It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Followers of Christ: Investigation finds 10 more dead children of faith healers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am putting this in secret societies because these groups are secretive they do not want exposure they are even secretive among themselves. Mods move if necessary.

The Followers of Christ is a Christian denomination based in the U.S. state of Oregon. The church has attracted controversy for its practices of faith healing and of shunning members who violate church doctrine, including those who seek medical care. According to authorities in Oregon and other places where church members are found, numerous children have suffered premature deaths from treatable causes due to their parents' refusal to seek medical care; a former Oregon state medical examiner claims the infant mortality rate within the Followers of Christ community is 26 times greater that of the general population.[

BOISE, Idaho – Peaceful Valley Cemetery sits on a windswept hill 30 miles east of Boise.

Some of The Followers of Christ faith healers bury their dead there.

The same last names appear over and again, going back decades. Some - like Beagley - are the same names you’ll see in a similar cemetery in Oregon City.

In 2010, jurors in Clackamas County convicted Jeff and Marci Beagley of letting their son Neal die of an untreated urinary tract infection.

KATU’s Dan Tilkin covered that story, as he has so many faith-healing stories. That’s why he traveled to Idaho to trace the connections between Followers members in both states, and a new trail of dead children.

12 deaths since 2011 of children of preventable illness. Out of the 553 marked graves at peaceful valley cemetery 144 are children under 18 that is only one gravesite but there are other sites. These people are protected by laws in that state but in other states with similar or even connected faith healing churches they are not and there have been arrests and convictions. The churches and followers have been covering this up.

There are four such churches are in Idaho.

Arrian Jade Granden.

Arrian was 15 years old. She ran track at Parma Middle School.

In June 2012, she got food poisoning.

She vomited so badly she ruptured her esophagus.

She slipped into unconsciousness and went into cardiac arrest.

She died.
……

For more than 99 percent of Idahoans, not getting medical care for a gravely sick child could be considered a crime. But for one group in Idaho, it's perfectly legal.

Pamela Jade Eells.

Doctor Charles Garrison performed the autopsy on 16-year-old Pamela. She died of pneumonia.

"If you’ve ever been in a situation where you can’t breathe, it’s pretty desperate.

"You’re drowning in your own fluids.”

The video below is from the coroner who performed Pamela’s autopsy.

Linda Martin started a Facebook page to keep track of the deaths and said this.

“The state of Idaho has the religious shield laws to where you can just about murder your child in cold blood and claim religious exemptions and get away with it,”

If you are wondering like me how people can go along with this kind of thing read this from a former member.

"Too many little kids are dying over needless things that can be cured," says a man we're calling Jacob. He's a former member of the Followers of Christ Church, which has at least three branches here in the Treasure Valley, including one in Caldwell, another near Lake Lowell and one on Ten Mile in Meridian.

Caldwell is located just west of Boise.

Jacob's identity has been protected because he still has active ties to the church and he is worried about the fallout of the investigation to current members.

"They use fear a lot, that's their main weapon," says Jacob. "It starts young. You start hearing about Hell and Lake of Fire real early."

The church believes in faith healing over medical intervention when it comes to treating their children. Jacob says even members of his own family have died from a lack of medical care.

"They really believe that praying and laying hands on is going to cure stuff," says Jacob.

Wiki
K atu.com
edit on 9-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am sorry but I can’t see how anyone can condone this. Religious freedom should not protect what is close to human sacrifice. Leave it in God’s hands is not medical treatment it is not how parents are supposed to protect their children.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Not even scripture condones this. The bible is full of verses which admonish christians to be wise. Knowledge is part of wisdom. If you are commanded to be wise, then you are defying that commandment by letting your children suffer when modern medicine can help them. There is NO excuse for this.

some random thoughts:

-The bible commands Christians to be wise (as outlined above)

-The bible indicates it is a bad idea to test God. Is this not what these people were doing?

-While faith healing occurs in the bible, it is often cited in cases where there was no known treatment or cure for the ailments it was used to heal.

-Wise as serpents yet gentle as doves (this is a double indictment against the choices these people have made)

-Christians are to be an example to others, not a mockery. It is irresponsible to not take your child to the doctor when he or she is sick. That is a poor example.

I see no possible way to justify this behavior. Absolutely irresponsible and reprehensible, and simply gives ammunition to those who seek to ridicule Christians.
edit on 9-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

is close to human sacrifice

Human sacrifice? Hyperbole much? Has no one under the treatment of a physician ever died of food poisoning? Pneumonia?

How many times on these very boards have members railed against modern medicine and drug companies? Diabetes? Take cinnamon. Cancer? Vitamin B17 Anything else? Oregano oil.

Now because someone didn't dive in the arms of the evil modern drug companies they are practicing "human sacrifice"?

If a tree hugging hippie dies of cancer because they refused chemo and was on a flax seed diet they were an inspiration, but if a bible thumper dies without a doctor's ok they are a murderer?

Well someone has their big boy hypocrite pants on today, don't they?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Carreau

One is an example of an adult making a decision and accepting the consequences. The other is a case of neglect and abuse against someone who depends on the care of others....apples and oranges

is close to human sacrifice

Human sacrifice? Hyperbole much? Has no one under the treatment of a physician ever died of food poisoning? Pneumonia?

How many times on these very boards have members railed against modern medicine and drug companies? Diabetes? Take cinnamon. Cancer? Vitamin B17 Anything else? Oregano oil.

Now because someone didn't dive in the arms of the evil modern drug companies they are practicing "human sacrifice"?

If a tree hugging hippie dies of cancer because they refused chemo and was on a flax seed diet they were an inspiration, but if a bible thumper dies without a doctor's ok they are a murderer?

Well someone has their big boy hypocrite pants on today, don't they?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

edit on 11 9 13 by crawley because: double post

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You know what, Im all for denying of medical based on your faith.

IF you are 18 years of age.

Anyone under, is the responsibility of the parents to care for and make appropriate choices, denying of essential health services to a minor based only on parents faith should be a crime.

And I am a Christian, these type of groups should be ashamed,

"What you did to the least of these you did to me", Christ would be ashamed himself of these people.

By the same token the bible says you shouldn't be concerned with how you will survive (he takes care of the birds etc) So why don't all these jackasses quit their jobs and live in the forest and "trust".

OH right but than these charlatans wouldn't get the groups tithes right...
edit on 9-11-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I don't care how many hippies or religouse nutters kill themselves off by ignoring medical science but when those idiots are filling graveyards with children who depend on them for care and those caregivers are leaving it all in gods hands they should be put in prison.

How much do you feel like betting they are pro life as well?

Those groups shouldn't breed.

In case you can't figure out the difference I will make it simple. The children don't get to choose.

How can you defend them refusing the children life saving medical is it because their religion says so?

How would you feel if another cult claimed human sacrifice was part of their religion? As long as their god demands it would you say oh that's cool?

I am so glad most Christian sects do not condone that stuff. As far as I am concerned that group is a cult.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I think what the OP was getting at, if I'm understanding correctly is, that it's one thing for an adult to refuse medical treatment for themselves, and die from it. It's another thing to make that choice for someone else, and let them die, when their illness is treatable/curable. Especially when those in leadership use terror as a means of restraining their congregation from seeking that help. I don't see that the OP was being hypocritical at all in his statement.

However some members on ATS may feel about the medical establishment, doesn't equate to what's going on with this group of people.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by Carreau

I don't care how many hippies or religouse nutters kill themselves off by ignoring medical science but when those idiots are filling graveyards with children who depend on them for care and those caregivers are leaving it all in gods hands they should be put in prison.

How much do you feel like betting they are pro life as well?

Those groups shouldn't breed.

In case you can't figure out the difference I will make it simple. The children don't get to choose.

How can you defend them refusing the children life saving medical is it because their religion says so?

How would you feel if another cult claimed human sacrifice was part of their religion? As long as their god demands it would you say oh that's cool?

I am so glad most Christian sects do not condone that stuff. As far as I am concerned that group is a cult.

Exactly, Freedom of religion does not equate to freedom to neglect your child, period.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thank you. You pretty much nailed it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I was born a snakehandler
I'll die as a snakehandler

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

All manner of evils are perpetrated under all manner of labels.

It SOUNDS LIKE this whole group could be justifiably labeled EXTRINSIC pseudo-Christians.

Following Christ is impossible without listening to Holy Spirit's guidance.

Holy Spirit enhances life, . . . the opposite of putting life at unreasonable risk or trashing it wholesale.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The sleep of reason engenders monsters.

edit on 10/11/13 by Astyanax because: it's not funny.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Did the kids get to choose?

Yes - murder - make no mistake

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Plese help me stop this. I am the source of this story. My relatives are running these churches. The churches are growing in numbers and becoming increasingly dangerous to kids. I am asking anyone who thinks this is horrible to please sign this petiton and share it with friends and groups. I have exposed some of this this groups many secrets.
Let's get them out of the shadows. Lawmakers are insensitive. The petiton is set up to where everytime it is signed the lawmakers get an e-mail. Thank You
www.change.org... -prosecution-of-child-abuse-due-to-medical-neglect-by-faith-healing-parents

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Frylock: "Maybe I should bring you some penicillin, Meatwad. Or at least take you to the doctor to get it looked at."

Master Shake: "We don't need your black magic from your witch doctor in the city."

new topics

top topics

join