It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intellectual Property

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In recent years, I have come to learn that what's in my mind, what I have either learned on my own or been trained to understand is owned and can not be shared.
Can not share trade secrets that came from me!!

They will sue my brain.

A little insight into what I am talking about.......

A trade secret is a formula, practice, process, design, instrument, pattern, or compilation of information which is not generally known or reasonably ascertainable, by which a business can obtain an economic advantage over competitors or customers. In the US, trade secret law is primarily handled at the state level under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, which most states have adopted, and a federal law, the Economic Espionage Act of 1996 (18 U.S.C. §§ 1831–1839), which makes the theft or misappropriation of a trade secret a federal crime. This law contains two provisions criminalizing two sorts of activity. The first, 18 U.S.C. § 1831(a), criminalizes the theft of trade secrets to benefit foreign powers. The second, 18 U.S.C. § 1832, criminalizes their theft for commercial or economic purposes. (The statutory penalties are different for the two offenses.) Trade secret law varies from country to country.[13]:150–153

en.wikipedia.org...
Yes, don't go all Rand Paul on me.

I bring this up because several years ago, I was let go from this company for inappropriate behavior,go figure.
So, for the last several years I floated around ,working with other various companies, getting training from them and what not, also figuring stuff out on my own.
So, now, here soon, I will be back with the original company that let me go and they already have asked me what I know about the competitors ,for lack of a better word,stuff.

I know what I know, and alot of it I figured out on my own.
I didn't steal from anyone,not like I pirated a movie or something.

Then ,just looking around , I found this....

What is Intellectual Property?

Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce.

IP is protected in law by, for example, patents, copyright and trademarks, which enable people to earn recognition or financial benefit from what they invent or create. By striking the right balance between the interests of innovators and the wider public interest, the IP system aims to foster an environment in which creativity and innovation can flourish.

www.wipo.int...

Shouldn't I be protected under this.

Just throwing it out there and thinking this pooch is getting screwed.

But, I am thankful for getting a job again.

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Those laws don't protect dogs or mice. They only protect people who have lawyers.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

rickymouse
Those laws don't protect dogs or mice. They only protect people who have lawyers.

Would it work if I just woofed and wagged my imaginary tail?
edit on k082013111982 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

kdog1982

rickymouse

Would it work if I just woofed and wagged my imaginary tail?
edit on k082013111982 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Probably cheaper and more effective than hiring half the lawyers I know.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Everybody sing with me

Ready?

The pooch is getting screwed,
Hi ho the dairy oooooooooooo,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,
The pooch is getting screwed.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
Everybody sing with me

Ready?

Hi ho the dairy oooooooooooo,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,
The pooch is getting screwed.

Love it!!!

I just hope they are wearing a condom.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I read through your rant twice trying to form a reply and finally had to go read it again so's to boil it down to its essence

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire

I read through your rant twice trying to form a reply and finally had to go read it again so's to boil it down to its essence

6 more years of this, and I can get out of the game and go fishing when ever I want.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So, now, here soon, I will be back with the original company that let me go and they already have asked me what I know about the competitors ,for lack of a better word,stuff.

If you tell them and they gain from that, that is theft for economic and profit reasons isn't it? Could you be held accountable for that? If you signed a waiver at this other companies, yah. And if you give that information up willingly, double yah.

My two cents…

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

intrptr

If you tell them and they gain from that, that is theft for economic and profit reasons isn't it? Could you be held accountable for that? If you signed a waiver at this other companies, yah. And if you give that information up willingly, double yah.

My two cents…

I didn't sign nothing , and I read the fine print.
They pull that stuff on you when you exit.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So what I got from this, based upon your choice of words, in a nutshell, is:

- You work for "some company" and want to make it sound important and secretive, therefore won't even name what kind of trade or business it entails.

- You use vague statement's such as " I found it out on my own" , regarding so-called "trade secrets", again, making it sound important and secretive even though it probably isn't.

- Everything in the thread is vague and has no point to it

- Everything in the thread is just basically a textual flaunting of a pseudo-doughnut in front of a fat man's face at the head of a tredmilll for personal pleasure.

No?

edit on 11/9/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Here's to hanging in there brother.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

unb3k44n7
So what I got from this, based upon your choice of words, in a nutshell, is:

- You work for "some company" and want to make it sound important and secretive, therefore won't even name what kind of trade or business it entails.

- You use vague statement's such as " I found it out on my own" , regarding so-called "trade secrets", again, making it sound important and secretive even though it probably isn't.

- Everything in the thread is vague and has no point to it

- Everything in the thread is just basically a textual flaunting of a pseudo-doughnut in front of a fat man's face at the head of a tredmilll for personal pleasure.

No?

edit on 11/9/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

Take it for what ever you will,brother. Not really here for your pleasure.

Unless you got a doughnut , but still will not work.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Good post. Yes, its madness. Sheer madness. You can independently come up with an idea that's "owned" by someone else, and not only be blocked from developing it (patents) but be blocked from talking about it (trade secrets). Of course there's a place for IP, when it comes to copying someone elses song note for note and calling it your own, but a lot of the patents are blocking progress, because what they are allowed to patent is one of the fundamental building blocks of a great idea, which can never move forward without paying out endlessly to the patent holders.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

tridentblue

Good post. Yes, its madness. Sheer madness. You can independently come up with an idea that's "owned" by someone else, and not only be blocked from developing it (patents) but be blocked from talking about it (trade secrets). Of course there's a place for IP, when it comes to copying someone elses song note for note and calling it your own, but a lot of the patents are blocking progress, because what they are allowed to patent is one of the fundamental building blocks of a great idea, which can never move forward without paying out endlessly to the patent holders.

Very true,my friend.
What's funny is the "tech" support they have for us and I usually fix the problem before they can figure it out. Wheels spinning on the ground,

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I didn't sign nothing , and I read the fine print.
They pull that stuff on you when you exit.

Thats why you can't disclose it to another entity, even at a BBQ or whatever. If the "new" company you work for gets you to spill it casually, then later they can always say you told them. You will be the one in hot water. After all they didn't force you to tell them, they just asked you. Thats their safety net… you.

One time a CEO of a company I worked for went to the competitions lobby and signed in as himself representing our company, walked upstairs and hired the whole engineering department, who followed him downstairs out the door and to our companies engineering dept. They released the new microprocessor for us instead of the competition.

The case was dismissed because the other company let him into their building. He just walked in and signed in without lying about who he was.

Theres the rub. Its only illegal if coercion (like blackmail, bribes) or deception (corporate espionage, aka-- spying) is used.

edit on 9-11-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

top topics

join