It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregano Oil – The Most Important Survival Medicine Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I got rid of ring worm with oregano oil.

Also the BEST stuff for tooth infection and pain on the planet.

I do no not tolerate it internally, but do use it externally.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

FyreByrd

Yeppers - tried Oregano oil once - thought I was going to die.

I have a stubborn skin yeast infection - do you think the oregano oil would help?

As to caps - are vege ones acceptable or do you have to use animal gelatin ones?

You can do the caps of OO oral, and for external I highly recommend 100% virgin coconut oil with 100% essential Lavender oil.

Coconut oil and Lavender oil are amazing for ringworm, and skin ailments. I have personally seen this combination work on many skin disorders.

For every 1/4 cup of coconut oil, place 15 drops of pure lavender oil in a small pot, put it over very very low heat just enough to melt the coconut oil, than remove from heat and add the lavender. Once it solidifies you can use it as a salve.

And it smells wonderful too.

If you do both together your issue should disappear quickly.

Good luck to you.

RT
edit on 11-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

YES! Oil of Oregano FTW. I've shared in many threads how I can kill strep in a day or two with it, and how it can kill other infections too. If you use it with raw crushed garlic, you pack a double antibiotic punch as strong as vancomycin and other big antibiotics.

Also! Thieves oil. I will not be without that one ever again too.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Realtruth

seaside sky
I've never tried this, but now I will ! I might even try to make some myself, from my herb garden. I found this site- more info on oregano oil, and how to make your own.

www.oregano-oil.com...

In the meantime, I'll buy a bottle and try it out over the winter. Thanks for telling us about it !

Just make sure you put it in Gel caps, cause if you don't you'll be cured from taking Oregano Oil ever again.

Nothing wrong with trying to make it yourself too, let us know how that turns out.

You're going to think I'm crazy! But I love to take it straight lol. I will drop it right in my mouth and swallow it back with water. I like the way it feels. My husband will put drops in water and drink it down. I also got rid of a tooth infection with it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight
Super cool. Me and my wife just got through reading this and we are in to essential oils. We'll have to add this to the list. Thanks for the post!

My husband and I are too, we are believers in therapeutic grade oils.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

angelchemuel
I am a clinical aromatherapist and have been for over 20 years. Oregano essential oil is NOT used in aromatherapy. It has far to many what are known as contr-indications. For example it is an abortifacent, it's a skin irritant, which can be irreversible to some, it damages the mucus membranes sometimes permanently. Mucus membranes aren't just in your nose.

Just thought I would put in my 2p worth for those of you who might think this is a cure-all.

Oregano used as a herb however is a totally different kettle of fish.

Rainbows
Jane

Gary Young uses it in his raindrop therapy technique. I know a lot of people don't agree with Gary Young, but I do like his views on oregano a lot. I prefer to buy a different brand, which is wild oil of oregano 80% carvacrol.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Taissa
Gary Young uses it in his raindrop therapy technique. I know a lot of people don't agree with Gary Young, but I do like his views on oregano a lot. I prefer to buy a different brand, which is wild oil of oregano 80% carvacrol.

The wild brand is very very good, but unfortunately out of the range of many peoples budgets, so i chose to steer them in a direction that will cost them about 1/4 of the price, yet still do what is needed.

But you are correct if people can afford the wild oregano the carvacrol is much higher.

And for the record you are another hardcore straight into the mouth. Agh! smh

Peace,

RT

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I like this new way. I love to see mother nature make a comeback.

In my world, traditions being passed on generation after generation, Oregano and Thyme are essential. We never extracted and bottled up the oils. We cooked with it instead, which I suppose does the same thing drawing out the oils in the food or broth. Chicken soup for instance, the two main herbs in mine are thyme and oregano. If you incorporate these herbs into your diet - daily through the cold and flu season along with mushrooms you wont get sick to begin with. I cant remember the last time I needed antibiotics from the Dr. same goes for my husband and 3 kids. Sure we get an occasional cold or stomach bug, but no big problems. My oldest who is almost 17 now, had RSV really bad when he was an infant - the only one I didn't breast feed - he has had one ear infection when he was a year old and bronchitis twice in his life. That's it. Out of 3 kids those are the only big issues they have ever had. I on the other hand when I was a young adult and not cooking the was I was brought up, life full of stress, I was prone to pneumonia and strep. Went back to my roots cooking the way I was taught and never had it again. Saying a LOT considering I was a school bus driver for 3 years. Had the flu one time during all that but never had more than a low grade fever and only lasted 3 days. So you can bet I'm teaching my kids how to cook the way my mom taught me and her mom and dad taught her.

Now that we have moved out to the country, I have created a huge garden that will have an amazing herb section so, like you said, if somethings happens in our world, I will be able to keep my family healthy and strong.

Mushrooms are HUGE immune boosters. Thyme is a HUGE antibacterial. Excellent not only to add to your foods to keep you healthy, but also to clean with.

Also, a quirky tip if you are going to grow anything, cabbage. They say more lives were saved in the civil war with cabbage than anything else. Not only to eat, but they used the leaves as compresses to reduce fever and bandages of all things. The cabbage leaves make excellent bandages of all things.

Cinnamon and cloves also have their place, which is why they are prominent ingredients during the fall and winter.

Great thread!
edit on 11-11-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I use oil of oregano on cold sores and it works really well. When you put it on your lip it starts to burn after a few seconds. It really works.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

In my world, traditions being passed on generation after generation, Oregano and Thyme are essential. We never extracted and bottled up the oils. We cooked with it instead, which I suppose does the same thing drawing out the oils in the food or broth. Chicken soup for instance, the two main herbs in mine are thyme and oregano. If you incorporate these herbs into your diet - daily through the cold and flu season along with mushrooms you wont get sick to begin with.

I do that too. Most of the oregano that we see in the garden stores is common oregano, so I ordered Greek oregano. It's much, much stronger. I googled the type, and if the info I found was right, thats the type used in some of the oils.

Hoping it survives the winter again, it's under snow all wrapped up in burlap right now.

I watch a few cooking shows, and I always see the chefs wrap up a bouquet of herbs with a string and then take them out later. I just crumble up handfuls of herbs and leave them in. Greek oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary. The rosemary I cut up really fine.

I add lots of dried (winter) or fresh (summer) herbs to many things I cook, as well as flavour, it's probably like using the oils, just because of the amount used.

One of my dogs even digs up dandelions and eats the roots. It's not good for the yard and I really have to watch where I walk, but I like his idea of finding healthy stuff in his environment

I also planted a peppermint garden next to the house - its supposed to chase away spiders

I infused a bunch of peppermint into coconut oil, and use it for cuts and scrapes, and use peppermint tea (mild) for headaches.

I may still pick up a bottle of oil of oregano from the health food store, just to have something around that gives that extra "punch" to whatever infliction that could happen. Colloidal silver too, once I research to get the best kind
edit on 11-11-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Fantastic!! A tip I heard, and am anxious to try in the spring is taking the fresh herbs - stems off - putting them in ice cube trays, and covering with olive oil. Freeze and put in a bag till you need them. It is supposed to preserve them perfectly. Just drop the ice cube in the pot or pan and cook away.

I forgot to mention onions before, they are big immune boosters as well. My family gets so sick of me adding mushrooms and onions to everything hehehe but it keeps them healthy!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Great thread.....could not read it all as I am at work but wanted to ask a question. I take CS and Elderberry and after this thread will be looking into OO. What PPM for CS do you take and what are your thoughts on Elderberry...it seems to work wonders as well...even helps the kids. Also, for children , are there safe and effective ways to give them OO? They are 8 and 7...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Great thread.....could not read it all as I am at work but wanted to ask a question. I take CS and Elderberry and after this thread will be looking into OO. What PPM for CS do you take and what are your thoughts on Elderberry...it seems to work wonders as well...even helps the kids. Also, for children , are there safe and effective ways to give them OO? They are 8 and 7...

LOL I am getting so many private messages on CS.

Parts per million are important, but not so much as the quality of the CS, and the delivery on how it's taken in.

I have a very comprehensive thread coming up on CS that everyone will enjoy. It will be more like a CS Bible. lol

The only safe way is start with the caps and maybe use only 3 to 4 drops in them, as long as they don't have any issue swallowing caps then you are good.

Like I said earlier it's always a good rule of thumb to start with lower dosages, then work your way up.

More is not always better.

I have little experience with Elderberry, so I can't really comment with an efficacy. Maybe you can share with us your experiences?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Alright people have been asking me what the best brand of OO is.

Here is the brand I recommend, but this is in no way endorsing the company selling it just an FYI for everyone.

Good reviews to read as well, since they speak volumes about OO.

Orega nol P73

And pre-made capsules for people that just want the easy route.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384195117&sr=8-1&keywords=oregano+oil+capsules
e dit on 11-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

mrsdudara
reply to post by snowspirit

I forgot to mention onions before, they are big immune boosters as well. My family gets so sick of me adding mushrooms and onions to everything hehehe but it keeps them healthy!!

My husband won't eat onions - he says it's a texture issue. To get around his pickiness, I carmelize the onion slowly in olive oil and/or butter, then put them in the food processor until they're liquid. This way, I can add them to all soups and stews, and some sauces. The flavour changes to a sweet smokey flavour, and he misses out on the benefits of the raw onion, but at least I get some onion goodness into him.

Celery is extremely good too

This is good for almost all veggies if there's someone in your family that's picky.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I'm looking forward to your info on colloidal silver.
If you know of certain brands that are the best, or what brands aren't very good, this info would also be good to know.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Very good advice.Thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

angelchemuel
I am a clinical aromatherapist and have been for over 20 years. Oregano essential oil is NOT used in aromatherapy. It has far to many what are known as contr-indications. For example it is an abortifacent, it's a skin irritant, which can be irreversible to some, it damages the mucus membranes sometimes permanently. Mucus membranes aren't just in your nose.

Just thought I would put in my 2p worth for those of you who might think this is a cure-all.

Every single time, ANYBODY thinks that ANY SINGLE thing is a cure-for-all, they are WRONG. ALWAYS.

Oregano oil burns mucuous membranes, it destroys your gut bacteria indiscriminately (yes, even the good ones that make you healthy and are part of your own immune system), it can cause severe allergic reactions (with people who are allergic to the tyhme, marjoram or oregano), it can induce violent vomiting if taken in excessive doses (imagine that, your body is trying to get RID of it, because it is poison to it in high doses), it can cause rashes on the skin, cause iron absorption issues (in regular use), etc.

Really, if you don't know what you are doing - be careful. Oregano oil is some of the most potent herbal stuff out there that is easily available.

Think before you make yourself a lab rat. And do your own due diligence.

BTW, yes, I've tried it, overdosed on it, read a fair bit about it and still use it (in controlled amounts for specific purposes).

edit on 11-11-2013 by Pathaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

FyreByrd

Realtruth

seaside sky
I've never tried this, but now I will ! I might even try to make some myself, from my herb garden. I found this site- more info on oregano oil, and how to make your own.

www.oregano-oil.com...

In the meantime, I'll buy a bottle and try it out over the winter. Thanks for telling us about it !

Just make sure you put it in Gel caps, cause if you don't you'll be cured from taking Oregano Oil ever again.

Nothing wrong with trying to make it yourself too, let us know how that turns out.

Yeppers - tried Oregano oil once - thought I was going to die.

I have a stubborn skin yeast infection - do you think the oregano oil would help?

As to caps - are vege ones acceptable or do you have to use animal gelatin ones?

Do you what will TOTALLY help your skin yeast infection? Coconut oil! Coconut oil obliterates yeast. Get some and rub it on the affected area twice a day. And when I say coconut oil, I do NOT mean the hydrogenated $1.99 stuff from the supermarket. You have to go to the health food store and sure it's virgin, and make sure the bottle does not say "neutralized." Coconut oil is a yeast killer. It will not sting your skin like oregano oil might.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Pathaka

angelchemuel

Every single time, ANYBODY thinks that ANY SINGLE thing is a cure-for-all, they are WRONG. ALWAYS.

Oregano oil burns mucuous membranes, it destroys your gut bacteria indiscriminately (yes, even the good ones that make you healthy and are part of your own immune system), it can cause severe allergic reactions (with people who are allergic to the tyhme, marjoram or oregano), it can induce violent vomiting if taken in excessive doses (imagine that, your body is trying to get RID of it, because it is poison to it in high doses), it can cause rashes on the skin, cause iron absorption issues (in regular use), etc.

Really, if you don't know what you are doing - be careful. Oregano oil is some of the most potent herbal stuff out there that is easily available.

Think before you make yourself a lab rat. And do your own due diligence.

BTW, yes, I've tried it, overdosed on it, read a fair bit about it and still use it (in controlled amounts for specific purposes).

edit on 11-11-2013 by Pathaka because: (no reason given)

As far as I've read several studies and reports on oregano oil, it does not "indiscriminately" kill all your gut bacteria. Man made antibiotics DO. Oregano oil kills SOME of you good gut bacteria, but not all of them. Many studies have indicated that it leaves a large amount untouched, and therefore is one of the safest antibiotics if you need one.

For the rest of your post, it just takes some common sense that to realize that you have to use ANYthing with a bit of care and understanding. I do think some people assume that because something is an herb, it can't be harmful if overused, so it's good to remind people that anything effective should be personally researched before use. But unfortunately, this is hardly ever the case when people receive prescriptions from doctors.

I'd like to add that it's easy to see why some people can easily get excited by herbs. In MANY cases, they are simply more effective, cheaper and better than what doctors can sometimes prescribe. When you've been to a doctor who has prescribed you umpteen things for something, and none of them really worked, and then you try oregano oil and the problem disappears permanently, it's a GOOD reason to use it and to be excited by it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join