It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People aren't selfish enough!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Complaining about life, BUT caring so much about what everyone thinks of you - it is hard to please them all.

Feeling bad someone called you "selfish" when they said that to manipulate your behavior - they are selfish too.

Trying fit in just to try to get "love" when you can be free being your unique self...

Being concerned with yourself, s ticking to YOUR desires instead of being used and manipulated for someone else's.

Telling other's to stop being selfish because YOU feel bad that you feel guilty to step into your self-love and self-concern.

The selfish people who manipulate others, can only do so because people are not selfish enough to stand up for themselves and stay honest with themselves and what they want.

Time to evolve! Tine to embrace selfishness instead of trying to go backwards in the evolution of self identity / self awareness.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You sound like your the product of being a pampered spoilt brat your whole life. Grow up life is give take.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

could I have 2 scoups of porage instead of just one today

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Self-love is not about selfishness, it's about recognizing your own value as an individual. It is in recognizing your own value, that you become able to recognize the value of others. S&F. Because I see what you're trying to say.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Time to embrace individualism.

You might like that Atlas Shrugged book.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Selfishness, aka narcissism, is the single biggest problem with the human race.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

arpgme
Complaining about life, BUT caring so much about what everyone thinks of you - it is hard to please them all...Trying fit in just to try to get "love" when you can be free being your unique self...

I appreciate the enlightenment in your words. It's hard to say if we'd see it the same without knowing you or having a deeper knowledge of how you think and see things, but I've often said there is a time to be selfish and a time to be selfless: a time when you need to look after yourself a time when you need to be there for someone you care about. I think it's all about balance. Modern society enforces conformity and punishes individuality, from elementary school to the workplace to how society is run.

captaintyinknots
Selfishness, aka narcissism, is the single biggest problem with the human race.

On the flip side, excessive self-interest results in narcissism. I've long had a personal dislike of narcissists, having had one as a relative, one as a 'friend' and more than one as an employer. They lie, cheat, steal and treat and view other human beings are puppets to be manipulated for their own selfish intentions. These people are seriously missing out on the human experience and I feel sorry for them, while despising how they treat those around them.

This is why I say it's about balance, between self-respect and respect for others. Some lean too much one way, some too much another. If a mother always puts her kids first and never deals with her own problems this may result in a psychological breakdown which won't help anyone. If she always puts herself first, she's a completely irresponsible mother. With responsibility comes sacrifice, and this is part of life, but at the same time, for sanity's sake, we can't lose love and respect for who we are.

Some might say therefore that we "all know the answer to this" subject, but I agree with arpgme at least in the sense that we tend to sacrifice too much of our self-worth. I am something of an individualist and yet I am quite compassionate. To my view, there is a kind of mass low self-esteem in this world, to the point where most people seem afraid to question authority, to rival a narcissist, to criticize the establishment's view or 'official story' of something or even to challenge the teachings and assumptions handed down to them by parents or other authority figures. People act like "little nobodies" when they don't have to at all. I never understood this, personally.

Just as a thought, some of it may be genetic and perhaps cultural (millennia of people being raised and treated as peasants would probably have long-lasting repercussions for many families and cultures.)
edit on 7-11-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

You sound like your the product of being a pampered spoilt brat your whole life. Grow up life is give take.

Life is what you make it to be through your reactions, and MY reactions are based on compassion AND emotion honesty instead of just "serving" others and trying not to be called "selfish"

And no, I am not some spoiled pampered person who got whatever I wanted... that is an assumption which happened to be incorrect.
edit on 8-11-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

And no, I am not some spoiled pampered person who got whatever I wanted... that is an assumption which happened to be incorrect.

Anyone can say anything on here, but from the way you write repeated threads on the serving to self, and the way you use your descriptors its a strong indicator you have been pampered and spoilt to have formed this self me, me, me persona. I don't think your know the first thing about compassion.

You even give away the truth of your pampered life in your signature

Forever Nurtured
By The Hands of The Divine
Completely Fulfilled

Lol...Is it God, the Government or Mommy whos hand out welfare to the Divine one.

edit on 8-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have just had a relevation. I know who you are now. Your Yahweh. It all makes sense, wow.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No ones posting in you rant, I guess they are not buying into the spoilt child me me me act you keep pulling out in threads, and Yes I do believe your interest in Yaweh gives away your inner nature, you are a host carrier for his spirit.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't wanna be a shellfish!

Å99

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The OP is an immature child. I doubt who has never worked a day in their life, another welfare recipient on life.

You hide in the shadows cause you powers are weak, and fear and deception is you allies.

edit on 8-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I love thread rants like this they are so cry baby hopeless that no one replies to them, and not even the OP lpl

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I can't work out why OP wants people to be shellfish...

Å99

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

The OP is basically one of lifes spoit brats and has always been a taker not a giver. People like that tend to eventually view normal average living folks as a kind of inferior slave. The thread is a kind of contemptuous taunt to the lower caste of slaves. Yes the OP is laughing at us.

edit on 9-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by akushla99

The OP is basically one of lifes spoit brats and has always been a taker not a giver. People like that tend to eventually view normal average living folks as a kind of inferior slave. The thread is a kind of contemptuous taunt to the lower caste of slaves. Yes the OP is laughing at us.

edit on 9-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

What? So not even sizeable shellfish? You mean like plankton?

Well, I never...

Å99

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well, that is kind of a cold way to look at society today. Things are not what we want it to be these days but I still have hope in my fellow humans to pull though. Society at large just needs to start moving toward and progress to a more unified world.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not sure what you mean by 'selfish'. Are you confusing that with keeping yourself safe and maintaining your own boundaries? Because that's not really selfish, it's quite sensible. We all have to look after ourselves, otherwise we'd be a great floundering (no pun intended, Aklushla99) burden to everyone else. It is, after all, ok to say 'no'.

Can you help me to understand this a bit better?
edit on 9-11-2013 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

akushla99
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Å99

Seeking the approval of others instead of just loving yourself with self-approval makes it easier to manipulate and control you.

Focusing on self will cut out a lot of the manipulative BS that happens.

For example, someone calling you selfish to make you feel bad so you can be manipulated into doing what THEY want you for their own selfish reasons instead of you living yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join