It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Uninsured Americans Ignoring Health Exchange Sites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This whole fiasco is just an excuse for the government to steal tax refunds from poor people that need them.

Also it's just a continuation and actually a worse version of the scam Nixon started in 1973.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

What's wrong with you? It's not just the poor. It's a lot of people who from the middle class on down who will be in this boat.

The SCOTUS reclassified it as a tax for a reason.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Define middle class.

Poor is not being able to pay your bills. The median wage in 2010 was around 26k. That means that the "middle class" worker only makes 26k a year. I don't know about you, but that's poor in most areas of the U.S.

Don't get me started on the actual low class group and what that actually means.
edit on 8-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: not upper

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
By the time everything is said and done more people are going to be with insurance than there was to start with. I say it was never meant to work. It is just a money grab scam. The government is running the biggest money scam in history with this carp. The scam is not going to work like they want it to. The whole mess is going to backfire on them. In the end they will be few if any winners. The winners will be the ones that pocket the millions if not billions from this scam. If a private company tried something like this they would all go to jail.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

There is a very interesting question here. What defines "knowledge?" Is it presumed that everyone in the country, all 350 million people, watch TV news?

Millions of laws, you have to know each and every one of them, so what is being used as "you knew all about it but chose to ignore it?" Is "word of mouth" the effort here? News paper headlines? Even the congress people do not know the law.

TV news swore you could keep your own plan, they were wrong. TV new swore prices would go down, they were wrong. To TV news isn't a reliable anything. And the exact same thing can be said for every congressman. No one seems to know the law, so...

Since the government has not personally, PERSONALLY informed each and every person by certified letter what is the obligation?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ManOfHart
I am ignoring the site because I would rather take my chances than pay THOUSANDS of dollars. I can not afford 100 dollars a month for a family let alone Thousands.

I feel I am speaking for many others as well.

Frankly I am just waiting for the implosion of the health care act.

Indeed..you are not alone. But I would suggest you check with your state to see if it has expanded ObamaCare Medicaid. In Illinois, EVERY adult who earn less than $17,000 in annual taxable income is eligible. It's free to the insured and there's no deductibles to pay. Not the best doctors, but it's better than nothing.

But, if you don't want ANY insurance, free or otherwise, hospitals are still required to stabilize your illness or injury, regardless of your ability to pay, or not pay. The Emergency Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) law has not changed one bit since its 1986 inception. Both legal and illegal uninsured people use it...often times with good outcomes.

Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

-cwm

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

crankyoldman
reply to post by xuenchen

There is a very interesting question here. What defines "knowledge?" Is it presumed that everyone in the country, all 350 million people, watch TV news?

Millions of laws, you have to know each and every one of them, so what is being used as "you knew all about it but chose to ignore it?" Is "word of mouth" the effort here? News paper headlines? Even the congress people do not know the law.

TV news swore you could keep your own plan, they were wrong. TV new swore prices would go down, they were wrong. To TV news isn't a reliable anything. And the exact same thing can be said for every congressman. No one seems to know the law, so...

Since the government has not personally, PERSONALLY informed each and every person by certified letter what is the obligation?

Great point !

The old saying "ignorance of the law excuses no one" is in play but has exceptions.

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one") is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because he or she was unaware of its content. In the United States, exceptions to this general rule are found in cases such as Lambert v. California (knowledge of city ordinances) and Cheek v. United States (willfulness requirement in U.S. federal tax crimes).

European-law countries with a tradition of Roman law may also use an expression from Aristotle translated into Latin: nemo censetur ignorare legem (nobody is thought to be ignorant of the law) or ignorantia iuris nocet (not knowing the law is harmful).

Ignorantia juris non excusat

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
count me in on this.

I've just lost my health insurance, and after calling just yesterday and getting quoted $965 a month for a bad plan for my wife and I, I won't get insurance.

If one of us has to go to the hospital Ill just get treatment for free and file bankruptcy, I'll be bankrupt with or without insurance.

I'm not eligible for subsidies, I work for a living and do pretty well. This system is designed to punish those who work and don't depend of government.
edit on 9/11/13 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If you do not get insurance you will be fined.

If you do not get health insurance for many years, you will be find many years worth.

The IRS is controlling the whole giving fines thing.

If one decides to "live on their own" for long enough, one will be in prison before too long, and only because they have not paid their mandated product that they must buy 'said the government in 2013 AC. '

Is there anywhere in the constitution of the United States of America that states that a citizen of the United States of America shall not be forced to purchase a product or thing???

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I will not go to Darth Vaders website.

He can keep his Imperial insurance-

Im with Han Solo and Chewbacca.

Stay away from the Death Star.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

beezzer
People could ALWAYS receive healthcare.

Laws are in place so that no-one can be turned away from receiving care. The poor know this. They also know that they'll get care if they spend money or if they don't. So they won't spend the money.

*caveat; I'm sure that there are examples of people being turned away from hospitals. I'm speaking in general terms and of current laws.

Such BS tossed around by EVIL people (and I really do think people who say this are evil).

This is a 100% lie. Sure on an emergency basis, they have to treat you but if you have an illness which would cause a slow death instead of a sudden death, THE PAST SYSTEM WOULD LET YOU DIE!!!!

There are plenty of people who are in pain or have long term illness who can not get treatment!

There's lots of negative stuff to say about ACA without resorting to this absolute lie.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

JIMC5499
Everybody seems to be missing the point. ACA was NEVER MEANT TO WORK!!! The entire idea behind it was to destroy the current system and blame it on the evil insurance companies, thus opening the door for a single payer system. Once that happens it is all over. You thought what Bloomberg's tried to do in New York was over the top, you haven't seen anything yet.

Yes, I starting to think this WAS designed to fail. But, I don't think it's to open the door for a single payer system. I think this is all just a plan to turn the States into a third world country with the majority of people without basic necessities such as housing and medical care. Look at the epic failure of the housing modification problem. I could have fixed that in a second. (All they had to do was FDIC insurance contingent upon good faith modifications).

I really don't believe the website had problems do to negligence. It's a basic website, nothing more complicated then millions already out there. As for these plans being cancelled, don't tell me they didn't see that train coming. There was plenty of ways they could have hidden or lessened the impact of that problem.

This failure is nothing to celebrate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join