It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Our Darkest Moment [Nov2013]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Dropping us off in unfamiliar surroundings,my feelings are strong that this is just not right.
We should not be here, clearing out a species to make room for us. It's their world,not ours to take over.
There are plenty of planets to make our own, why this one?
I question those above me, only to be dismissed as just being a simple fool.

Yes , simple fool.

We have a long history, our ancient civilization, of destroying and conquering.
Is it not enough that we have done it to our own world that we must venture out into the cosmos,seeking out other worlds to do but only the same?

As I search out the area I was assigned to, I come upon a camp which seems empty at first.
But the coals in the fire are still warm as I wave my sensors above it.
Moving slowly, I detect a sound off to the side of me.
Looking deep into the darkness , I see a small human child,scared and frightened.
As something in my heart reaches deep inside me, remembering my own children back on my home planet, I lower my weapon and kneel down to see this child.
As I do, the memories of my childhood come flooding back inside me when I was once so frightened.

Remembering the briefing on this species, I try to mimic a smile, but ,seeing in her eyes, she seems repulsed by my appearance.
I can understand her fear ,as I have felt it before.
Laying my weapon and sensors down, I bow down to her and motion for her to come forward.
Using my translator,I tell her that it is safe, that I will not harm her.
As she comes to me in a cautiously slow move, I hear behind me one of my comrades come rushing in shouting.
Retrieving my weapon,rising up quickly and turning around to face him I tell him to stop.
Leave this one alone, I tell him.
But our mission is to eradicate them all, he shouts as he aims his weapon at the child.
In an instant, without thinking, I shoot and kill him.
I look back at the human child, who has coward behind a rock and is safe,for now.
Stunned, I look upon my comrade, who I had just killed.
And my only thoughts are I saved a child and why are we even here......

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Cuz they'll spoil the real estate!

S/F

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sounded like a scene from Star Trek.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks.

I like FP perspective.

More please! More adventure

peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Broom
Sounded like a scene from Star Trek.

Actually it sounded a lot more like real life, in fact something going on right at this moment.
Well, except for the child being defended by a noble human.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No doubt. Star Trek was usually a commentary on real problems. Part of the genius of Gene Roddenberry.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

I really didn't reference anything that I know of, but maybe subconsciously I did.

Peace

K

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Good story! Reminds us of the likelihood that patterns repeat, and that civilization will ultimately screw up other places once they use up their resources.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

argentus
Good story! Reminds us of the likelihood that patterns repeat, and that civilization will ultimately screw up other places once they use up their resources.

I feel they do repeat, throughout our own history. All it takes sometimes is for one to stand up against it, to get the ball rolling.

And thank you for the compliment.

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Good entry Kdog!!

Thought provoking.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thank you west. Just my first try at it.

top topics

join