It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man given death sentence in the USA for not being rich

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Its the same here in the UK in regards to free healthcare.
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Stop!
#1 Nothing is free, you are paying for it.
#2 Stop acting like it's good healthcare, my wife is from the UK and she had private healthcare. When I asked her why she replied, "because I wanted good healthcare and I did not want to wait 10 weeks for a simple Dr.'s appointment"

The fact is this man was doing fine until they illegally passed this "BS" ACA scam.
This is so bad it's not even as good as your "free healthcare".

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

10 weeks for a doctors appointment? Hmmm me'thinks maybe somebody is making things up.

I've been receiving NHS care on a monthly basis for the past 20 years, and while it certainly isn't perfect, it is still very very good and it prevents people from dying when they either cannot afford medical help or they don't want to be straddled with debt for the rest of their life .

One benefit a country has with free healthcare, is that we don't come across as selfish and self-centered.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Prezbo369
reply to post by GunzCoty

10 weeks for a doctors appointment? Hmmm me'thinks maybe somebody is making things up.

I've been receiving NHS care on a monthly basis for the past 20 years, and while it certainly isn't perfect, it is still very very good and it prevents people from dying when they either cannot afford medical help or they don't want to be straddled with debt for the rest of their life .

One benefit a country has with free healthcare, is that we don't come across as selfish and self-centered.

Anything the government gives to one, it takes from another. After awhile, the one who is having stuff given to him comes to rely on it. Expect it. I am of the opinion that this has an effect on self reliance, personal responsibility, and accountability.

Now, we don't see it as a rampant issue in Britain. However, go to a nation where a despotic regime has ruled, you have people who are unaccustomed to making decisions, which really effects their work productivity. You find the same in prisons and mental hospitals. It is called "Institutionalization", where you become accustomed to having and institution take care of something for you.

THe more times the governments hand goes to my mouth, the more of my own independance I lose. WHile the seas of independance may be somewhat rough and choppy, I would still rather have that freedom.

What you call "selfish and self centered" may actually be your misunderstanding of "self reliant". There is no need to denigrate an individualist. I am an individualist. I tend to make those around me better by expecting more of them. If they "get it", they thrive. If they don't "get it", they think I am selfish. I am not selfish, and give my time and patience freely to help others learn to rely on themselves, too.

Its all in how you prefer to view it. I, personally, see a hive mentality as being beneath me. My creator made me strong so I could stand on my own.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Prezbo369

Why do you call it that?

Seems like the only time it is free is for people who don't work...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
America holds values such as self accountability and self sufficiency. With that mindset its justifiable to let a person perish if they can not afford treatment. So far so good in pre WW II Germany it was the same, all around the world really, doctors were for those whom can afford them.

Of course that mindset changed around the world but not in America. While the powerfull, be the artificial or natural persons help themselves to all the government intervention and assistance (in their favor) they can get, the poor and powerless in America are still told to uphold the hard values America prided itself of once, but that of course creates a 2 class society, where the poor live in capitalism where they compete against each other and the most able/cheapest prevailes and the rich and powerfull live in cronyism.

Of course the 2 class society in America is not the subject of debate and it isnt the only country which is ailed by it, Italy is a mirror image of America society and mindset in many ways for example, but the mantra of self sufficiency and self accountability is the general idea on how that can be allowed to happen.

But as you can see in the last sentence, it isnt about American values anymore, it has just become a mantra the rich parrot to the poor, whom for the most part, dont live what they say, but created themselves a world of cronyism, do overs and favoritism, to shield themselves from the hard standards their forefathers envisioned Americans to live up to.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Anything the government gives to one, it takes from another. After awhile, the one who is having stuff given to him comes to rely on it. Expect it. I am of the opinion that this has an effect on self reliance, personal responsibility, and accountability.

Now, we don't see it as a rampant issue in Britain. However, go to a nation where a despotic regime has ruled, you have people who are unaccustomed to making decisions, which really effects their work productivity. You find the same in prisons and mental hospitals. It is called "Institutionalization", where you become accustomed to having and institution take care of something for you.

THe more times the governments hand goes to my mouth, the more of my own independance I lose. WHile the seas of independance may be somewhat rough and choppy, I would still rather have that freedom.

What you call "selfish and self centered" may actually be your misunderstanding of "self reliant". There is no need to denigrate an individualist. I am an individualist. I tend to make those around me better by expecting more of them. If they "get it", they thrive. If they don't "get it", they think I am selfish. I am not selfish, and give my time and patience freely to help others learn to rely on themselves, too.

Its all in how you prefer to view it. I, personally, see a hive mentality as being beneath me. My creator made me strong so I could stand on my own.

I get that, you've placed yourself upon quite a large pedestal which allows you to consider yourself better than everyone else and ignore those that you deem beneath you. However for other folk such as myself, that work and live within a civilization, and who don't consider themselves better than those around us, having a national health care system that ensures everyone has access to medical help is essential.

If you don't like that then maybe living within a civilization, a society, isn't for you?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Xtrozero

Prezbo369

Why do you call it that?

Seems like the only time it is free is for people who don't work...

Why do I call a national health service free?

Well there's no charge, it's payed for with our national insurance contributions........and that means nobody has to die because they couldnt afford any healthcare.....

45k a year...because folk like the poster above resents the fact his/here tax dorras might go towards helping another...
wwjd?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join