It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won’t the West Defend Middle Eastern Christians?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Because the West has been taken over by the AntiChrist global NWO banking cartel.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I see the outgrowths of the politicization of the faith...

2nd line.
edit on 8-11-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

When the Christians are gone, watch the Middle East burn by its own lack of concern for human dignity.

The foundation of a peaceful society is love for others. When the church of Rome corrupts truth, we know from history what happened. When tyrants corrupt truth, history repeats. When good people are persecuted, the Spirit rises. Christians may be turning the other cheek, but we are not silent on the issues. This is something that will continue to get worse and expand globally.

It's already burning, Christian presence notwithstanding.

I agree with you entirely that love and compassion for others is the answer to attaining a peaceful society.

The article mentioned how that part of the world is (as we know) the cradle of Christianity. There has been strife over there forever. And ever and ever. And still. It has never been at peace, except perhaps during the spreading of Islam long after Muhammed had died (but before the Crusades), when the Muslims became the seat of learning, science, philosophy, and exquisite arts. Witness Cordoba in Spain.

And that "peace" was imposed by FORCE, not by common consensus of the people (democracy). At least, as far as I understand it now. I had not known about the rich heritage of Islam in terms of its accomplishments until recently - and I think it's important for the West to recognize that it wasn't just Newton and Galileo that brought us to 'modern science' - Europe actually learned a LOT from the Muslims, about architecture and trades, like looming fancy cloth, etc. And the Chinese had a rich, complex culture going before that. The Persians, too. The Greeks and Romans? Well, duh, everyone knows that.

It is Euro-centric to think that ONLY Europe had a "good" influence on world history; it is clear that the East was WAY ahead of Europe in sophistication, cultural finesse, hygiene, organization, craftsmanship, etc.

That said, the Christians, Jews, and Muslims over there, in the broadest sense and as a whole, have never "gotten along well." Even if the common people there now are fine living amongst those of other faiths, the powerful -- and more importantly -- the ARMED and DANGEROUS eem to be against that. At least in the USA we can each have our own beliefs, and although others may disagree, we are not AFRAID for our lives. Yet.

I just now, as I was typing, thought: would it be helpful for them all to rally together and call themselves "Abrahamians"? Or would that take us back to OT tyranny? The problem is that of whether or not Jesus is considered to be "the only begotten son of God."

I don't have particular home-pride being an American; I am as disgusted with what is going on here as well, not just with what is going on in the ME. Do I think the Christians in the Middle East should be left alone, their faith allowed to be, their churches untouchable for pillage and plunder? Yes, I do.

As ketsuko said, what can we really do about it?

I'm glad that there is outrage in the churches; I don't go to church. But I also don't rely ONLY on MSM; I strive to investigate "alternative" and "local culture" news and op-ed outlets...they give a more regional veracity that broadcasts like CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.

I also check out RT, PressTV, and others. But I entirely disregard Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson and their ilk. They are dangerous troublemakers, and THAT's who needs to be silenced.

Anyway, thanks for your post and for not titling your latest threads "For Dummies", as well as not rattling off scripture to me. I swear, as much as I try, Ed, when I see verse numbers and book names, I skip ahead of those to try to capture YOUR words...and probably miss much along the way.

Have a good day, and a nice weekend. Thanks for the work you do to stifle contention.

I fully realize that I get wound up and snarky - because truly I am furious about how the world is being "run", and how ruthless people are to others less fortunate or less powerful than themselves. But I think that basically, you and I are on the same page - Love is the answer.

edit on 11/8/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Because the West has been taken over by the AntiChrist global NWO banking cartel.

There are plenty of VERY wealthy Christians, who, if they were truly concerned would be working at peace-making (and I know there are some, of course, that are). The problem stems from the fact that the West, being secular and opposed to infiltration of religion into state, means that they MUST adhere to a non-religious diplomatic approach, or else retract their proclamation of "secularism."

It's clear to me that NO ONE is "happy" about what's happening in our world; I actually don't believe in an Anti-Christ, or a NWO, but I DO believe the banking/finance cartel and military/industrial complex IS TO BLAME.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You got it! It was indeed spread by force.

I think this way, if there were to be secular right for all people, regardless of religion, and the allowance of religion for individuals, then that would not be a problem with me, however, crazy people are everywhere, so we have to still fight that.

Humans are humans, regardless of religion or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Have a good day, and a nice weekend. Thanks for the work you do to stifle contention.

I fully realize that I get wound up and snarky - because truly I am furious about how the world is being "run", and how ruthless people are to others less fortunate or less powerful than themselves. But I think that basically, you and I are on the same page - Love is the answer.

If you can read my latest thread series, the realization may dawn on you from the perspective of someone who was not chosen. Barnabas first appears to us as related to the first century story when lots were cast and Matthias was chosen over Barnabas to fulfill the missing spot of Judas. This is important for the path in life Barnabas eventually took and the outside perspective he outlines for us in his Epistle. Of all the early authors, his words outline the symbols created by ordinances. If you are alienated by church, it is likely the same reason that I have a distaste for organized religion.

Barnabas is the outsider. Because of this, his eyes were opened wider than those of the other writers. Barnabas gives us the meaning of the ordinances that the church currently ignores. Each of these symbols have meaning. When we make a dogmatic ritual of the ordinance, we miss the point. Barnabas did not miss the point.

Your heart is true if you see beyond the superficial. This is the point. As long as you are judging the outer shell of what you realize, you are missing the true inner meaning. Barnabas outlines how to overcome this wall separating us from the truth. I have tried to show what is on the other side by opening eyes. If you read the threads, you will understand what I am saying.

Why is Barnabas able to do this over the other 12 apostles? His pride was overcome for humility. While the others were filled with the pride of their theology, Barnabas looked past the theological boxes. He allow God to take him out of that box. It's comparable to a person leaving the church because of the hypocrisy that is experienced within the box.

As you look back at your past, realize that the seed (Eye of Grain) must first be crushed to produce a new plant. Before this happens, the soil must be prepared by being plowed and turned under. Water is then sprinkled over the soil and seed producing a new crop of seeds. This is what your life is all about. Mine too.

edit on 8-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
''why wont the west defend M.E christians?'' ......... Because the west doesn't exactly operate on religious ideals, but on irreligious politics and tactics designed to benefit a select group of people. Or perhaps the west is a sock puppet used by that select group. It only appears as if the sock puppet moves on its own, but in reality, its being animated by the skilled hand inside it.
edit on 8-11-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

sk0rp, you've missed the point AGAIN. I wonder: Do you just read headlines and see who wrote the thread and then start in? THESE TWO THREADS are sister threads. BOTH came from Muslim sites. I did not write them...so why constantly trying to attack my threads and posts??

Attack the articles and their sources. If you disagree with the essays/articles, then kindly state what fault you find with them, and explain to me how they are fiction.

Otherwise, you really needn't bother cluttering up the threads with irrelevant "comparisons" and trashing of 'the West' and attempts to slam me. You LIVE in 'the West', bro. So do I. I have never, EVER said 'the West' is perfect or that I agree with everything being done by our government and citizens.

If you don't like living in the West, then LEAVE! At least you have the freedom to do that - I hear the Taliban is always recruiting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join