It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregano Oil – The Most Important Survival Medicine Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

good you started a thread on this, I was reading some info on another thread about oregano.

but I also came in here because People say life is all about our own perspective and well, I had car trouble and when I first saw the thread in the Recent Posts list, I thought it said 'Engine Oil'

slightly off topic but it leads me to another question. Is oregano any good for 'inflammation'?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Thurisaz

good you started a thread on this, I was reading some info on another thread about oregano.

but I also came in here because People say life is all about our own perspective and well, I had car trouble and when I first saw the thread in the Recent Posts list, I thought it said 'Engine Oil'

slightly off topic but it leads me to another question. Is oregano any good for 'inflammation'?

Where is the inflammation?

Because sometimes Oregano Oil can be beneficial, I'll explain once I know where it resides.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

angelchemuel
I am a clinical aromatherapist and have been for over 20 years. Oregano essential oil is NOT used in aromatherapy. It has far to many what are known as contr-indications. For example it is an abortifacent, it's a skin irritant, which can be irreversible to some, it damages the mucus membranes sometimes permanently. Mucus membranes aren't just in your nose.

As a clinical aromatherapist you would also know that many essential oils in there pure form will and can destroy mucus membranes, that is why it's important to know how much to use and how to take it.

And for those who don't know what an abortifacent is it causes mis-carriages and/or abortions, so pregnant women should never take it. Pregnant women should be ultra aware of anything they are taking in, so a good rule of thumb is if you don't understand what it is then don't eat it, or take it.

There are also many herbs that cause mis-carriages too.

I wish we had classes for this in elementary school, because so many children would benefit from the basics.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

whitewave
Glad to see a thread devoted to Oregano Oil. I had cause to use it a few weeks ago when I went to a friends house and they complained to me of an exposed nerve from a cavity. Since I was at their house, not mine, I gave what relief I could with the tools they had available in their home but came back later with oregano oil.

My friend didn't want to go to the dentist because 1) nobody wants to go to the dentist and 2) they had called a dentist already and found out it would cost almost $300.00 to have the rotted tooth extracted!''

I carefully drew up a single drop of OO and diluted it with a single drop of olive oil and placed it directly on the exposed cavity. I dropped in daily for the next 3 days and repeated the process. My friend reported that the pain was gone with the first application (pain returned after about 6 hours but less severely). All pain and signs of infection were completely gone by third day. The exposed nerve was killed. Apparently. I'm not a dentist.

Point being, pain gone, infection gone, $300.00 bucks saved.

Interesting. So your friend never did see a dentist to fix this cavity? Left untreated, it would continue to be a problem, developing into something much worse than what you supposedly "solved" for them. Is this a case of "all dentists are scam artists" or something? Or is your friend fine with losing teeth one by one, pulling them out on their own? Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrick99

My friend is 76, on social security, and doesn't care for the healthcare field at all, thinks all doctors are quacks. She's a pip and even though I've been in the healthcare field for over 30 years, she rarely takes my advice to go see a doctor.
She's the one (I mentioned in another thread) that baffled the doctors by testing negative for Hep C after nearly dying from it. (Yes, there is a cure). So, no, I'm not against healthcare professionals or traditional treatment for ones ailments but if there are cheaper safe alternatives then why not avail oneself of them?

I've been taking colloidal silver for years but have less experience with oregano oil. When I contracted Acinotobacter baumani (spelling?) from a patient years ago (92% mortality rate!) I tried oregano oil without success so kind of put it out of my mind until a few weeks ago when my friend complained about her tooth. Hope that clears things up.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Thurisaz

As realtruth says, Oregano Oil is an amazing substance. For inflammtion, many people report miraculous results after using cayenne. Capsacian is the substance that fights the inflammation, and can often stop the inflammatory process completely. You can buy cayenne in varying strengths.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Black cumin oil is amazing for inflamation. Both topical and consumed.

Another inflamation inhibitor is raw cocoa powder. It inhibits the PLA2 enzyme that is involved in inflamation and membrane breakdown.

Important to remember is that inflamation is your body's way of saying something is wrong. Suppressing the inflamation controls symptoms. Better to fix the cause. In our chemically saturated world a lot of inflamation is caused by toxins the body can't get rid of. Investigate things that help detoxing. I find earthclinic.com a wonderful resource for this type of thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Do you use wild oregano oil or just commercial oregano oil?

My understanding is that they are two different things.

Ive heard of the health benefits of wild oregano, and have used the wild oregano oil to clear sinus infections and other stuff. But, I was just curious as to which you were using.

And yes, the oil itself is turrible, I use a few drops in a glass of water 2 times a day, and that taste just lingers forever.......

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My two cents: Oregano oil in controlled lab stories has been shown to be as powerful or more powerful than the most potent man made antibiotics, with one difference: unlike man made antibiotics, oregano oil doesn't kill all the GOOD gut flora. It can be used like an antibiotic, meaning taken several times a day for a two to three week period to get rid of many of the same things that regular antibiotics are prescribed for. Also, oregano oil does not create antibiotic tolerance in the human or the bugs. Pretty cool, no?

I don't feel the need to use gel caps. I just put three or four drops under my tongue, reason being, there are veins under the tongue that will transport it quickly to the bloodstream.

Re: damaging to tissues. Pure oregano oil, perhaps. But most oregano oil sold at health food stores is diluted 1 parts oregano oil to 4 parts olive or some other benign oil and has never been shown to damage tissues - irritate skin temporarily, sometimes, but not permanently.

Unfortunately, last I heard, scientists were trying to "isolate" the "active" ingredient in oregano oil, so they can put it on steroids and make it ten times as powerful. This will no doubt result in problems and side effects since all the other supporting ingredients will have been removed, ingredients that usually temper the active ingredient. Other tests have shown that actually doing this to oregano oil makes it not as effective, unlike many other attempts to isolate something. So maybe they'll leave it alone.

A friend of mine had chlamydia so we treated him with oregano oil - gone.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

thebtheb

I don't feel the need to use gel caps. I just put three or four drops under my tongue, reason being, there are veins under the tongue that will transport it quickly to the bloodstream.

Re: damaging to tissues. Pure oregano oil, perhaps. But most oregano oil sold at health food stores is diluted 1 parts oregano oil to 4 parts olive or some other benign oil and has never been shown to damage tissues - irritate skin temporarily, sometimes, but not permanently.

You are very hard core. Anyone that can weather putting it under their tongue deserves to get better fast.

Two reasons for gel caps one for noobs it protects them from the awful taste, and two it's sometimes hard to tell if your getting pure EO, or like you say cut with a carrier.

I myself have used it under the tongue but I could never get use of the taste.

Thanks for your input.

RT

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Chickensalad

Ive heard of the health benefits of wild oregano, and have used the wild oregano oil to clear sinus infections and other stuff. But, I was just curious as to which you were using.

And yes, the oil itself is turrible, I use a few drops in a glass of water 2 times a day, and that taste just lingers forever.......

I have used both and honestly I can't tell the difference, some people swear there is but I have had equal success with both. Wild oregano is about 3 to 5 times more expensive, but I feel people should try them both because one might work better for them.

And I don't do direct OO anymore, like you said the taste lingers forever.

Peace,

RT

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

DO NOT get it anywhere near the gens, the stuff if powerful and you have to be very careful with it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Realtruth

Chickensalad

I have used both and honestly I can't tell the difference, some people swear there is but I have had equal success with both. Wild oregano is about 3 to 5 times more expensive, but I feel people should try them both because one might work better for them.

And I don't do direct OO anymore, like you said the taste lingers forever.

Peace,

RT

it's a different plant, if you were to see it or smell it you would recognize it as oregano, I'm not sure of the exact differences. Look for "true greek" oregano seeds, I was going to order some, but I happened to find the seeds at my local nursery.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

S&F for the info.

Herbs are the way to go!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thought I would briefly comment on what I've been reading.

A few years back I had a great deal of stress (work related) and I was pushing my body way much further than I should on a daily basis. Combine that with a minimal amount of sleep and i had the perfect mixture for my "Walking Pneumonia" to flare back up, (yes, once gotten it never leaves the body, it just goes into remission).

So after much discomfort I too went to the Doctor where they prescribed pain pills (and something else for the lungs that I can't recall right now).

After consulting with several friends that are into alternative medicine, it was suggested that I might want to try Oregano Oil.

I would do two drops in the morning and two drops at night before going to bed (mixed into my herbal tea). It took a few days to get used to the taste (think of a liquid Pizza drink). But interestingly enough after about the 4th day I started feeling much better. I drop my dosage down to one drop in the morn and one at night and I still was feeling better. After about 9 days I felt I had the pneumonia back into it's re-missive state. I did continue three (3) more days of the drops to just be sure.

Now one might ask did the "bug" do so (go back into remission) by it's own accord or did oregano oil really help? I have to say that since I only have my own personal experiences to compare with, that yes, the Oil did speed up the healing process. My other 4 prior episodes had me knocked off my feet for up to 20-30 days (depending on the severity of each).

Your personal results may be different and I would strongly suggest researching as much as you can (both the pro and cons) before attempting to use the oil on yourself or a loved one. The oil is extremely powerful and strong and can do damage (as has been mentioned), if not handled properly.

But in a world where Doctors treat the symptoms and not try to cure you, I try to keep an open mind. Because seriously when it comes to the Medical practices of today, where's the money in you being well?

This concludes my 2 cents,
Johnny

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is good and true info. Well-written and completely informative thread. S+F.

Other essential oils can stop the flu in its tracks. I was getting the flu a couple of weeks ago. I mixed peppermint oil (pure) and oregano oil. I placed this on the top of my head where the oil can go directly into my scalp, and on the back of my head and on the jugular veins. This flu was going to be a bad one.

My stomach already felt like a truck had run over it (1st day), and the reason I put the oil on my head is because part of this bug was giving me what felt like a migrane headache. Just be careful if you ever try this: DO NOT get this in your eyes or you will be screaming! The next morning I woke up, and only had the headache. I used the oil again on my head and jugular veins the rest of the day about every 4 hours. The next day the flu was gone.

Where can you ever hear about someone getting over the worst flu of the season in 2 days? Only on ATS. The doctor will never share this type of info, because they are not trained in these types of knowledge!

edit to add: I also rubbed my hands together and inhaled the vapors of the oils. The vapors will go into the lungs, and distribute throughout the body. Just MAKE SURE you get the purest of oils (they do cost a little more).
edit on 11/10/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Realtruth

thebtheb

You are very hard core. Anyone that can weather putting it under their tongue deserves to get better fast.

Two reasons for gel caps one for noobs it protects them from the awful taste, and two it's sometimes hard to tell if your getting pure EO, or like you say cut with a carrier.

I myself have used it under the tongue but I could never get use of the taste.

Thanks for your input.

RT

Well I have a method. Carefully deposit it directly under the tongue. Have a glass of water handy. Do not swish it around in your mouth, do not swallow, just wait. You'd be surprised that it doesn't really burn very much at all. I stay like that for as long as I can until I feel the need to take a swig of water, swallow, take another swig of water and gargle. I don't find it unpleasant at all.

I should add that I can't STAND mixing it with a quarter cup of water or even a whole cup of water or tea. I find it absolutely disgusting, and THAT is the only time is lingers.

Re: the wild oregano or not. I do know that most of the oregano at the grocery store is not actually oregano, but marjoram, a similar plant. The actual oregano plant is different from what is used to create the herb oregano you see in stores.
edit on 10-11-2013 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, men can get those type of infections---just when they yeast expect it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone thus far for they personal input and experiences with Oregano Oil. I'm glad to see there are people that already know how useful OO is.

And for the people that are going to try this, or any other remedy a good word of wisdom is always start with half the dosages recommended and work your way up.

More is not better IMO.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Realtruth

seaside sky
I've never tried this, but now I will ! I might even try to make some myself, from my herb garden. I found this site- more info on oregano oil, and how to make your own.

www.oregano-oil.com...

In the meantime, I'll buy a bottle and try it out over the winter. Thanks for telling us about it !

Just make sure you put it in Gel caps, cause if you don't you'll be cured from taking Oregano Oil ever again.

Nothing wrong with trying to make it yourself too, let us know how that turns out.

Yeppers - tried Oregano oil once - thought I was going to die.

I have a stubborn skin yeast infection - do you think the oregano oil would help?

As to caps - are vege ones acceptable or do you have to use animal gelatin ones?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join