It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's Going To Be A War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I remember back when the Iraq war started and certain kinds of songs were banned from radio.
I have just searched the song War by Was Not Was and its nowhere to be found on youtube.

Mods move this to any forum but the jokes and puns,unlike my other thread.
edit on 11/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- All Caps, please don't use them

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Care to elaborate? Or should we all get in our bunkers because you couldn't find a song?

For the sake of humanity, let me search for you.

You'd think they'd pull this:

Or this

edit on 8-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can still find this one:

And this one:

edit on 8-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
I remember back when the Iraq war started and certain kinds of songs were banned from radio.
I have just searched the song War by Was Not Was and its nowhere to be found on youtube.

Mods move this to any forum but the jokes and puns,unlike my other thread.
edit on 11/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- All Caps, please don't use them

Shouldn't this go in Predictions.... I honestly never thought of what you posted.... Can anyone verify this??? It's a loooooooooooong shot even from hein sight, but still...

Now is taking a video off of youtube..... The same as taking it off the radio???

Curious minds want to know....

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
well u know what they said about the hemline and the stock market,,,,sorta the same,,its trend setting,,

wheres my BRILLCREAM,,,,
,,,,, maaa

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
of course there is. it's what we do.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Symptom,

I'm seriously curious on where you picked up on this at... Like, when did you last notice this....? What song, what station, et cetera~

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry until everything on YouTube of the 1960's is taken down. There is still plenty of radical music, movies, social happenings, etc. from that era on there.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Despite the lack of evidence, and briefness of the op, it does raise an interesting speculative topic.

Has anyone else every noticed censorship preceding an event, it is an interesting and valid question to ask.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What do you mean ... GOING to be ... a war?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a64f5b05f86.png[/atsimg]

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I don't notice the censorship so much as I notice the patterns. When they want something, the whole of media seems to be saturated with the theme.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by benrl

I don't notice the censorship so much as I notice the patterns. When they want something, the whole of media seems to be saturated with the theme.

That would be an example, flooding the media with propaganda would serve to drown out other things youd rather not be heard.

A form of defacto censorship I suppose.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Are you sure that's the actual name of the song? I can't find anything about it.. Accidently found a Leonard Nimoy singing on vinyl haha..

"Touch Of Leonard Nimoy
LP (Item 26903) Dot, Late 60s — Condition: Very Good"

haha...

This old music is putting me ina groovy mood.. Wishing I had some herbal tea? to go along now..
edit on 11/8/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Yeah.. I also missed where the war ever ended...

(source)

Looks busy to me. Too busy....

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

"War" by Mr. Starr,, one of the greatest Spiritual Hyms of all time.

eve of destruction,,,hell they didnt even know about Cuba yet,,,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Care to elaborate? Or should we all get in our bunkers because you couldn't find a song?

For the sake of humanity, let me search for you.

You'd think they'd pull this:

man you beat me.

for anyone who hasn't read the book or seen the movie that inspired this song. i recommend you do.

The song's theme and lyrics are based on Dalton Trumbo's 1939 novel Johnny Got His Gun, telling the tale of a soldier who is hit by an artillery shell and loses his limbs, eyes, ears and mouth. His mind functions perfectly, however, leaving him trapped inside his own body (which could also be described as a special form of locked-in syndrome). Trumbo directed the movie adaptation in 1971, from which the footage for the "One" music video is taken.
One (Metallica song)

here is the full movie. don't let the preview screen fool ya.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

benrl
Despite the lack of evidence, and briefness of the op, it does raise an interesting speculative topic.

Has anyone else every noticed censorship preceding an event, it is an interesting and valid question to ask.

If you speak to anyone who lived pre-wwii, they will have plenty of indicators that lead to war. Many (anecdotal - first person) predicted Iraq, etc.

Although nothing is cut and dry, there do seem to be indicators, like money markets, police/military force funding, deployment, etc.

To quantify it all, I have not put in the effort to do so properly.

But I do believe it is possible.
edit on 8-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If you play Bob Seger 2+2, followed by Bob Seger No More. You can see that not much has changed in 40 some odd years. Songs were wrote 40+ years apart and all thats difference is the landscape.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Maddog5595 because: add more details

edit on 8-11-2013 by Maddog5595 because: correction

edit on 8-11-2013 by Maddog5595 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Searching the band's discography and I can't find a listing for a song "War" on any of their albums.

Was (not was) had six albums as near as I can tell. I don't see it listed on any of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
only one song i know of called war and that was by edwin starr

that was posted above

and the best song was not was did.

edit on 8-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join