board of Elections pointed out that it wasn't the correct way, so Fairfax County Election officials changed it's policy on who was allowed to be present during the count. So, they didn't really change the rules, they just started following them.

Am I missing something here? If I am, and the rules were changed, what is the impact?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

theantediluvian

JHumm

So shouldn't your argument be that tampering is tampering and it's all wrong? Instead your primary concern is keeping score?
edit on 9-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

That what I was getting at, Im not keeping score. I think both sides are broken equally, both sides are failing to work for the people. I was just pointing out that it happens on both sides so maybe you misunderstood me and you are trying to keep score.

new topics

top topics

join